• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is one thing the whole fake NX controller leak taught me, is that nowadays it is really easy to fake something.

So Team Fake for me.
Edit : well, until proven otherwise

DKHF

Another listing with more pics

https://www.gumtree.com/p/ps4/sony-...stores-yet-brand-new-in-sealed-box/1184126779

$_86.JPG

I do photoshop editing for a living and I'm not seeing much of anything in these photos that makes it jump out and scream fake. Gradients all seem legit, no obvious photoshopping. There's some sketchy noise around the PS4 logo, but other than that looks legit.

CUH-2016A

Boke1879

an announcement of a slim model at the Playstation meeting it's out of the question imo. Cheaper PS4 that could possibly be sold for $250. Then they announce the Neo model to be sold for $400-$450

3 weeks from today is the 11th? So Sony would release the same week of announcing more or less? Doesn't sound right.

These console refreshes usually are an 'in-stores now' kind of deal. You don't want to announce a new console and not have it out for months; you're basically telling everyone not to buy your current console until it comes out.

I seem to remember the Xbox 360 E was available to order the day they announced it.

Ploid 3.0

Anyway, if it's real, it looks good to me.

Edit: Oh it looks very real now. Someone must have gotten a display box or something.

Hip Hop

an announcement of a slim model at the Playstation meeting it's out of the question imo. Cheaper PS4 that could possibly be sold for $250. Then they announce the Neo model to be sold for $400-$450

I feel like they are targeting two different kinds of demographics with each system that it won't eat each others sales.

deleted

Could be real..

I can see Sony releasing the Slim version as the new standard and because of that they won't have to drop the prize, because it's a new model.
Neo will be premium prize at launch.

Similar to the 3DS to New 3DS transition.

If that box is real... no mention of 4K? That would be a stupid move, unless they are targeting a much cheaper price than the current PS4.

If it's real, it's for PS4 Slim, not Neo. I think Sony would make the very much the 'budget' option, so 4K Blu-ray may not be likely. Who knows. The Xbox One S 500GB is quite cheap still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom