• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
If it's real, it's for PS4 Slim, not Neo. I think Sony would make the very much the 'budget' option, so 4K Blu-ray may not be likely. Who knows. The Xbox One S 500GB is quite cheap still.

Xbox One S is still just an Xbox, but it has UHD Blu-Ray support at cheap price, which is why I think it is stupid that Sony isn't including it and would put it only in the much more expensive Neo.

Shin

Banned
Possible back of the box
CqZgDfMWAAAHS68.jpg

Looks legit, see bottom-right of the box, the edge/corner has a bump on it.
It's not present in the other image of the the back of the box, making me think that they aren't the same.

Sweep14

Could be real..

I can see Sony releasing the Slim version as the new standard and because of that they won't have to drop the prize, because it's a new model.
Neo will be premium prize at launch.

Similar to the 3DS to New 3DS transition.

They can't afford to stay at their price (349) when the Xbox one S is 100 less with UHD blur-ray IMHO

artsi

I think it's real. Just a normal PS4 in a smaller closure, and Neo will be the "new" one so makes sense there's no additional branding here.

Floody

Still on team fake until an unboxing video, and even then I'm still on the fence. The fake NX leak got me good.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
They took away the led strip and how do you change HDDs? I don't think it is fake because low res leaked images always look like crap. If we've learned anything from the PS3 slim fiasco, this is most likely real.

Fredrik

Seems real enough to me. The design is okay but still disappointing, they kind of removed the sexiness imo, hopefully it's quieter than the original PS4 though.

yuraya

No mention of UHD Blu Ray? There's no way Sony wouldn't include it when Microsoft did with the S.

UHD is probably exclusive to Neo. MS doesn't have anything coming out until end of next year so it makes sense for them to do it with the S.

I do photoshop editing for a living and I'm not seeing much of anything in these photos that makes it jump out and scream fake. Gradients all seem legit, no obvious photoshopping. There's some sketchy noise around the PS4 logo, but other than that looks legit.

CUH-2016A

yup same for me. Apart for the 'PS4' logo looking quite big. I'm pretty sure this is legit.

What makes me think this is real:
- The 3d modeling of the ps4 is really good
- printing the box and stuff, why bother ?
- the console looks cheap to produce. like the ps3 slim was.

What makes me think it might be fake:

- cant see a power/eject button

Still #teamreal

Boke1879

Man, if Sept 7th is just about the Slim + PSVR..

Why would it be about PSVR? That's already been announced, showcased, priced etc.

This most likely is them revealing the slim and it being out soon after it's annoucement which is probably why we have a box if this is real.

Then they go on to showcase Neo and give us a date and price.

Audioboxer

so what's the legalities on buying a stolen product (if this is real)?

Sony could probably ban the console? If it is stolen they should be able to trace where it was stolen and the console ID.

Not sure if they would, depends if this is a few units that have been lifted, or a whole batch has been nicked.

so what's the legalities on buying a stolen product (if this is real)?
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/c...chase/if-you-think-youve-bought-stolen-goods/
If you’ve bought something that’s been previously stolen, you shouldn’t get into trouble if you didn’t know it was stolen when you bought it.

Take the item to the police

As soon as you think it's stolen you need to call the police on 101 or take the item to your local police station. They’ll try to return it to its original owner.

You shouldn’t keep the item or return it to the seller yourself - this might be considered ‘handling stolen goods’, which is illegal.

DPtheGod

At first glance the PS logo on top of the device looked like the Apple logo lol.

Looks neat if it's the right design, but I personally will skip for the Neo instead.

imae

I really hope that this is fake, because it does... not look good. Why release a slim version when Neo comes out in.. what, a month or two?

I mean, the OG PS4 is already pretty damn sleek and slim itself

It does??, how did I miss that :O

Kudo

Looks like the "Fat" PS4 lost some weight, doesn't look that bad or impressive to me, hopefully Neo looks different.

Also to people wondering why would they release Slim, this will replace Original PS4 on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom