• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

I mean I don't know why the dude would put his number out there if this was fake. If real I still don't know why he would put his number out there. Makes it easier to track him.

offshore

It's obvious... they've made the PS4 slim look ugly to make NEO look even better. lol.

I wanna know what the price is gonna be on this thing. ~£250 is too much IMO.

Audioboxer

Fake as hell. Still in the box, also the pictures are taken in somebody's bedroom instead of a warehouse or office.

Yeah we are going to get some pictures from Amazon or GAME warehouses right? lol. Said employees can't wait to lose their jobs selling goods illegally.

If real they are in peoples homes because they've been stolen.

Timurse

Banned
I do photoshop editing for a living and I'm not seeing much of anything in these photos that makes it jump out and scream fake. Gradients all seem legit, no obvious photoshopping. There's some sketchy noise around the PS4 logo, but other than that looks legit.

CUH-2016A

The thing is there's CUH-1206A model right now, so that's why 2016A seems a little bit odd. Wouldn't CUH-2006A be more credible?

ironcreed

Banned
Expected, to be honest. Like Microsoft has released the Xbox One S revision before they release Scorpio next year. Sony is doing the same with PS4 before they release Neo. Consoles usually always get slim revisions anyway, so it's really par for the course.

injurai

Banned
I don't think it looks that bad, better than the PS4 actually.

But where is the power light, and disc drive... clearly fake.

FelipeMGM

Fake or real, it looks a lot like these 4K media players made by Sony. If fake photoshop came of this, if real Sony inspired its design on it
maxresdefault.jpg

JSevere

uhh is there actually a system inside in the box? can they take it out and show us or do they just got the cardboard

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Between that disgusting cliff in the back, ambiguous touch power/eject buttons, and that weird antenna line-looking recess that they thought would be a great idea to put all around the console, I wasn't a fan. Havent seen the buttons or the back of this unit, but that recess looks even wider and more disgusting in the front box pictures. I'd have to tuck this behind a media center drawer like I did it's big brother.

Man, I think you're taking this console thing too personally.

Being disgusted by a electronics visual...damn

Audioboxer

I mean I don't know why the dude would put his number out there if this was fake. If real I still don't know why he would put his number out there. Makes it easier to track him.

Phone would be a burner or a PAYG sim. That's how the scammers on Gumtree do it as well.

Pooya

I'm not sure how is that ugly compared with we have right now. PS3 Super Slim was UGLY. This is fine. It's supposed to be budget choice.

antonz

Not sure why people here acting as if it would be impossible for Sony to announce a slim and Neo. Makes perfect Sense. Margins with the redesign etc. are going to be far better and at the same time they lower the cost of entry to the PS4. Meanwhile for the less cost conscious they have their premium offering.

Daffy Duck

Googling the contact number lists lots of mobile related websites, looks kind of shady.

If he has got a legit unit then it's been kept secret quite well until now.

Hoje0308

Banned
When the PS3 Slim box leaked, everybody thought it was a fake but turned out to be real

ps3_slim_leaked_photo_1.jpg

Ok at the event The PS4 slim will be announced with a release date for the end of this year and then they will talk about the Neo and how much power it's going to get with a release date of either the middle of 2017 or in the fall with devs talking about power and stuff - my predictions

Sony isn't going to set up an event of this sort only to announce something that's releasing next year. They could do that at PSX or even PGW. Neo is out this year.

#TeamFake :D

Looks like a Apple TV painted black and warped into a parallelogram shape. Also 2016? Seems a strange choice for a model number.

2013 - PS4 - CUH-1200
2016 - PS4s - CUH-2016A

Just don't feel right. CUH-2200 or something like that I might have bought it.

Back of the box feels a little busy.

Probably turn out to be real, but just feels a little fake. I mean 'Tesco Mobile', really? Someone took a photo of their phone taking the picture? If I was selling on Gumtree I'd just use the picture on the phone.

Are stores really getting stock this far ahead of Sept. 7th? Manchester, England?

Nothing about it feels right.

I don't get people saying this is dead when Neo comes out. There's definitely a market for both. I know that in my country, the cheapest one will sell much better. Lots of casuals wont care about the advantages of neo

phanphare

Banned
Between that disgusting cliff in the back, ambiguous touch power/eject buttons, and that weird antenna line-looking recess that they thought would be a great idea to put all around the console, I wasn't a fan. Havent seen the buttons or the back of this unit, but that recess looks even wider and more disgusting in the front box pictures. I'd have to tuck this behind a media center drawer like I did it's big brother.

obviously I'd need to actually see it but it looks like a gigantic step up from the vanilla ps4

artsi

Ok at the event The PS4 slim will be announced with a release date for the end of this year and then they will talk about the Neo and how much power it's going to get with a release date of either the middle of 2017 or in the fall with devs talking about power and stuff - my predictions

If they stole this it was probably on it's way to retail. So release very soon.

Lazaro

There's something off about the controller on the front cover, can't put my finger on it.

But I won't be surprised if it's real.

ethomaz

Banned
The thing is there's CUH-1206A model right now, so that's why 2016A seems a little bit odd. Wouldn't CUH-2006A be more credible?
1x old model
2x new model

The last two are the region code... the 2006A will possible release in the same region of 1206A.

Looks legit.

jsnepo

Probably real. I remember when the PS3 slim leaked in the Philippines and we tried searching for it in Greenhills. It's very close to the Playstation event too.

-griffy-

Banned
I don't really understand why so many people are saying it looks so ugly. Like, it's not amazing looking, but it looks fine. This looks like any other small media box you'd have under your TV. It pretty much looks exactly how I'd expect a PS4 slim to look, taking the design/shape of the original and simplifying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom