• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? There's a disc drive lol

I didn't say that I didn't see the Disc Drive, I just think it's suspicious. I mean look at the pic, if it has the components of the OR PS4. Where's the heat going to come out of? Look at the pictures, it's looks mostly sealed, that would be an easy bake oven. IMO.

Well, only a bit longer to wait for the official announcement.

(Edit: Again imo)

Arabic writing on the back if you zoom in and Bein sports so this is supposedly the Middle East box packaging. I heard nothing from the guy who's working on retail here (UAE) and I believe he would know.

As much as I enjoy the leaks, I can't wait for the day they start getting their shit two months late because they leak fucking everything.

DKHF

Well I was wrong. I like the design more seeing it outside of the box.

There's a lot of PlayStation hardware releasing this year.

Um, wow. I actually quite like it. I don't see the point in me buying one is Neo is coming, but I don't agree that it's ugly. Doesn't look like it's meant to be stood up on it's side though, so I hope Neo is.

FHIZ

No optical out?

Well... that would be kind of shitty since my sound bar doesn't take LPCM well, and my if I want to use my el gato, it doesn't accept a dolby signal.

Hopefully the Neo still has it. I like having the option.

Also, please, Neo... have USB in the back. I don't want shit hanging out the front of my console anymore. Especially with PSVR coming.

takriel

I looked around chinese websites, can't seem to find any similar images. I mean if it fell off a truck you'de think others would have seen it by now and Chinas where they are made so hmmm..

However it could be real, although it's likely not the slim but a cloud machine. Like you know, download PSN games and stuff. I mean where would the HDD 500 go? The disc drive would already be an issue, then you have the components, battery, and Power Brick.

I guess what that'll means is it will be cheap for a cloud device. maybe $199?

Damn aren't you a real tryhard

I didn't say that I didn't see the Disc Drive, I just think it's suspicious. I mean look at the pic, if it has the components of the OR PS4. Where's the heat going to come out of? Look at the pictures, it's looks mostly sealed, that would be an easy bake oven. IMO.

Well, only a bit longer to wait for the official announcement.
The same place heat comes out of the PS4. From the groove.

FelipeMGM

Probably a streaming device and not the slim. Maybe online only, it's too small to have the same components of the OR PS4. The Drive alone would take too much percentage of space.

I mean i guess it could still be the slim but this is probably a cloud device.

I looked around chinese websites, can't seem to find any similar images. I mean if it fell off a truck you'de think others would have seen it by now and Chinas where they are made so hmmm..

However it could be real, although it's likely not the slim but a cloud machine. Like you know, download PSN games and stuff. I mean where would the HDD 500 go? The disc drive would already be an issue, then you have the components, battery, and Power Brick.

I guess what that'll means is it will be cheap for a cloud device. maybe $199?

Just stop dude

Boke1879

It'll probably be available the day of or the day after the event. There are apparently rumors from Japanese retailers that Sony isn't shipping anymore PS4's. So they may be phasing out the old model in favor of the slim. Which means that they could slide it in right in time for P5 and the rest of the late year rush. It would also explain why Sony's yet to announce any LE consoles for this year.

Yup I remember reading something about Sony not sending shipments to Japan anymore and retailers expecting them to phase out.

I think you're right this will be available soon after the event.I wonder if we're going to see a firesale on the current PS4 model anytime soon?

Hexa

My bets are Slim for $299 and Neo for $400.

I don't think that's enough of a difference. I think the vast majority would prefer the Neo in that case, which doesn't fit with the Neo being a premium product and the Slim being mainstream. I'm betting that either the slim will be below $300 or the Neo will be above $400. Or maybe both. We'll see.

I wouldn't buy this.

It will end up getting banned as soon as it signs in on PSN.

Surprised nobody has asked how he actually got it. Has he stolen it?

I don't understand the point in making a slim of an already small console. Just make the neo.

Personally I think this slim design is ugly af.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom