• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celcius

°Temp. member
If people are getting them out in the wild already, this makes me think Sony will go with the "Available Now!" approach. :)
Hopefully they do the same for the Neo.
And just to add my 2 cents, I think the OG ps4 looks better than the slim.

Ugh, that PS4 Slim design really does reek of cost cutting and sidelining. It'd probably look a bit nicer if the Neo wasn't launching alongside the Slim as the high-end model.

The Xbox One S also has a chassis with less luxury materials (no chrome, no glossy/matte plastic divide) but at least Microsoft is proudly celebrating that matte plastic finish. Even if you don't personally like the design you can tell real craftsmanship has gone into realising it:

vpavic_070616_1091_0023.0.jpg

Even the power button on the One S is nice, and the PS4 S also sees a move to real buttons instead of capacitive ones: https://youtu.be/OikjJPr-jM4?t=93

Hopefully the Neo has a killer industrial design.

In other posts he mentions Foxconn preparing production for a smaller and bigger PS4 and something new for their PSP factory line.

Interesting. Not sure there will be a next gen handheld though, why would there be a limited edition PS Vita model for World of Final Fantasy after the event? Maybe it's another "normal" (aka 3DS to 3DS XL, not 3DS to N3DS) Vita refresh like a 3000.

KingBroly

Banned
Info from old worker, they open new production line making new devices similar to psp.

Could be any handheld, maybe NX?

So...

Likeliest to unlikeliest:
Vita rev. 3
NX
PSP anniversary (Own speculation)
new Sony handheld

If it's a new handheld from Sony, they're legit insane. But since it's never been rumored/discussed at any length, the best change IMO is on a Vita revision

Pooya

This is pretty funny way for a console to leak. We're used to blurry phone pics, factory leaks, premature ads going out and such. But a unit just going on sale? lol.

The design is good for me (if it is real, lol). I go with #teamgood.

#teamugly is just a people with mindset "if it is newer than it must be better and cool, according to myself"

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
So they won't be selling this as a "slim" based off the measurements in this thread, how could they? Do they just position this as a cheaper PS4 entry level.

Storm360

To peeps complaining about the optical out, why not just use the one in your TV?

Also it might be on the side.

While I've not tried with PS4, my Xbox One doesn't allow me to enable surround sound via HDMI because the TV isn't surround so the toslink stays in Stereo.

Vena

So...

Likeliest to unlikeliest:
Vita rev. 3
NX
PSP anniversary (Own speculation)
new Sony handheld

If it's a new handheld from Sony, they're legit insane. But since it's never been rumored/discussed at any length, the best change IMO is on a Vita revision

NX is almost certainly not in production yet.

Floody

They look to be about the same size, so maybe slim isn't what Sony see it as, more of a cheaper replacement for the regular PS4, whilst the Neo will be the seen as their standard model from now.

cyba89

Oh my god this has actual buttons for Power and Eject and you can easily tell which is which. This thing is already so much better than the OG PS4.

But no optical is a dealbreaker.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Dumb conspiracy theory:

Sony replaces the original PS4 with this slim model that nobody wants. Sneaky way to get everyone to go out a buy a Neo who was on the fence. Brilliant! :p

Release is imminent.

It'll probably be in stores, available the same week as the Playstation Meeting, where Slim is confirmed and Neo is unveiled.

PS4 price cut on OG and slim from $349 to $299. PS4 Neo $399. Wouldn't doubt it.

THE:MILKMAN

I like the matte finish. It would sit nicely along side my half-size Rega amp and DAC but I'm getting a Neo I think.

As it seems to only be marginally smaller I wonder if this is more a restyle to be in-line with what Neo looks like?

thenameDS

I think it looks nice, prefer it over the OG PS4 anyways. However I will be getting a Neo and not a slim, but I'm team real for this.

Xenoflare

"我只弄过给机子装外壳和包装盒还有重工,明天我去问问同学那边的情况

还有个老员工的消息是psp类似的机子开了几条生产线弄新机"

"I only installed the outer casings of the consoles and the heavy duties, I'll ask my classmate about the stuff on his end tomorrow"

"The veteran worker's info was that a few production lines opened for a PSP like device"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom