• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks Fisher Price tacky. Not to the extent that the Wii Mini or whatever it was called was, but yeah, it looks cheap. I hope this is a fake blowout, but I'm on #TeamReal.

gcubed

I agree that it is a revision to go hand in hand with Neo. Just like the S will be sold along with Scorpio next year. That is exactly what I am saying. But then you also say that Neo is not even coming next year, lol? We shall see.

I'm saying i expect the Neo this year.

DavidDesu

Don't get the comments that this looks ugly. Think it looks great personally... shame it's fake, apparently (just jumped into the thread).

New users being force to aside, why would an existing PS4 owner "upgrade" to the slim if there's no real advantage to it over the OR? PS2 Slim was thinner(much) and had less DRE issues.

PS3 SLIM was slick, allowed more memory etc.

PS4 Slim has...............???

Of course, it'll sell to the new guys like hot pancakes.

Real as expected then.

It seems UAE area gets a fair bit of leakage. Early games etc. If this has found it's way to the UK, are the channelling SCEE through central shipping areas?

Perhaps like shipping vanilla consoles to be encased in the right outer box and stuff with the right leaflets inside, latest FW etc.

Must be stolen goods if it is a console intended for the Middle East.

boyshine

A bit of hyperbole. No one cares what your consoles at home look like except yourself. This isn't like a phone or watch or anything that you're walking around trying to win style points.

I do agree Xbox slim looks better though.

People buy beautiful things for themselves. It has nothing to do with style points or bragging. I get enjoyment from looking at good design. When you can look at something and see the love that is behind the design, then you appreciate it that much more, compared to something that is just a rehash or simplification to save money. I don't see any love behind this.

New users being force to aside, why would an existing PS4 owner "upgrade" to the slim if there's no real advantage to it over the OR? PS2 Slim was thinner(much) and had less DRE issues.

Bloody hell, go away.

You have been running interference this entire thread.

I'm gonna see if this bloke will sell me one of these tomorrow or Tuesday then.

he wants cash and direct pickup so i doubt we'd have any luck in ireland. (unless you're over there now)

neo is the upgrade. as I and many others have said this is an OG PS4 replacement. for new owners.

It's almost as if you've discovered the entire point.

Vashetti

Banned
New users being force to aside, why would an existing XB1 owner "upgrade" to the slim if there's no real advantage to it over the OR? 360 Slim was thinner(much) and had less DRE issues.

360 SLIM was slick, allowed more memory etc.

XB1 Slim has...............???

I don't think Sony expects that many people will be "upgrading" to the slim.

The Neo is the upgrade, the slim is a new standard and a cheap entry point.

driver116

Xbox One S design team right now:

8gfrksdz1anf.gif

You can tell not much effort went into it but it looks sleek enough.

Ventilation holes make it look like shit.
Gives me thoughts of the T word, urgh.

gcubed

New users being force to aside, why would an existing XB1 owner "upgrade" to the slim if there's no real advantage to it over the OR? 360 Slim was thinner(much) and had less DRE issues.

edit.... nvm didn't see the chagnes :)

Jaagen

Xbone S has HDR10 and 4k Blu-Ray/streaming support.

ethomaz

Banned

Trying too hard already.

I bet it will be priced right and sells like hotcakes for new owners.

Neo is the system people will look for upgrades.

stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom