• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Don't know what people are seeing that are calling it ugly. It looks like a slicker ps4. It would probably blend in more in a home entertainment setup and would stick out less. Love the all matte look.

Jaagen

Bad joke or not there may be some under the hood adjustments that aren't plastered on the box.

I agree. I'm hoping for SATA 3.0 which will castly improve the usabillity of an SSD. The regular PS4 is limited in that aspect, and won't allow an SSD to reach it's maximum potential.

KingBroly

Banned
Don't know what people are seeing that are calling it ugly. It looks like a slicker ps4. It would probably blend in more in a home entertainment setup and would stick out less. Love the all matte look.

This one just looks kinda...there. It looks very generic.

Caayn

Completely goes against the entire PS4 design with its sharp edges and lines. Prefer the OG PS4 design over this slim redesign.

Although I like to small PS icons used as foots for the console.

Boke1879

dude DUDE.

Imagine if they sell this thing for 199 cause of lack of UHD BR.

NEO is gonna be their big 4K push i guess, and this thing of for significantly slimming down the components of the OG PS4 for major cost savings?

I say they take the hit and go at least $250. Clean up this holiday and get people into your ecosystem. This is the best change for them to do it when Scorpio is launching a year away.

I can't believe how many of you are complaining about how ugly it is.
Its not even ugly. I mean, Its not a work of art, but what exactly is UGLY about it? Its a matte black box that looks like pretty much any other video game console.

Xenoflare

Eh? There's alsoways a slim, 360 had a slim, ps3 had a slim, wii had a slim, a bad one, but wii had a slim. (to remove confusions I'm talking about Wii not Wii U.)

That's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about how I like the One S was the better slim out of the two because it fixes many issues of its predecessor while adding more features

Jotaka

New users being force to aside, why would an existing PS4 owner "upgrade" to the slim if there's no real advantage to it over the OR? PS2 Slim was thinner(much) and had less DRE issues.

PS3 SLIM was slick, allowed more memory etc.

PS4 Slim has...............???

Of course, it'll sell to the new guys like hot pancakes.

plz-stop-post.jpg

Well 100% real, if your in the UK and near Bolton or Manchester get on gumtree and you can go collect from sellers right now! £300 to buy today, guessing they are making a huge mark up with been so early

Crazy it's come in stealth like this

FLEABttn

Banned
It doesn't have a fan? I couldn't open my PS4 this summer because of the heat which made the fan run so fast that the noise was louder than the game itself. And this one doesn't even have a fan.

I hope Sony will add more fans to the PS4 Neo and not ommit it completely.

Of course this has a fan.

New users being force to aside, why would an existing XB1 owner "upgrade" to the slim if there's no real advantage to it over the OR? 360 Slim was thinner(much) and had less DRE issues.

360 SLIM was slick, allowed more memory etc.

XB1 Slim has...............???

The OR XB1 had HDR and UHD?

I mean lol guys if you wanna get to me ya gotta try harder.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
With the PS4 Slim obviously real, what does this mean for Neo? Does Neo get delayed to 2017 in order for Sony to increase the specs? Also, whether or not Neo gets released this year has to do with the October 1st requirement that all games must have a base mode and a Neo mode on the disc. If rumors go around between now and September 7th that the October 1st requirement is no longer required, I think that it would then be safe to assume that Neo gets delayed.

iNvid02

Well 100% real, if your in the UK and near Bolton or Manchester get on gumtree and you can go collect from sellers right now! £300 to buy today, guessing they are making a huge mark up with been so early

Crazy it's come in stealth like this

what if its a 100% markup? £149.99 rrp

dex3108

I really don't get it why PS4 needs Slim version. It is already small. Same size with better cooling would be better choice in my opinion.

wapplew

With the PS4 Slim obviously real, what does this mean for Neo? Does Neo get delayed to 2017 in order for Sony to increase the specs? Also, whether or not Neo gets released this year has to do with the October 1st requirement that all games must have a base mode and a Neo mode on the disc. If rumors go around between now and September 7th that the October 1st requirement is no longer required, I think that it would then be safe to assume that Neo gets delayed.

Neo is in mass production, it'll come out this year.

So do you guys think the Neo comes out this year? Or is this what they are going to announce in early Sept?

It would be really stupid to announce Neo in September and then release it after the holiday season and they arent flying out the press to look at a slim for an hour.

New users being force to aside, why would an existing PS4 owner "upgrade" to the slim if there's no real advantage to it over the OR? PS2 Slim was thinner(much) and had less DRE issues.

PS3 SLIM was slick, allowed more memory etc.

PS4 Slim has...............???

Cheers, your posts in this thread have been hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom