• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] - Red Dead Redemption 2 - Leaked off-screen screenshot

Simo

DerZuhälter;236353728 said:
Sure this isn't Far Cry 5?

That's supposed to be set in modern day Montana so no?

Not sure what to make of it honestly. There's a lot of details to suggest its real but I dunno..

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope it's fake that does not look better than GTA 5.

Could be from an early build.

Maybe the guy leaked it to wake them up since R* thought they are in a comfy zone were nothing leaks.

inner-G

Banned
Why is the guy casting such a hard shadow on the floor, when the railing and milk can have almost no shadow on their 'dark sides'?

The dark side of the trough on the ground has a proper shadow

The people in the background have no shadows on the ground, either.

Raven77

Could this be the town titled "Strawberry" from the supposed rumored Red Dead 2 map leak, or was this leak proven fake? https://assets.vg247.com/current//2016/04/Re-dead-overlay-map.jpg

Strawberry is the green dot on the left. It sort of matches the topography seen in this supposed leaked screen with the green trees on the hillsides suggesting the town in the screen may sit in a valley, possibly near water just like "Strawberry" seems to.

Fun to speculate.

Chris1

Looks real.. But I kinda expected it to look better than that.. Idk. Maybe it's better in motion.
When was the last time something like this leaked from Rockstar?

The map, GTA 5 pic floating around.

Rockstar has a tight ship but they've never been completely free of leaks.

Chris1

http://gtaforums.com/topic/887052-something-interesting/?p=1069563742
2Jbmz50.png

Look at the saddle, the ropes tied around the horses mouth (snout?). It's pretty on-point. If it's fake, it's actually a solid job. I'm inclined to believe it's real.

Simo

Could this be the town titled "Strawberry" from the supposed rumored Red Dead 2 map leak, or was this leak proven fake? https://assets.vg247.com/current//2016/04/Re-dead-overlay-map.jpg

Strawberry is the green dot on the left. It sort of matches the topography seen in this supposed leaked screen with the green trees on the hillsides suggesting the town in the screen may sit in a valley, possibly near water just like "Strawberry" seems to.

Fun to speculate.

It wasn't debunked and Techradar said it was real via their sources.

If you want to compare, this is a really early screenshot...
TUXNOKG.jpg

Yeah..... It's about time we get some official news on it. I could be wrong but I think that trailer came out longer than six months ago...... damn.

Dyl

When was the last time something like this leaked from Rockstar?

We're still waiting to see if that alleged map is real or not. If true, it has to be literally the biggest leak ever out of Rockstar since the game had not even been announced at that point.

I still think that GTA V submarine screenshot was a controlled leak. I'd file this "leak" under the same category if it turns out to be true.

Top Bottom