• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Red Dead was originally going to be shown at the end of the Sony Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAMARMO

Banned
Up until yesterday it was planned to show RD at the end of Sony's show to close. The demo for Days Gone was going to be shown after the announcement trailer was played. Days Gone gameplay demo was moved to the end to replace the RD announcement. In the RD announcement trailer there is a scene of an outlaw shooting up innocent people at a popular brothel/saloon. Due to the recent Orlando massacre it was decided that it was inappropriate to show and there was no time to edit a new trailer.
june 19

TRAILER DUE JUNE 19

Source:https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/4nzm1g/red_dead_was_originally_going_to_be_shown_at_the/

The trailer for days gone closed exactly where the gameplay demo began. It really felt like it was moved around due to some last minute changes.

I wanted a new Red Dead and it would have been an amazing ending to the show. Damn it. If that rumour is true I can definitely understand why it wasn't shown, though.

iMax

I feel Red Dead would actually be better suited to a standalone announcement, kinda like GTA V.

Countdown, hype, trailer, etc...

Sephzilla

Sounds believable enough to me. Closing the show with a game that kind of looks like poor-man's Last of Us confused me quite a bit.

Hm. It's believable, but there doesn't seem to be anything actually corroborating it. It comes off more as a fan theory for why something someone wanted wasn't there.

Simo

The guy posting is that is full of shit.

He was another reddit member by the name of "raiden018" who is also a gaffer I believe and basically took GAF insider info from here and on Twitter and tried passing it off as his own. When it backfired and RDR was a no show, reddit went after him and his account was banned. An hour later and this "tragedytrikes" user shows up with this story and begins posting it all over reddit.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Also, they could have just taken it off of the conference and showed something else like today and they haven't yet. Really doubt it was pulled.

Proelite

Good call and very respectable choice. Gears of War 4 opening the MS conference was a bit tone-deaf and uncomfy.

It's understandable if that was the content of the trailer to not air that, but they could've easily thrown together a teaser with a bit of footage in 24 hours.

Probably false, Rockstar doesn't need e3 unless Sony was throwing money at them.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How long would it have taken to just edit that bit out and/or replace it with something else? Doesn't sound very likely tbh

Zophar

The "hey we're going to go *back* to a game we showed you earlier" move at the show close felt super weird and unusual for a conference. I believe this.

Red Dead Redemption has you tossing molotov cocktails at innocent people in their homes so this doesn't seem too out of left field.

blakep267

Maybe but why would that be in the trailer in the first place. Like that's not a conference type of thing to show. I don't even think COD showed nonrussian before it released

Dargor

No wonder it felt so weird. That ending I mean.

I was like "Did it end? There must be something else. There is always a one more thing in Sony's E3s."

That would explain why it ended so abruptly.

MiguelItUp

I almost feel like if they would've just shown the logo and had someone speak on behalf of why it wouldn't be shown would be incredibly respectful. While still being incredibly effective. I dunno, I can definitely understand why they wouldn't shown it. I just hope this is true, this just makes me think maybe we'll hear something at Gamescom? (If this IS true?)

Cornbread78

as stated previously, I can completely believe it, but they should have just chopped the trailer to a few images, a few lines by House, and boom, Title.... drop the mic and walk away....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom