• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

rumour: Resident Evil 2 remake incoming?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Thanks to Nextgame.it for the heads up (never heard of slashergamer honestly, my bad).

From slashgamer.com

During a Q&A segment at the Resident Evil 5 Wondercon panel, Capcom was asked by an enthusiastic fan about a possible Resident Evil 2 remake. Mike Webster of Capcom decided to respond to the answer. He said, “Stay tuned, we absolutely understands that these are classic games,” and added, “Some announcements, that you will be very interested in [are on the way]

Obviously it doesn't necessarily means that it's definitely coming, but maybe we'll hear something about new RE projects on the way at GDC.

I don't even how that would work, past REs are so disconnected to what the RE franchise has become today... and I loved 'em.

edit: [Nintex] on post#25 says that Jun Takeuchi "said the same on the Gametrailers interview"

Lakitu

st5fu
Resident Evil 2 remake with that viewpoint, a fuckton more zombies / lickers, new and additional areas, glossy graphics, remixed music would make the happiest man on earth.

But it's probably gonna go to the Wii.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
RE2make? Umbrella Chronicles 2? Something completely different? You
don't
decide!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
RE2 remake with a RE4 design perspective in mind would be glorious.

RE2 'remake' in vein of RE/RE0 Wii can go eat shit and die.

EDIT: Actually fuck that. RE2 remake in vein of REmake on the GCN would be awesome. If they are going to use the RE4 design principles they might as well make something new.

Which they should anyway.

Teknoman

Lakitu said:
Resident Evil 2 remake with that viewpoint, a fuckton more zombies / lickers, new and additional areas, glossy graphics, remixed music would make the happiest man on earth.

RE2wiimake would be nice if it played like an improved RE4wiimake.

Reilly

EatChildren said:
RE2 remake with a RE4 design perspective in mind would be glorious.

RE2 'remake' in vein of RE/RE0 Wii can go eat shit and die.

Strange, I feel the complete opposite.

PLEASE GOD!

...and please make it just like REmake. High detail pre-rendered backgrounds and character models, new additions (in locations and creatures), etc.

I know I'm in the extreme minority here, but please use the REmake style, not the RE4 style.

Stitch

Gold Member
they will probably just take the N64 port, add some waggle and sell it for 40$
when no one buys it they will cry and say we failed the test and will never get any cool games for wii again.

Lakitu

st5fu
TheJollyCorner said:
PLEASE GOD!

...and please make it just like REmake. High detail pre-rendered backgrounds and character models, new additions (in locations and creatures), etc.

I know I'm in the extreme minority here, but please use the REmake style, not the RE4 style.

Hmm, I'm not against this.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Reilly said:
Strange, I feel the complete opposite.

With the latter I was more referring to a copy/paste port with Wii controls rather than a rebuild.

I edited my post anywho.

Lakitu said:

This is exactly what I'm betting on. Every Resident Evil on Wii has sold a million or more (RE4 and Umbrella) not to mention every remake has come to Nintendo systems. RE2 remake on Wii is imminent.

Teknoman

TheJollyCorner said:
PLEASE GOD!

I'd play that too. REmake was so atmospheric. Just make sure it runs in widescreen and 480p though.

Snaku

Banned
Brandon F said:
GIVE US THE REAL RE2!

Finish RE 1.5!!!

261yzp2.jpg

Wouldn't mind playing as her in a new third scenario. :D

Please, be like REmake.

Please, be like REmake.

Please, be like REmake.

Please, be like REmake.

Please, be like REmake.

Please, be like REmake.

Please, be like REmake.

And please, give us RE 1.5 as a bonus

ATF487

I want the original idea for Umbrealla Chronicles to finally surface: random stories from the RE0--> RE3 played with the camera/controls from RE4.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
neo2046 said:
RE2 Remake on Wii with RE remake engine with 16:9 480p supoort please !!!

Somewhat enhanced controls would be nice too. Though I guess that's given with the pointer...

They could use that early RE4 gameplay. Retains some of that great atmosphere from the earlier games along with some new ideas/shooting mechanics.

Akai

This game is FAR too late in the making, though I still want it every bit as much as I did years ago...And yes, Wii better get it with all the crappy ports and "tests" it's gotten... >=|

Link

The Autumn Wind
Andrex said:

Somewhat enhanced controls would be nice too. Though I guess that's given with the pointer...
The REmake and Zero ports didn't have any pointer enhancements.

pje122 said:
On Gamecube please. Don't need shitty waggle in my RE2. :)
Well, aren't you precious.

Andrex said:

Yeah, I mean check out the pages at National Console Support for comments of the Wii port of REmake and Zero, not very good from what I've read.

pje122

Dash Kappei said:
TROLL FAIL

Hahaha!

Sorry that just really made me laugh.

I don't dislike the Wii, I just don't need waggle where it doesn't belong.

And I just really love my GCN

On the HD consoles with mind-meltingly awesome HD pre-rendered backgrounds, please.

I don't want the game to be like RE4 because they'd have to change the layout way too much to accommodate it.

scarybore

Dark FaZe said:
They could use that early RE4 gameplay. Retains some of that great atmosphere from the earlier games along with some new ideas/shooting mechanics.

Thats true, but I think if they went that route the game would still need a lot of reworking. Personally I would love it if the game was remade in the same way Resident Evil was, could probably be released on all 3 consoles with a bit of effort and then everyone would be happy. Saying that, it would probably be a Wii game since no matter what direction they took they would have a engine ready for it.

revolverjgw said:
On the HD consoles with mind-meltingly awesome HD pre-rendered backgrounds, please.

I don't want the game to be like RE4 because they'd have to change the layout way too much to accommodate it.

go play re5 kthxbye....

Top Bottom