• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour says that Lockhart will cost $300

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
"In 2018, a record 83 percent of all computer and video games were sold in digital form, meaning that, once the game is downloaded, it is immediately ready to play. "

I suspect even higher in 2019......

Last edited:

SpartanN92

Banned
If the thing is smaller than the One X (let’s say 75% of the physical size) I’ll buy a Series S AND a Series X!

The Series X will be for the living room and gen Series S will be for travel.

I think it's DOA at that price. If it costs more than, say, 199$, people will simply pony up the extra money for the big guns.
I think the SAD edition was their test for this, and it seems to sell rather well for an xbox one system, a lot of people don't even care for the disk drive... imagine a kid that plays sports games and fortnite they have no use for the disk drive.

CAB_Life

I think it's DOA at that price. If it costs more than, say, 199$, people will simply pony up the extra money for the big guns.

That’s not how non-enthusiasts‘ minds work. They are far more sensitive to sticker shock than any other consumemer. $300 for a “next-gen” (even if it’s not the next gen system of systems) is a great price and fantastic advantage for MS to leverage if Sony has no competing offerings.

ZywyPL

Banned
If anything, I'd say the more options the better, so giving the people a slightly more expensive option equipped with a BD would be a more viable options IMO for the audience the cheaper SKU potentially targets, especially in US and its data caps, whereas in EU the cheaper, 299 digital-only model might be a great competition for anything Sony will have to offer from a pure price point perspective. And same goes for the XBX as well, why not release a BD-less model for less, for people who prefer digital distribution? So that would give a total of 4 SKUs (INB4 "OMG, I can easily differentiate 20 smartphones from the same manufacturer but 4 consoles?!? That's too much for me!!"), something like:

299 XB SAD
399 XB S
499 XB XAD
599 XB X

Everything for everyone.

I knew this would happen, so that means this...
  • Xbox One S - $150
  • Xbox One X - $200
  • Xbox Series S - $300
  • Xbox Series X - $500 to $600 depending on how powerful it is.
This is a killer strategy. Also consider the XOS can be a streaming box for Next-Gen as the generation moves forward. There’s no reason for it to never exist if so.

Top Bottom