• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Uncharted 4 DLC to be focused on Sam, standalone, reveal at PSX

Wow people really don't like Sam lol. Maybe they just don't like the idea of the secret brother that came out from nowhere years later? I thought it was a well made character, and that there was a good chemistry between Sully and him from the little we've seen.

Wow people really don't like Sam lol. Maybe they just don't like the idea of the secret brother that came out from nowhere years later? I thought it was a well made character, and that there was a good chemistry between Sully and him from the little we've seen.

He's too rugged for the weebs

Shock32

I liked Sam a lot, he was a nice change of pace from Nate. Also I think he's a better fit with Sully. Nathan and Sully were on opposite ends of the spectrum, Sam and Sully are on the same end of the spectrum.

All I can say is it's not Sam.

image.php

I really hope so... Sam wasn't a bad character, but he took too much of the focus off the rest of the cast, and his actions in U4 make me not want to play as him in this DLC

dalin80

Banned
Sam? Well that gets a pretty hefty 'meh' from me.

Would have much preferred playing as a pirate following the clues way back when.

bunkitz

Shame. Nothing against Sam, but we all know who the star should have been: Victor "Goddamn" Sullivan. Nobody else is worthy.

Whatever it is, please make the interactions meaningful. I can't help but think the Nadine fights are the worst gameplay segments of the year. You mash the square button with actions that barely correlate with your button presses, follow the QTEs all the while the entire fight is contextual and there is no way to win. Then you do it, what, three more times with her?

I learned my lesson quickly and just leave the controller on the couch while the fight autoplays to the pre-determined ending. It almost makes me feel as if Naughty Dog has contempt for video games and the people that play them. "Do what you want, we're in charge here!" It's more important for them to have control than to give the player some decent controls and an intelligent challenge to overcome.

Please, ND, less of this frustrating game design. Give us a game to play where what we input matters, or just go full Quantic Dream and drop the façade.

/overly dramatic disappointed fan's rant

tldr; Whatever character it focuses on doesn't matter nearly as much as the way the game is designed.

Shinobi, plus Schreier also seemingly indicating it's bullshit.

I mean I'll play whatever, but would prefer various other options over a Sam focus, definitely.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I actually liked the walking simulator stuff. Sam was the only part that made the game a chore. I definitely understand how people quit because they were done with him.

commissar

Don't care about Sam. Was useful as a side character, but this is pretty disappointing

Edit: read through the full thread, Sully hype!

Top Bottom