• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Uncharted 4 DLC to be focused on Sam, standalone, reveal at PSX

According to an insider source at Sony, a standalone DLC for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will be revealed and playable at Playstation Experience this December.

The DLC will revolve around the adventures of Samuel, the brother of Uncharted series protagonist Nathan Drake, and Sully, a long-time cast member of the franchise. The reveal will consist of a gameplay segment, followed by a medley of cutscene footage, and concluding with the name of the DLC.

The DLC is standalone, and as such is playable without needing to own the original game, and will tell a self-contained story, with Nathan Drake himself present to hand the reigns of adventuring over to his sibling.
It has also been disclosed that Nathan’s daughter will not be present in the DL

https://jaffameister.com/2016/11/21/leaked-reveal-of-uncharted-4-dlc-at-playstation-experience/

The spoiler tagged part is pretty endgame, so don't click on it if you haven't finished UC4.

Please be true, this is probably the best case scenario for story based DLC

Hoping for some Post U4
Sam and Sully shenanigans

Edit: Skimmed over the first part, that seems to be exactly what it is, awesome! Bring back some other side characters please.

zsynqx

Got to assume Chloe will be in this as well. Claudia Black and Druckmann recently started following each other on twitter.

Neoxon

Sounds like this is gonna cover
the business deal that Sully mentioned to Sam near the end of Uncharted 4 before the time skip.

Auctopus

Ew, really wasn't keen on the inconsistent accent and personality in general. I don't know if I can stand several hours.

DKHF

Didn't dislike Sam like a lot of people on GAF but would have preferred if the DLC had focused on someone else. It makes sense though. Never heard of this source.

I would so hate this. I completely disliked Troy Baker's Sam character. So many moments felt forced, hopefully this is exactly what it is now, just a rumor.

That's just how I wanted to conclude my 10-year journey with Nate, Sully and Elena, playing as a long lost brother who was shoehorned in to the final game and had too much screen time as it is.

Yes, yes, yes... I know I got my conclusion earlier this year. But it bums me out that my last taste of Naughty Dog's Uncharted will be with a character who was just, alright.

Then again, it could all be a load of rubbish.

This pretty much allows some other dev team to take over the Uncharted franchise and continue it.

Im pretty indifferent to Sam, but Im pretty indifferent to Nate too. At least Sully is in it.

OldMan

Banned
Story mode DLC is kinda cheesey because I done finished the game and now you want me to go back to it? Release a proper sequel.

Interfectum

Story mode DLC is kinda cheesey because I done finished the game and now you want me to go back to it? Release a proper sequel.

It's not either-or. Uncharted 5 is a long way off and most likely not made by ND. This DLC doesn't delay or hasten another proper sequel.

Grisby

Damn.
Looks like he's vetted by Laura. This seems pretty plausible though. It was either this or Chloe DLC.
*grabs wrong grail cup* They chose poorly. Unless she's in it to a great extent.

Sam was ok, but that's about it.

Top Bottom