• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Western-focused Monster Hunter 5 for PS4, MH Portable series for Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
1477622794517.jpg

I figure it might be worthwhile splitting this off from the MHXX thread.

The reason this is could hold some water is because this post apparently leaked MHXX's name some hours before the MH Direct. So I dunno. This just sounds like 3rd gen MH all over again.

This makes sense for several reasons:
- Monster Hunter on consoles always have been bigger than on handhelds
- Street Fighter V is proof that being exclusive to the PS4 actually pays off for Capcom
- The MonHun franchise is strong in Japan but stronger in the west which makes the shift to homeconsoles plausible
- The huge userbase they've built on the 3DS which is attached to the mainline series and jumping towards the Switch in the future would probably understand why they would have to play the Portable series and not object because in general the Japanese are very polite

Kinda excited for this!

Nibel's post makes sense. Basically confirmed.
Don't see Capcom ditching handhelds for unknown reasons potentially messing with their most stable money maker.

So you link to a post mocking this rumor but still thought this rumor seemed realistic enough to make a thread?
It apparently got MHXX's name right. Everyone knew it was going to be a G expansion to MHX, but no one knew it was going to be called Double Cross.

I don't believe it, but I'd rather not derail the MHXX thread.

XenodudeX

If there was a MH for the PS4 in the works, wouldn't' Capcom had already announced that already seeing they just announced another one for the 3DS?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This is pretty dumb.

A joke post that was instantly recognized as such more than a day ago is being used in a thread about a rumor you don't believe yourself.

It apparently got MHXX's name right. Everyone knew it was going to be a G expansion to MHX, but no one knew it was going to be called Double Cross.

I don't believe it, but I'd rather not derail the MHXX thread.

I mean one letter is changed. Oh no!

And we discussed this while playing Wow! Such credence.

wwm0nkey

I just don't see this happening MH is too successful on Nintendo now, the most you can hope for is Tencent's MMO coming over (iirc Capcom gets to use all of MHOs models and textures if they want)

1477622794517.jpg

The reason this is could hold some water is because this post apparently leaked MHXX's name some hours before the MH Direct. So I dunno. This just sounds like 3rd gen MH all over again.

SONY is desperate for Japan

SONY pays for a western focused Monster Hunter game

makes total sense

Joqu

Guys I just read this post on neogaf dot com and i think i should make a thread

1477622794517.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom