• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: WIP intro for Pre-E3 Show appears on Vimeo. Teases some stuff.

TimmiT

If it's WIP, could it be that the makers just put those names there temporarily until they actually know who's going to be there?

World Premier from Naughty Dog?

Last of Us 2?

tumblr_m8itj4ULrM1qa5etko1_500.gif

Nanashrew

Banned
When was the last time we saw Satoshi Tajiri? Bulbapedia only has two pictures of him from 1999 surounded by Pokemon plushes and one holding the DS Lite.

The Naughty Dog thing could just be gameplay from the highly rumored Uncharted Collection. The crazy thing here is the guest lineup, if that's real it's pretty damn wild.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The names in there could be placeholders.

Would Konami let Kojima make public appearances before the release of MGSV? With all the questions people would ask him about what the hell is going on at Konami?

Satoshi Tajiri showing up would be pretty crazy. Even though he created Pokemon, for the last decade he's only been credited as an executive producer.

If he really does show up, I wonder if it would mean he could be starting to do some more hands-on work.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Infinity Ward during a Treyarch Call of Duty year?

You mean they actually do other shit than Call of Duty?

JoeM86

When was the last time we saw Satoshi Tajiri? Bulbapedia only has two pictures of him from 1999 surounded by Pokemon plushes and one holding the DS Lite.

Very rarely. He doesn't really handle the Pokémon series as much. He executive produces, but Junichi Masuda is the main lead on Pokémon these days. He is very seldom seen

Anyway, I'm suspicious of this video. I am unsure as to why we should trust it.

Jachaos

A "world premiere" from Naughty Dog? A new game?

The Last of Us sequel megaton surprise announcement has been ruined.

"World premiere" is now used as a very broad term to build up the hype. It's something that wasn't seen before.

So a new Uncharted 4 trailer counts. Doesn't need to be a new game (or an Uncharted collection for that matter).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That feel when your favorite games creator is listed above Gabe Newell ;)

2015-05-1620_26_24-na67ssg.png

Ragona

I remember i read on gamestar.de about keighleys tweets of 'incidentally' meeting Kojima... but still infinity ward makes little sense.

Calling it now!

Naughty Dog = Uncharted Trilogy Remasterd
Nintendo = Paper Mario Remastered Wii U
Infinity Ward = Modern Warfare Trilogy Remastered

I just remembered that Pokemon's 20th anniversary is next year. If this is legit and Tajiri does show up at E3, it might be related to the anniversary.

Armadilo

Banned
If place holders why choose these specific things ? Nintendo, Naughty Dog and Infinity ward ? having these 3 things seem like you would of had to put some thought to it, wouldn't you just be lazy if you had to put place holders ?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
You guys, be careful. Some of these are more than likely placeholders. During the breakdown you can see differences from the pitch to first pass animation.

For example, the video says hosted by Kumail Nanjiani, whereas in the breakdown it says hosted by Joel McHale

0n6KPBR.png

buyVSR8.png

A lot of these names listed are likely placeholders until the outlet can confirm final bookings. In which case the production house will have different slides that can be dropped in and out for the final show.

BY2K

Membero Americo
You guys, be careful. Some of these are more than likely placeholders. During the breakdown you can see differences from the pitch to first pass animation.

For example, the video says hosted by Kumail Nanjiani, whereas in the breakdown it says hosted by Joel McHale

0n6KPBR.png

buyVSR8.png

A lot of these names listed are likely placeholders until the outlet can confirm final bookings. In which case the production house will have different slides that can be dropped in and out for the final show.

Welp, it does look like the names are placeholders.

0n6KPBR.png

buyVSR8.png

huh good catch, didnt see that.
After seeing it again, still pretty sure the final vid is the final vid he was about to send through his client though. The Trey Parker stuff was during him building it. But yeah... I guess some of them are placeholders, but the more unknown names, i dont see him using it as placeholders though

Nick_C

I'm not too sure about E3. It looks more in line with The Game Awards. Maybe Keighley contracted them to create a concept for the 2015 show.

0n6KPBR.png

buyVSR8.png

I guess we're done here, then :(

As I mentioned before, the Infinity Ward listing in particular is suspicious. They've only developed CoD games and they're currently working on CoD 2016. I'm not sure what they could possibly reveal since Ghosts DLC has been finished for awhile. And I can't imagine that Activision would want to take away from any BO3 hype by announcing a Modern Warfare remaster.
This.
Cool if true, but I call bs until we know more.

Olivia Munn used to be on G4 with Pereira and Chris Hardwick is a professional nerd.
Still, what's the point of guest celebrities making an appearance? If they're conducting interviews with the other guests, that makes sense. But the way this lineup is structured seems wierd.

I am going to stand firmly in team placeholder. Video is real, names were probably just the first thing thought up by the producer.

Jachaos

If place holders why choose these specific things ? Nintendo, Naughty Dog and Infinity ward ? having these 3 things seem like you would of had to put some thought to it, wouldn't you just be lazy if you had to put place holders ?

That might just be what the person who made this had on his/her mind.

Miyamoto, Kojima, Wright and Newell are pretty much the first names that pop in the mind of many.

Tajiri does strike me as odd though.

Yep, going with either fake or just temporary placeholders. One huge giveaway is Infinity Ward, considering this is Treyarch's year.

Kyou

the Trey Parker thing makes me think they just took the list of people from a past show for placeholders since he'd have no reason to be making the rounds

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
This video is definitely real, commissioned to be done by Capacity, for a client, likely GameTrailers or Spike or IGN or another outlet.

The names in the video, however, are likely placeholders.

Still, what's the point of guest celebrities making an appearance? If they're conducting interviews with the other guests, that makes sense. But the way this lineup is structured seems wierd.

I am going to stand firmly in team placeholder. Video is real, names were probably just the first thing thought up by the producer.

If it's real, then that's basically a mini Attack of the Show reunion as Kevin, Olivia and Sarah were three of the main people from that show. So I guess that would be the point.

Sendou

Hmm yeah I guess this makes more sense if the names are just placeholders. Which of course makes it pretty much non-news.

Top Bottom