• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One leaking liquid? - Two cases reported so far

No idea, I'm only customer support lol, each time I've just processed a refund or escalated it.

It's just been a recurring issue for us over Christmas. Not gaming related and could be something else entirely.

Edit: It was a certain cheapo brand of laptop. I'm allowed to say that much. Not saying anything else.

Can you tell us where the liquid was? I'm assuming in the side vents rather than coming through the keyboard o_O

Residue1.jpg
Residue2.jpg

More at: http://www.spawnfirst.com/news/rumor-xbox-one-leaking-liquid-two-issues-reported/

Ass storm?
Everything is always the ass storm haha.

I haven't had any issues with my Xbox One, and it's been on for 200+ hours in play the last month, and has ALWAYS been on in Stand by. Sucks for those with issues. :(

Iacobellis

No idea, I'm only customer support lol, each time I've just processed a refund or escalated it.

It's just been a recurring issue for us over Christmas. Not gaming related and could be something else entirely.

Edit: It was a certain cheapo brand of laptop. I'm allowed to say that much. Not saying anything else.

Acer? Toshiba?

Is this an AMD problem?

thefit

I'd say it has something to do with the capacitors. There are couple rows in the mobo.

1AcOP8u.jpg

Smoking gpu/cpu would not really make any sense if it's just a cooling problem.

Oh wow it may be that. The thermal compound is tacky and it doesn't seem like there is much there but yes leaky electrolytic capacitors would look like that.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Are we sure the owners of said two cases didn't try reheating their Filet-O-Fish on the heatsink or something? Something about this screams 'abnormal running conditions.'

This is a complete non-issue. You have one person, ONE, saying he has this issue and one other "agreeing" saying his Day One edition did the same thing. The person says he takes "very good care" of his stuff and yet the Xbox One is very dusty along with everything else around it. He takes very small pictures of it so more detail could not be seen.

Looks more like he spilled something on it and now wants it replaced.

Caffeine

it happend to my friend last week too microsoft just sent him a new x1. its probably just a small occurence people are just looking for the next red ring fiasco.

Donrule01

Banned
Those caps appear to be solid caps. Possible the heat sink copper pipes cracked and the convective thermal sauce in them leaked?

Two cases out over a mil sold and clowns calling it the ass storm. CBOAT fed you all a bunch of bs about the ass storm...keep waiting...maybe next year. LOL

Donos

Dat anecdotal evidence

Yeah, i don't have empirical data but you want to tell me that people don't use the systems a lot at launch? Now, after two month and thousands hours of nonstop Xbox usage from a lot of people just two reports come up which could be the tip of an overheating iceberg? I don't think so. Just my opinion.
Also, things break (and often the user is at fault).

Rich!

Yeah, i don't have empirical data but you want to tell me that people don't use the systems a lot at launch? Now, after two month and thousands hours of nonstop Xbox usage from a lot of people just two reports come up which could be the tip of an overheating iceberg? I don't think so. Just my opinion.
Also, things break (and often the user is at fault).

Actually, the majority of cases I've dealt with have been issues where the hardware is most definitely at fault. Again, it's not anything to do with the xbone, but saying that customers create all the issues themselves is a bit much.

I'm just confirming here that electronics leaking liquids or residue, as bizarre as it seems, does happen.

Top Bottom