• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One leaking liquid? - Two cases reported so far

Withnail

Kinda funny peoples ps4s are dead on arrival, and disc drives are failing after a month of use yet no one on here talks about it. Plus it spits error codes out like no tomorrow.

Yes it's just bizarre how some people think a console seeping white liquid is more fun to talk about than an error code.

Kinda funny peoples ps4s are dead on arrival, and disc drives are failing after a month of use yet no one on here talks about it. Plus it spits error codes out like no tomorrow.
Let people have a humor thread, jeez. No one with a brain would instantly think this is some kind of catastrophic problem outside the two reported cases. The few posts that do sound like it are such overkill they're almost surely sarcastic.

If a PS4 failure was this hilarious everyone would take advantage of that for a laugh, too.

Imm0rt4l

Yea its a gaf conspiracy
Really I don't see threads made for disc drives shitting out after a month. This place is such a sony fanboy paradise that everyone try's to hide these issues and make 50 page threads about xbone issues.
Yea!!

You keep fighting the good fight brother

Biker19

Banned
Uh oh, smoke is coming from the same place that liquid is in the other pics. Definitely overheating. They are fucked if they have another RROD situation. If that is the thermal paste it means the cpu/gpu won't get proper cooling and the system will overheat and be fucked.

If they're overheating with that massive of a case and fan, somebody needs to get fired. It seems like only a couple of people are having it so far though. Hopefully it doesn't get widespread.

After consumers have spent $500 w/tax on this hardware, it better be reliable for MS's sake. They already had it bad even before E3 with the DRM/Anti-Used games scandal, & they would surely not want any more bad press.

Think the PS4 issue is related to shipping from Amazon. Seems like every bad system came through Amazon and most likely has to do with shitty shipping(UPS playing football with your package). People that purchased in stores don't seem to have an issue. Haven't heard of disc drives failing after a month other than ones on the X1...I will say that I did experience a few app crashes early on(one netflix and one warframe), but those seem to have disappeared in 1.52...

StoopKid

lmao are you kidding me?

Do you not remember that huge thread with the guy on twitch trying to fix his ps4.

Think the PS4 issue is related to shipping from Amazon. Seems like every bad system came through Amazon and most likely has to do with shitty shipping(UPS playing football with your package). People that purchased in stores don't seem to have an issue. Haven't heard of disc drives failing after a month other than ones on the X1...I will say that I did experience a few app crashes early on(one netflix and one warframe), but those seem to have disappeared in 1.52...

No idea how this myth keeps going. It isn't just amazon units that were doa.

Pain

Banned
Really I don't see threads made for disc drives shitting out after a month. This place is such a sony fanboy paradise that everyone try's to hide these issues and make 50 page threads about xbone issues.
You're right. Neogaf is a Sony forum designed to troll the competition. All of is here are Sony employees and shills. That makes perfect sense. Yup.

Nilaul

v85fD4D.png

No idea how this myth keeps going. It isn't just amazon units that were doa.

Everyone that has had an issue seems to have had theirs shipped to them after ordering online, with the majority coming from Amazon. Of course not every doa unit is going to be coming from one retailer, but the overall majority were being shipped by Amazon that were bad according to reports on Neogaf. If you look at how they packed them it's understandable they are having issues.

Everyone that has had an issue seems to have had theirs shipped to them after ordering online, with the majority coming from Amazon. Of course not every doa unit is going to be coming from one retailer, but the overall majority were being shipped by Amazon that were bad according to reports on Neogaf. If you look at how they packed them it's understandable they are having issues.

Sorry, I don't believe it had anything to do with the packing. Sony themselves have called it a manufacturing defect. I'm going to need a bit more evidence than a theory based on some posts on gaf.

The most damaging or troubling Xbox One information is always based on "rumors." :p

Yeah, but those rumors turned out to be true. Those being the fact that it is a more expensive console that is at least measurably less powerful, had a really stupid DRM system that ruined their first impression with people, and the launch would bring a lot of resolution/OS issues.

I believe you haven't seen the two legendary PS4 HDD threads on GAF especially the one where someone tried to fix their console via livestream and the Sony report addressing the problems... Likely you where too busy bitching about nothing to actually care

Edit: Also a majority of everyone here is laughing at the odd situation rather then pouting like yourself on two currently defective consoles out of millions

Edit 2: RPG full problems... Left DS4 analogue stick problems... Network traffic... the list could go on and on

Saying stuff like this is a bannable offense here from experience. Be careful.

Top Bottom