• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is 720p, PS4 version is 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This news will break my heart if true. Ghosts was one of the only games i was getting with my Xbox One to justify the purchase along with Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3. IF this is true I'll be forced to get it for Ps4 and start to wonder if I should just wait until Titanfall to get my X1. Blahhhhh this is some bullshit.

MilkBeard

Was looking forward to this thread, then got to the end of page 1 and saw it goes all the way to page 61 in only 5 hours.

I am gonna assume all the posts in the middle were just

"MS are doomed"

"PS4 will be king again"

"Does not really matter"

Nope, more like a million different gifs, spreckled with "I prefer 720p!" "No 1080P is clearly better!"

Worth treading for the gifs.

shuttaman

Banned
Some of the fanboyism is getting pretty blatant.

lmao

5I5s8.png

Just stating what Kaz said.
The next generation doesn't start until we say it does
Is he right? Or is he right? Everything begins and ends with Sony at the end of the day.
This is Microsoft's final console. If they dare to release another one after this it will be worse than the dreamcast.

If you're seriously going to ditch a console just because of a small performance difference and take glee in it, I can't see you being much of a fan / gamer. Seriously.

The posts in this thread just utterly cracking the shits over a single LAUNCH games performance is madness. As a big PS3 fan we had to deal with a lot of fucking berating assholes giving "our console" shit for years on end but in the long run? Most of the games were much the same with a small handful of exceptions.

You people, all you people should base your decisions on EXCLUSIVE games, you should base it on the OS / functionality, usability, features - not just the resolution of one particular multiplatform game.
I can't believe I of all people am defending Microsoft here but seriously ..... what the hell are you Xbox fans or simply just COD fans or something? There's more to an entire console platform than one game.

Hell, as a Sony guy, I'm gonna miss the shit out of Forza :( christ you'd think the Xbox One was complete aids reading this site sometimes :/

tumblr_ljd3p8jThC1qixleeo1_400.gif

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm looking at this in the context of overall life. When I'm old and look back on my life, I'm not really going to think about what game I got for what console. In that light, it is meaningless.
You might think otherwise if playing too many fuzzy, upscaled 720p games leads to eye problems later on!

Insert a fitting Flash gif here :p

Angelcurio

This thread moves at the speed of light, it's like it is saying to me "catch me if you can". After November 15, it would be interesting to see DF articles with the reality for both consoles.

x-Lundz-x

Oh god, could you imagine if the Wii U ran at the same res as the XBone version, or even worse, at a higher resolution :O

Everyone on this forum knows the WiiU version would not be a true "next gen" version if it ran at 1080p, it would just be an upgrade of the PS360 version. But it will still be pretty amazing to watch.

The Flash

Banned
5I5s8.png

Just stating what Kaz said.

Is he right? Or is he right? Everything begins and ends with Sony at the end of the day.
This is Microsoft's final console. If they dare to release another one after this it will be worse than the dreamcast.

and he can see into the future! the Force is strong in this one lol.

shuttaman

Banned
So if the X1 can't even run games at 1080p properly? Is it going to hold back games like FF XV or KH3? I mean the 360 held GTA4 and FF13 due to it's media storage. Is M$ going to throw a bunch of money at SE to bring back the games to the capability of their pseudo next gen console??

Banned
sigh...
This thread, is funny.
But who cares really?
Next Gen Starts in less than a month(nov 15), and it's not the xbone, since its basically not really next gen, it is but just that.
You heard Kaz.
5I5s8.png

I could really care less, but just laugh at a pseudo next gen console like the xbone.............ok i'm lying this is really funny oh my god there flagship game cant even run properly on their new console!!!
iby1h1G7MoeEIW.gif

NOV 15!!!!
We're not even hiding the fanboyism now, are we?

Foghorn Leghorn

Unconfirmed Member
Ryse = 900p ( aka 1600x900 )
Battlefield = 720p
Titanfall = can't guarantee 1080p
Killer Instinct = 720p
Assassins Creed = ??? ( is 480p acceptable? )
Call of Duty = possibly 720p
Dead Rising 3 = " variable " ( between what and what though? 900 and 720? )

Dat PS4

Battlefield 4 up in the air for PS4 but something tells me 1080p will be a go.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Xbox one looks very balanced with their resolution. It seems like PS4 is boring and not even trying with all their games stuck at 1 resolution.

boi

Neo Member
Simple question: Can someone explain to me why Xbox One games are not running 1080p resolutions despite the increased hardware performance?

-PXG-

No disrespect or nothing, Albert, but you can't come in here, say basically nothing, and exit, leaving us just as we were before you came in. It's alright if you don't know nitty gritty details. It's just a waste of time to make two long winded posts, saying that you really don't have a single as to what the fuck is going on and how it isn't your job to know in the first place. It's fine. It really is. But look at this....

Next time. Don't say anything at all. The nest is already on edge. Don't piss it off by throwing rocks at it.

He is incredibly naive if he believes the 720p resolution and performance loses are limited to just Call of Duty Ghosts. Multi-platform games will look notably worse on the Xbox One if this rumor is true.

Because CoD:G? Are all the games being developed by the same people? LOL

Next time. Don't say anything at all. The nest is already on edge. Don't piss it off by throwing rocks at it.

Are you saying something better than him? He is a member of NeoGAF and he can say what he wants.

So if the X1 can't even run games at 1080p properly? Is it going to hold back games like FF XV or KH3? I mean the 360 held GTA4 and FF13 due to it's media storage. Is M$ going to throw a bunch of money at SE to bring back the games to the capability of their pseudo next gen console??

square's not. they'll find ways to work around it. with the 360 version of XIII they compressed the CG footage. the game ran poorly at times. while ps3 got uncompressed 1080p CG and such.

If this rumor is confirmed true, I think we'll need a new Mission Impossible 2 GIF, except replacing Kaz with a Sackboy, and Mattrick with Optimus Prime.

jaypah

Simple question: Can someone explain to me why Xbox One games are not running 1080p resolutions despite the increased hardware performance?

Because it's not running the same games from last Gen. Requirements went up (effects, lighting, particles, texture resolution, etc.) and it seems the 180 is having a hard time crunching through increased effects and maintaining a higher resolution so something has to give. I'm not a developer.

Azull

So when was the last time Major nelson posted here? Like anything at all, even if it was PR nonsense. He made it seem like he really wanted to join in on some of our conversations here but I can't recall a single time he has responded/posted anything since he first joined.

Kuro

You're not going to last very long at this rate. Just stop. The fanboyism is getting out of control. Console Wars in full effect I see. I have no plans on getting a One but this is just too much.

So when was the last time Major nelson posted here? Like anything at all, even if it was PR nonsense. He made it seem like he really wanted to join in on some of our conversations here but I can't recall a single time he has responded/posted anything since he first joined.
I don't know, but if Albert can't give us straight answers there is literally no way in hell Larry can.

Vire

Dollar signs now?

C'mon...

wizzbang

Banned
He is incredibly naive if he believes the 720p resolution and performance loses are limited to just Call of Duty Ghosts. Multi-platform games will look notably worse on the Xbox One if this rumor is true.

My point, if it's not glaringly fucking obvious is that there's more to gaming than a slight performance loss. If I ditched my PS3 because the 360 runs fucking GhostBusters, MW2 and GTA4 16% faster, I'd be a total idiot.
Exclusives Exclusives Exclusives is the answer here, the online stores, the friends lists, the features (I think the apps on the Xbox One could end up being big) maybe the pricing, the controller, what your friends have - but really, EXCLUSIVES.

I tire, so so tire after idiot thread upon idiot thread whining for 1080p 60fps or bust. It'd be nice but jesus fuck me gently is it not mandatory or needed.
I'm buying a PS4 and I have _NO_ qualm if they ship me Uncharted 4 or GTA6 at 720p, 30fps - it's about the detail in the world, not some stupid arbitrary technical detail.
and of course the games, the games, the games.

Sigh, it's like a huge bunch of ex-PC gamers who demand 60fps on their desktop have invaded the console space.

I'm alive. Donnt worry about me, guys. I'm not taking this as seriously as the rest of you are. :)

I would be,concerned if any of you guys are letting this seep into your veins, this is basically an extension of news we've been hearing for months.

And it's still a,rumour, regardless of the credibility of the insiders we have here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom