• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is 720p, PS4 version is 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltron64

iWjPMYQtXVpVA.gif

UberTag

If Microsoft can't even get their tent pole "sold more Xbox 360s than any other franchise" title playable at 1080p on the Xbox One - or at least afford a big enough money hat to ensure the PS4 version looks inferior - then why should we expect ANYTHING on that system to be 1080p?

We might as well just pre-order the Xbox 360 version of TitanFall right now. Clearly it will look the same and have more people to play online with.

MMaRsu

Banned
Alber Penello:

"People DO understand that Microsoft has some of the smartest graphics programmers IN THE WORLD. We CREATED DirectX, the standard API’s that everyone programs against. So while people laude Sony for their HW skills, do you really think we don’t know how to build a system optimized for maximizing graphics for programmers? Seriously? There is no way we’re giving up a 30%+ advantage to Sony. And ANYONE who has seen both systems running could say there are great looking games on both systems. If there was really huge performance difference – it would be obvious.

I get a ton of hate for saying this – but it’s been the same EVERY generation. Sony claims more power, they did it with Cell, they did it with Emotion Engine, and they are doing it again. And, in the end, games on our system looked the same or better.

I’m not saying they haven’t built a good system – I’m merely saying that anyone who wants to die on their sword over this 30%+ power advantage are going to be fighting an uphill battle over the next 10 years… "

Do you know anything? The PS4 and Xbone have vastly similar architectures while other parts are vastly superior on the PS4.

Big difference. But hey keep believing what Albert Penello has to say lol, he's just a PR mouthpiece.

wow if xbone can't run COD at 1080p that's pretty bad news going forward for multiplats. Then again, are we expecting Panello to apologize here if this is true since he asked GAF to apologize to him if xbone was on par or more powerful than PS4?

Alber Penello:

"People DO understand that Microsoft has some of the smartest graphics programmers IN THE WORLD. We CREATED DirectX, the standard API’s that everyone programs against. So while people laude Sony for their HW skills, do you really think we don’t know how to build a system optimized for maximizing graphics for programmers? Seriously? There is no way we’re giving up a 30%+ advantage to Sony. And ANYONE who has seen both systems running could say there are great looking games on both systems. If there was really huge performance difference – it would be obvious.

I get a ton of hate for saying this – but it’s been the same EVERY generation. Sony claims more power, they did it with Cell, they did it with Emotion Engine, and they are doing it again. And, in the end, games on our system looked the same or better.

I’m not saying they haven’t built a good system – I’m merely saying that anyone who wants to die on their sword over this 30%+ power advantage are going to be fighting an uphill battle over the next 10 years… "

If he doesn't show up like in 5 minutes, it's probably true. 720p. Welp.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
You are forgetting all the Proelite posts as well:

COD running at 720p at launch is the least of Xbox One's problems at launch.

There could be a ton of bugs in the OS and in the multi-player framework that causes a really bad user experience all around. They have one month remaining so we'll see.

This is Infinity Ward we're talking about. Any decent coder would have jumped ship LONG ago instead of crunching for a COD launch title.

Given the choice between

720p COD

and

Xbox One OS that crashes / hangs once per user session. Flaky ass multi-player.

I think 720p COD is the lesser of the two evils.

Gaz_RB

This is huge if true.

Holy shit

And that footage does look bad:/ COD graphics have fell off in a major way.

belmonkey

Seems a bit too hard to believe. I feel like I should kinda believe it though because that Driveclub delay rumor turned out to be true. What suggests Ghosts will be 720p tho?

Freki

Do you know anything? The PS4 and Xbone have vastly similar architectures while other parts are vastly superior on the PS4.

Big difference. But hey keep believing what Albert Penello has to say lol, he's just a PR mouthpiece.

136149063290.jpg

Biker19

Banned
Yet most uninformed casual players in the US will get the XBone version because their friends will.

If only they knew!

Those guys who think that COD: Ghosts will be in Native 1080p on Xbox One are going to be in for a big shock.

If Microsoft can't even get their tent pole "sold more Xbox 360s than any other franchise" title playable at 1080p on the Xbox One - or at least afford a big enough money hat to ensure the PS4 version looks inferior - then why should we expect ANYTHING on that system to be 1080p?

We might as well just pre-order the Xbox 360 version of TitanFall right now. Clearly it will look the same and have more people to play online with.

What you're mentioning in bold is very illegal.

USC-fan

Banned
Shocking news...

You are telling me the more powerful hardware really means something in producing better looking games?

No shit...

Parablank

megaton

if this is true, microsoft really dropped the ball on performance and ease of development (especially when it's CoD)

I'm ready

kingofpopcorn1.gif

Wonder how that guy from Digital Foundry (forgot his name) would spin this. I mean, the game already looks like shit as it is based on what I saw in the other thread. To look this bad at 720p on top of that? Damn...

The only thing that is worrying about this new is that X1 can't even run this piece of shit looking game properly. I expected there to be some resolution differences for some games out of the gate. I expect the gap to narrow as revs get more familiar with the X1 architecture.

Still, if true that's no bueno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom