• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is 720p, PS4 version is 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
iAU8eTEUhuBZg.jpg

oh shit...

If this is true his tweet a while ago just got more hilarious:

Only a few weeks and we will know EVERYTHING about the games, it will be amazing.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'd take a better pad when playing my games over 1080p, especially an FPS.

Sucks for anyone who genuinely gets angry over this news.
You of course realize that almost every site has said Sony got it right and they actually feel the DS4 is better than the XBONE controller, right?

I don't believe this. There's just no way the Xbox One can't run Ghosts at 1080p. :/ Anyways... weren't the matches the media played way back running on Xbox One's, and wasn't the debut trailer running on the Xbox One? This has to be a recent change based on development issues, or just not true at all. :/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
also, this
This is anecdotal from E3, but...

I've heard the architecture with the ESRAM is actually a major hurdle in development because you need to manually fill and flush it.

So unless MS's APIs have improved to the point that this is essentially automatic, the bandwidth and hardware speed are probably irrelevant.

For reference, the story going around E3 went something like this:

"ATVI was doing the CoD: Ghosts port to nextgen. It took three weeks for PS4 and came out at 90 FPS unoptimized, and four months on Xbone and came out at 15 FPS."

Can someone explain this? Where did the OS makes games crash rumor come from? From insiders?
here
Given the choice between

720p COD

and

Xbox One OS that crashes / hangs once per user session. Flaky ass multi-player.

I think 720p COD is the lesser of the two evils.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i'm beginning to think that someone at microsoft sent their oblivious parents out to PC world to pick up ten million of their best bang-for-buck graphics card.

they came out with an ocean tanker full of 7770s, a his and hers set of beats by dre and a diamond tipped monster cable

It should also be noted that the xbone version of Ghosts has NOT yet been played on a dev kit or retail console. All events have featured the game running on PC targeted at xbone spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom