• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rune Factory 4 coming out next week on the European eShop?

L~A

Just saw this on NinEverything:

B36-6tVCMAAbtcv.jpg:large

Coming out on Dec. 11 for 29.99€.

The game was recently rated by PEGI, so it all makes sense (PEGI requires the final version of the game for rating). Now we just need a proper announcement from XSEED and we're all good.

Source

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cool, but 3DS backlog is too large right now... Will probably get it on sale next year.

gngf123

I'll need to wait on it, have a lot to beat already and might suddenly run out of free time next week. Will pick up eventually though, it's nice that it is finally coming.

L~A

Cool, but 3DS backlog is too large right now... Will probably get it on sale next year.

You tell me. Still got to play Fantasy Life (50h in, still got loooooads to do). SMTIV (haven't started yet), Persona Q (haven't started yet), Pokémon (started, 8h in), Smash Bros. (haven't played much), then there's AA Trilogy next week, and now this. Hopefully Q1 is a bit quiet in Europe, or I'm going to die, ha ha.

MUnited83

For you.
I guess chances of this getting a retail release are exactly zero. A shame. Rune Factory 4 and SMT IV are the games that would have made me buy a 3DS, but im not willing to go digital for them.

Meneses

Does anyone know how many gigs / blocks the game takes up?

My backlog is bigger than hell but I might grab it anyway, if I have the space in my card.

cw_sasuke

You tell me. Still got to play Fantasy Life (50h in, still got loooooads to do). SMTIV (haven't started yet), Persona Q (haven't started yet), Pokémon (started, 8h in), Smash Bros. (haven't played much), then there's AA Trilogy next week, and now this. Hopefully Q1 is a bit quiet in Europe, or I'm going to die, ha ha.
Excactly, I'm in the same spot the regular 3DS game for me right now is always like a 40 hour experience. I'm fine till 2Q 2015 tbh, from now until Monster Hunter 4U and Majoras Mask 3D I'll need a break lol.

well, it's always fun that people are upset when games like this and SMT IV apparently don't come out in their region, and when they finally do, they find any possibile excuse to not buy them. Geez,people should start putting their money where their mouth is. if not, i wouldn't be surprised if those games stop coming for good

cw_sasuke

well, it's always fun that people are upset when games like this and SMT IV apparently don't come out in their region, and when they finally do, they find any possibile excuse to not buy them. Geez,people should start putting their money where their mouth is. if not, i wouldn't be surprised if those games stop coming for good
There are both sides to this. We are getting essentially room dumps of US digital versions of the titles that had been released years ago, been on sale a bunch of times and had retail releases.

I'm happy that we are finally getting it, but being overly happy about the fact that the publishers treat EU fans like shit doesn't seem right. Not too mention the weird communication of information when it comes to these games. Always ghetto as via rating board leaks etc. It's like a competition on how to screw and put as less effort as possible into the PAL market release.

It might sounds weird, but you can be happy and pissed about these releases at the same time... Well at least I can ;-)

Reknoc

I'd argue they are doing just that, if they don't think this is good enough and won't buy it or will only get it discounted.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder why XSEED haven't announced anything officially, the only time they've spoken about this was when USK leaked it.

Day 1 even if it's digital. The price is also fair I think. Much respect to XSEED who managed to pull through against all odds, especially considering they're an US focused company.

WATWATWAT. I never thought this game would come, even though it has been rated...

Even though it is very, very bad that the game got delayed over a year, but I'm still very glad it is finally here. That the developer/publisher went down a few months before the European release has no doubt got to do something with it. I'm more willing to accept this than an SMTIV which got delayed a gabillion times without an apparent cause.

EDIT: Pegi finally got their ratings up as per Monday. Maybe XSEED was waiting for Pegi to finish their ratings?
http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=Rune+Factory

EDIT2: Can't read >.<

ZeroX03

Banned

I bought SMTIV within like ten minutes of it releasing and have stated before I don't care too much for Rune Factory. If this had launched at budget pricing like SMTIV I would've bought it just to support the effort and give the series another try. But seeing as $70 is more expensive than the $50-60 most new imported 3DS games cost on timely release, I'm not willing to pay higher than average price for the game.

So yeah, my money is where my mouth is.

I'm on the Aussie eShop right now and its $49. Decent price, I might bite at that.

Same with Ace Attorney. $40 on Aussie eShop and $60 on the New Zealand. Never mind that $40AUD is $43NZD. I'm kicking myself for letting my NNID get locked into the NZ eShop. Nintendo and Sony both love to hit NZers hard.

gngf123

You say that, but I picked up SMT4 the second I could.

This just released at a bad time for me, and seemingly some other people. It's not at an impulse buy for support price either.

AHindD

Same with Ace Attorney. $40 on Aussie eShop and $60 on the New Zealand. Never mind that $40AUD is $43NZD. I'm kicking myself for letting my NNID get locked into the NZ eShop. Nintendo and Sony both love to hit NZers hard.

Wow, THAT is some bullshit. I knew the prices were slightly more inflated for games in NZ, but this is really unacceptable. Does the NZ Xbox store have price parity with the Aussie Xbox store?

Maybe we should just annexe you and bring that sweet sweet price parity to all :)

j/k, you guys should annexe us, Australia is going straight down the gurgler.

L~A

You can't really say XSEED is treating European players like shit when a retail release was actually planned for early 2014, but plans fell apart when Neverland Co. went bankrupt and Marvelous had no programmer familiar enough with the game code to modify the files for EU release (it was actually cancelled).

They still went ahead and worked on that version (took a long time due to the original developers not being on board), but it's pretty clear that an English-only retail release so late would be rather risky (especially since retail market overall for handheld games isn't in good shape nowadays).

It all sucks a lot, there's no denying that, but a digital-only vs no release at all... well. Timing is really bad though, quite the busy period indeed : /

gngf123

Still costs 39.99$ in the states. Its a really good game, imo.

Didn't its developers (or was it its publishers) went bankrupt?

Neverland did, yes. The publisher was fine and some of the Neverland staff now work for them I believe.

You can't really say XSEED is treating European players like shit when a retail release was actually planned for early 2014, but plans fell apart when Neverland Co. went bankrupt and Marvelous had no programmer familiar enough with the game code to modify the files for EU release (it was actually cancelled).

They still went ahead and worked on that version (took a long time due to the original developers not being on board), but it's pretty clear that an English-only retail release so late would be rather risky (especially since retail market overall for handheld games isn't in good shape nowadays).

It all sucks a lot, there's no denying that, but a digital-only vs no release at all... well. Timing is really bad though, quite the busy period indeed : /

This. I get the feeling they have done what they could. Could it have been better? Most certainly. Could it have been worse? Much worse.
They probably wanted to get it on the eShop ASAP. This week, Pegi approved the rating, next week is the release... TBH, I would feel much worse if they waited another few months just so they can release in a quiet period.

Hasney

Well this was the last reason I'd want a Gateway flashcard for, so I am so fucking in. Giddy it may come out even.

TheMoon

I'm curious why they didn't hold onto it until January or February when people start going "okay, so what now?" after drowning in games during the Holiday period.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I wonder why XSEED haven't announced anything officially, the only time they've spoken about this was when USK leaked it..

They said they didn't want to talk until they had everything 100% locked down.

Knowing the way Nintendo works, they're probably just as surprised to see that date as everyone else.

I don't know if you're aware, but on Thursday Devil Survivor Overclocked will go on sale for 12 euro.

Top Bottom