• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I'd rather have no eliminated queen return this season. Cynthia coming back already fulfills our "twist" for the season.

Yeah. I hate that the show relies on the exact same beats every season. When has bringing back an eliminated queen ever amounted to anything? They almost always go home an episode later, so what's the point?

royalan

That was certainly one of the worst challenges and runways the show has ever had. Awkward, sloppy, unfunny. I appreciated getting a little sewing time in the workroom for once, but the show has been edited down to so little content that it's felt like I'm watching everything in fast-forward during the past 3-4 seasons.

I agree.

Wasn't a big fan of this challenge, but I like the diversity we've seen in the challenges so far (Season 7, NEVAR FORGET), but yeah, everything just feels rushed from segment to segment. You have 12 crazy drag queens trapped in a room and made crazier by the pressure to win. Just let the camera sit in there for a while.

I also hope we get more challenges that have...well, more to do with drag. These challenges have been fun, but so far they're all "let's take these and do some silly things with them," which I mean IS part of drag...but they're also what I could see on any number of reality competition shows.

Hopefully this gets better when we get down to fewer queens.

Shizuka

I don't disagree with what Aja said, I disagree with how she said it. Just watch Fashion Review from last week and how Raja called Valentina out for her behavior, it's definitely weird. Also, being on the bottom makes the girls really stressed, see how Charlie told Eureka to shut up last week. The only difference I'm seeing this week is how Valentina is the target and everybody loves her.

Valentina still came up as the winner of the situation, by being on the top and by not responding Aja. Still, people love to see drama, but the first thing they do is going for the kill with the girls that starts the drama. I don't think Aja is a bitch, it's still too soon to make up that argument and even if she is indeed a bitch, it's still better than Best Friend Race.

#teamAja

I think Valentina will probably win, and she probably deserves it, but i went from really liking her in episode 1 to being a lot less warm on her after these episodes and untuckeds. Especially when I found out that the "10 months" thing is complete nonsense, her first instagram post was well over 10 months before S9 filmed & in that very first post she is incredibly polished and put together with the exact same aesthetic she has now.

I just don't get why she needed to lie about it, it just comes across as disingenuous and she never bothers correcting anyone whenever they bring it up. Her talent is impressive regardless of how long she's been doing it so I don't know why she said that.

I'm waiting to see if she has a personality switch later on in the season. For some reason seeing her in the wedding dress in episode 2 made me suddenly start seeing the parallels with Tyra (who I did not like), so I'm hoping her personality doesn't head in that direction. Tyra was insufferable in her season.

Btw, I'll add #cucu to the op tomorrow :)

HowZatOZ

Banned
This is what I was talking about, the purple lighting on the runway was atrocious. Could not see the ladies outfits in any detail at all. Hopefully it isn't that bad next week but whoever does the lighting needs to be fire.

rrmGCiX.jpg

Pepiope

I think Valentina will probably win, and she probably deserves it, but i went from really liking her in episode 1 to being a lot less warm on her after these episodes and untuckeds. Especially when I found out that the "10 months" thing is complete nonsense, her first instagram post was well over 10 months before S9 filmed & in that very first post she is incredibly polished and put together with the exact same aesthetic she has now.

I just don't get why she needed to lie about it, it just comes across as disingenuous and she never bothers correcting anyone whenever they bring it up. Her talent is impressive regardless of how long she's been doing it so I don't know why she said that.

I'm waiting to see if she has a personality switch later on in the season. For some reason seeing her in the wedding dress in episode 2 made me suddenly start seeing the parallels with Tyra (who I did not like), so I'm hoping her personality doesn't head in that direction. Tyra was insufferable in her season.

Btw, I'll add #cucu to the op tomorrow :)
I assume when they say how long they've been doing drag, they mean preforming. She could be posting pictures but not actually preforming on stage.

mantidor

If I'm not mistaken she said that she's being doing drag for 10 months, but make-up she's been doing it since forever, so she always has that excuse I guess.

Shizuka

You're perfect 💯, you're beautiful 👰, you look 👀 like Linda Evangelista 💃.. You're a model 💋 💅. Everything 🔁 about you ☞ is perfect 💯! Did you stone 💎 those tights 👢? Oh, you're smiling 👱 ! They eat 🍰her up 🔝 EVERY🕛SINGLE🕧TIME🕗 she's on that damned 👹 stage 🏁. She 😡ftsdbsds😣. She could walk 👣 out there in a fucking 😠 diaper 👶 and they'll 👥 be like 🗣: "Valentina! 👰 Your smile 👄 is beautiful! 😍.

Living for that mild Aja outburst. It was a cute moment of frustration. Then she's like "sorry I'm just bitter coz I'm probably gonna lip sync" lol

You're perfect 💯, you're beautiful 👰, you look 👀 like Linda Evangelista 💃.. You're a model 💋 💅. Everything 🔁 about you ☞ is perfect 💯! Did you stone 💎 those tights 👢? Oh, you're smiling 👱 ! They eat 🍰her up 🔝 EVERY🕛SINGLE🕧TIME🕗 she's on that damned 👹 stage 🏁. She 😡ftsdbsds😣. She could walk 👣 out there in a fucking 😠 diaper 👶 and they'll 👥 be like 🗣: "Valentina! 👰 Your smile 👄 is beautiful! 😍.
slurred tantrum delivery aside, where was the lie

where

Wilsongt

Logo/VH1 need to get their shit together and get the episodes online. I am never home Friday nights to watch it live online, I don't have cable, and I am tired of watching shitty youtube uploads each episode.

Aja had a stink ass attitude about being on the bottom but I was cackling, idc 😂

She's part right and part wrong. I don't think it's fair to have all that vitrol thrown at Valentina for them being a bit biased towards her but, I mean...it's sort of true. However, nothing ain't gonna stop them from dragging her awful make up so she needs to fix that rather than worrying about what they say about Valentina. She literally has her beat right there.

I love Aja and all but girl, you better back that up with talent. Hiding behind Instagram with that filter ain't enough. The other queens are right to kinda get her out on it.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Logo/VH1 need to get their shit together and get the episodes online. I am never home Friday nights to watch it live online, I don't have cable, and I am tired of watching shitty youtube uploads each episode.
Leave your computer on and create a timer to run a screen recorder or something. :p

Or get a VHS and tape it with a video out card. 😂 😂 😂

^ but aja can lipsync the hell out of an impossibly challenging song. evidence: https://youtu.be/PeoEC43Ep8Q
i think she's still finding her footing on the show. better find it quick though

Oh shit, I totally forgot that she did this. I remember when she first posted it, a bunch of Chicago queens I'm FB friends with were talking about her and how consistently she slays performances. That's the weird thing about this show, being good at drag doesn't necessarily mean you're good at being a contestant on Drag Race. Aja is definitely going to be the lip sync sniper of this season.

Knowing how the producers tend to develop contestants throughout the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Aja gets the Pearl/Naomi role of like "young ingenue that the people are rooting for," coz Ru loves having one of those in the top.

Unrelated, but my crush on Shea Coulee grows by the week

valeu

Was anybody surprised at Nina getting all shy when asked who she would kiki with in Untucked? Some of the characters she does on youtube are so hyper-sexy, so I wasn't expecting that. I wonder who she would have said??

Shizuka

Was anybody surprised at Nina getting all shy when asked who she would kiki with in Untucked? Some of the characters she does on youtube are so hyper-sexy, so I wasn't expecting that. I wonder who she would have said??

Michelle Visage.

Maybe she's not up to kiki with any of them and just wanted to be polite xd

Have there ever been any straight queens on the show?

Wow, Aja is overhyped as fuck.

Spazzing out during a lipsync is not impressive. I mean, she has energy but where's the C.U.N.T.? I'm just not seeing uniqueness nor am I seeing charisma. I was rooting for her pre-show based just on the intro looks but a few eps in and Aja just comes off as bitter, basic, and desperate to be more interesting than she is. Plus that paint job by Crayola. Nope.

Rayis

I want Cynthia to at least make it to Snatch Game to see what she comes up with, I'm curious to see if she bombs it or not.

Is Logo seriously just showing a static screen redirecting viewers to VH1 for an entire hour?

At least just have a little ticker on the bottom or something. At least run an infomercial or something, Jesús
lol.gif

EDIT: peppermint, help

EDIT EDIT: charlie hines, help

I CANNOT

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT EDIT EDIT: these bitches need to lighten up, I don't even like Eureka and the bitch neither did, said, nor breathed anything wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom