• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rurouni Kenshin Gets New TV Anime by Liden Films (Coming in 2023)

saintjules

The Aniplex Online Fest 2022 event on Saturday revealed a trailer, the main staff, and the main cast for the new television anime project based on Nobuhiro Watsuki's Rurouni Kenshin manga. The anime will premiere in 2023 on Fuji TV's Noitamina programming block.
Hideyo Yamamoto (Strike the Blood, Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka, Cells at Work! Code Black) is directing the anime at LIDEN FILMS. Terumi Nishii is designing the characters, and Hideyuki Kurata is in charge of series composition. Yū Takami is composing the music.

Blade2.0

I'm glad it's a full remake/reboot. Hoping with how they're wording it means they'll properly adapt the entire series and move into the Hokkaido Arc sequel.
is the hokkaido arc even still going after what happened to the mangaka? i thought he was arrested. n/m, just read up on it...wow, dude got a slap on the wrist for that.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

is the hokkaido arc even still going after what happened to the mangaka? i thought he was arrested.
In Japan it stopped for a while and then resumed again some months after he was fined so it's been on-going in a monthly Jump magazine rather than weekly. It's completely dropped publication in English though.

thefool

I'm very (very) surprised they are touching Watsuki material after what happened.

Ruroken soundtrack (both the show and the ova's) was fantastic, gonna be hard to watch it without those sounds. And no Mayo Suzukase as Kenshin is going to be even weirder.

edit: Liden Films? Ugh. Gonna look like shit

Last edited:

Mistake

is the hokkaido arc even still going after what happened to the mangaka? i thought he was arrested. n/m, just read up on it...wow, dude got a slap on the wrist for that.
Damn, I had no idea about this. What an idiot. Movie deals and all kinds of stuff, but almost throws it all down the drain.

Seems we’re getting a lot of remakes/reboots these days. Vash, flcl, Urusei yatsura, etc. Hopefully they do a good enough job, because liden is very hit or miss

Top Bottom