• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rush Hour 2 is such a great movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 2 were great .
The third one, it was strange seeing Chris Tucker so jacked up. It really didn't go with the character he played

strafer

Great sequel. Love it.

My favorite part.

Master Yu: May I help you?
Detective James Carter: I'll be asking the questions old man. Who are you?
Master Yu: Yu.
Detective James Carter: No, not me. You.
Master Yu: Yes, I'm Yu.
Detective James Carter: Are you deaf?
Master Yu: No. Yu is blind.
Detective James Carter: I'm not blind. You blind.
Master Yu: That is what I just said.
Detective James Carter: You just said what?
Master Yu: I did not say what, I said Yu.
Detective James Carter: That's what I'm asking you.
Master Yu: And Yu is answering.
Detective James Carter: Shut up!
Detective James Carter: You!
Master Yu: Yes?
Detective James Carter: Not you. Him! What's your name?
Mi: Mi.
Detective James Carter: Yes, you.
Mi: I'm Mi.
Master Yu: He's Mi and I'm Yu.
Detective James Carter: And I'm about to whoop your old ass man because I am sick of playing games!

Camp Lo

Banned
Great sequel. Love it.

My favorite part.

Detective James Carter: And I'm about to whoop your old ass man because I am sick of playing games!

Isn't that from RH3?

Great sequel. Love it.

My favorite part.

Which part is this from ? Hahaha.

Friend and I recently watched the first two, it was my first time seeing any of them and I think overall 1 is a better movie, but I enjoyed 2 more because Chris Tucker was just more outright silly and that's where he shines.

Great sequel. Love it.

My favorite part.

That's from the third.

The sorta same in the second one if when he thinks Chan is dead but he meet him again on the boat

Ianan

LOVE Rush Hour 1 and 2, absolutely hate 3. 1 and 2 are hilarious, I remember sneaking into the Cinema about the age of 10 to see it.

RH 3's writing is just nowhere near the level as the previous movies, I remember cringing so hard during the fight scene at the top of the Eiffel Tower then Carter starts singing Kung Fu Fighting, I mean really?

RH 2>1>>>>>>>>>>3

Such a fun movie. It's always good for a few laughs. Who would've guessed that Tucker and Chan made a perfect pair? This franchise turned out way better then I ever imagined was possible.

Bleepey

LOVE Rush Hour 1 and 2, absolutely hate 3. 1 and 2 are hilarious, I remember sneaking into the Cinema about the age of 10 to see it.

RH 3's writing is just nowhere near the level as the previous movies, I remember cringing so hard during the fight scene at the top of the Eiffel Tower then Carter starts singing Kung Fu Fighting, I mean really?

RH 2>1>>>>>>>>>>3

The problems with RH3 were

1) The wait. You could have made 4 Rush hour movies in the time taken for Chris Tucker to ask for an extra $10 mill or so. A part of me wanted to slap Chris Tucker and tell him you could have made $100 million in the time taken for him to hold out for such relatively tiny amounts

2) It had so much potential. They wanted Van Damme but he wanted to be taken seriously as an acTOr and for every JCVD there were a fucktonne of D2DVD shite.

3)It needed a tighter script the comedy, action and fan service was on point but the story could have been better. It's a good movie but bad relative to the prequels.

BTW where is Shanghai Dawn? Noon and Knights were spot on. Jackie is probably most consistent when it comes to sequels, Legend of Drunken master, Police Story 2, Rush hour 2, Shanghai Knights and Project A part 2 is a grower.

^another problem with 3 is the balance between comedy and action is all over the place. 1 and 2 had just the right amount of each imo, I still enjoyed 3 though. Wish they would've kept the ending with Isabella and Jeanviev(?) in.

good movie but it'll never top the first for me.

Hindle

Banned
RH 2 is my most watched move of all time. I've proabily seen it well over a 100 times. I've love for them to do more, I never understood why Chris Tucker basically retired from movies after filming RH 2.

Bleepey

RH 2 is my most watched move of all time. I've proabily seen it well over a 100 times. I've love for them to do more, I never understood why Chris Tucker basically retired from movies after filming RH 2.

I think he was retired. Why would you wanna invest in a franchise with Chris Tucker if let's say you have a potential movie franchise, would you want the guy who will hold the franchise to ransom by asking for an extortionate amount of money?

Do I see people putting RH2 over Friday?

Do I see people putting RH2 over all of Chan's great Chinese movies?

nope.gif

It's a good movie, but naw.

Particularly in the fifth element, Chris Tucker always struck a cord with me. His high pitched voice, while annoying is just incredible hilarious. he takes drama queen to untold levels.

DrSlek

Do I see people putting RH2 over Friday?

Do I see people putting RH2 over all of Chan's great Chinese movies?

nope.gif

It's a good movie, but naw.

RH2 was made to feel like it came from Hong Kong. The specific lighting, camera angles and filters used all work towards that goal and it works very well for the movie. It's pretty much an homage to those great Chinese films.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Ain't got shit on RH2.

Some people just wish to remain unenlightened.

As much as I enjoy Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2 (the Chan-Tucker chemistry is great), I just can't see an argument being made for any of Chan's Hollywood output to be his #1; within his top 10 though, maybe.

Darryl

Banned
Particularly in the fifth element, Chris Tucker always struck a cord with me. His high pitched voice, while annoying is just incredible hilarious. he takes drama queen to untold levels.

Yea he's got a really funny mix of characteristics. It is too bad he hasn't done more films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom