• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russel Crowe, Ken Watanabe Rumored for Amazon’s LOTR Series

BaneIsPain

Looks a little fan casting

recap bachelorette GIF

finowns

I’m going to roll my eyes if they racialize middle earth. Everyone lives in clans and tribes at this point. Jesus take the wheel.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I don't believe it. This series takes place in the second age. Alatar and Pallando did not come to Middle-earth until Third Age 1000. So at least 1500 years after this show. That said... this is Theonering.net. They're been the premier source for this shit for 20 years.

Last edited:

finowns

I don't believe it. This series takes place in the second age. Alatar and Pallando did not come to Middle-earth until Third Age 1000. So at least 1500 years after this show. That said... this is Theonering.net. They're been the premier source for this shit for 20 years.
Are those the blue wizards? Did Tolkien give them names?

Ixion

Tolkien gave contradicting info on that. In the "Unfinished Tales" he says they came over at the time you mentioned, Third Age 1000. But in "The Peoples of Middle-Earth" he says they came over in Second Age 1600. So I guess that's what the show will be using.

Are those the blue wizards? Did Tolkien give them names?

Yeah, they're the two blue wizards who went to the far east with Saruman and didn't return with him. Tolkien said their mission was to quell Sauron's forces in the east, but they failed and didn't remain faithful. Instead they likely created "secret cults" there. So yeah, a really cool, but vague description. A gold mine for a good writer to expand upon, which hopefully the Amazon writers are....

Last edited:
Top Bottom