• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUSSIA 2055 - futuristic military First Person Shooter game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Russia 2055 Is a futuristic military First Person Shooter game. With a Multiplayer of up to 64 Players. Currently in production.

Jmt3p6.gif

https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/work-in-progress/1533676-game-russia-2055

The Strifer

Neo Member
I can't be the only one who thought of Metal Gear in the first couple of scenes, even the music is a little similar. Then it kinda turned into a Front Mission Evolved kinda deal lol, looks interesting at the very least though! Interested to see where this goes.

All the footage is in Engine btw (UE4), for some reason they never rebuilt the in-engine lighting and they left the "error" on the top left of the screen near the end.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Impressive for a one man team, but doesnt click with me that other gray looking games had. Also, way too much post-processing but this was fixed according to the dev.

Shifty

It looks neat and surprisingly well-executed for a one-man affair, but I'm seeing some jank underneath the layers of polish. Those animations are very source filmmaker.

highrider

Banned
Looks interesting, although something about futuristic shooters, I like them more than any modern warfare type game but I need a good campaign to flesh out the world/enemies and story. If it is more multiplayer focused with no campaign or a tacked on campaign it would be kind of an empty multiplayer experience for me.

metalshade

Great concept/design, but it looks like a VR title based on the trailer...
While I would love for that to be true, I feel like they would have mentioned that specifically if that were the case.
Also, that trailer most certainly does not look VR at all, there is too much sway in the movement with moments of locked perspective, which add up to a fast ticket to chunk-town for many VR players.
All that said, even if it is a flatties only release, it still looks interesting, will be watching this closely.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
He has the models down but I'm curious how it's going to be. A train wreck with just a bunch of soldiers and mechs and other assets thrown in a "level" with super barebones "gameplay" or an actual game?!

I hope for the latter but he's not shown enough to be sure just yet :p

EDMIX

Nice looks good. Would have to really feel how it plays to see if I'd like it. Many things can look good yet play like crap lol

Salvatron

so the 'trailer' if you can call it that seemed interesting at first.. but as soon as that final title card with "RUSSIA 2055" came up, i felt red flags popping up in my head. To go with a default typeface makes me question the validity of everything shown in these clips. I feel like this whole thing might be some elaborate ruse. For what, no idea.

Kagero

Why wouldn't it?
Devs are going to want to push 4k. Games will look similar to how they look now, only the pixels will be more dense. There will be graphical improvements but I don't think we will see graphics that match this. The only way it does is if they lock it at 1080p and throw crazy amounts of post processing in to it. That's how i feel. I would love to be wrong.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Devs are going to want to push 4k. Games will look similar to how they look now, only the pixels will be more dense. There will be graphical improvements but I don't think we will see graphics that match this. The only way it does is if they lock it at 1080p and throw crazy amounts of post processing in to it. That's how i feel. I would love to be wrong.

If those next-gen machines are minimum of 10 to 12 teraflops with super high memory bandwidth, I think they're going to surprise us, just like the PS4 did with its 1.84TF with the fidelity at 1080p which nobody expected early on. I guess time will tell. I hope you're wrong too, lol.

If this is really somehow tied to Death Stranding, then it looks more fun than all the walking simulator trailers Kojima has shown for the game so far.

Ribi

games looks really cool graphically but idk about some of the other stuff something seems empty

@35 seconds, rifle stock is clipping into the face hardcore. Small touch ups to deal with things like that make trailers look better and more appealing. Letting something like that fly denotes laziness.

TechS3ek

Neo Member
Remind me of KZ2, i wish Killzone would have kept it's art style, and proved why KZ2 was such a masterpiece at it's time.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
@35 seconds, rifle stock is clipping into the face hardcore. Small touch ups to deal with things like that make trailers look better and more appealing. Letting something like that fly denotes laziness.
As if the shaky cam direction didn't already? Looks like someone trying to emulate Paul Greengrass using mouse controls.

Top Bottom