• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

He fucked up badly and now he’s choosing the dumbest option to attempt to save himself or at least make time.

Since it’s obvious he’s being pressured by the ultranationalists, my bet is he’d rather bury them in enough corpses that people who matter start to hate them and that point he’ll be able to offer them tea without repercussions. This my speculation.

He has no way out, even if he withdraws he cant show his botox face anywhere without the threat of being murdered.

His life as he knew it before the war, where other state leaders still pretended to be frie dly towards the cunt, is over, and will never return now. Even if he fully surrenders on Ukraines terms, Putler is done. He wont ever be welcome in the western world again unless it's in the Hague.

He'll never surrender and stop. I believe our only way out of this shit is him being killed or a full on revolt in Ruzzia.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
In other news, the moscow stock index has fallen 50% since it's high in november last year.

I don't know if anyone cares tho, but thems the news.

Last edited:

Gp1

FdKy4FdWQAAsUVt

MrA

Banned
Why are so many people still willing to believe what Putin says? Have any of you been watching this fucking war? Mobilisation won’t do shit other than get thousands more badly armed Russians killed. He’s not using nuclear weapons. He’s weak, beaten, scared, stupid, and pathetic. All the headless chicken stuff people starting doing when he speaks is exactly what he wants.
The big concern to me is sheer numbers, the oligarchy and military will have no issue sending millions to die, and putin might try for victory just be through meat at the grinder till it wears, itd a pyrrhic victory as holding the territory would be impossible, especially with the massive losses. But since everything Russia has , seems far worse than expected, the Ukrainians should be able to minimize their direct conflict and just pummel the Russian forces at long rang ,
Still worried about the spetznaz though outside of some subterfuge and the assassination plot we haven't heard much from them. They are dangerous and shouldn't be taken lightly

What the fuck is Putler trying to do?
Asked that since the start, he had what he wanted, but instead decided to go from cool calculating untouchable super villian to trashing barbarian savage, could be declining mental health has resulted in poor judgment or maybe he really believed his own hype and thought he could conquer anything he wanted

winjer

Gold Member
People in the streets of St. Petersburg, chanting "Putin in the trenches"

It's good to see the Russian people finally standing up against Putin, but for months these cowards did nothing, because it didn't affect them.
Only now, after conscription, do they get some courage to protest against Putin's war.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The big concern to me is sheer numbers, the oligarchy and military will have no issue sending millions to die, and putin might try for victory just be through meat at the grinder till it wears, itd a pyrrhic victory as holding the territory would be impossible, especially with the massive losses. But since everything Russia has , seems far worse than expected, the Ukrainians should be able to minimize their direct conflict and just pummel the Russian forces at long rang ,
Still worried about the spetznaz though outside of some subterfuge and the assassination plot we haven't heard much from them. They are dangerous and shouldn't be taken lightly

I’d say the idea of Putin throwing many more poorly armed soldiers at the war will be just what the west wants.

Every day that goes by, he becomes weaker, and NATO stronger. He is spending, spending, spending, while the Russian stock market crashes, sanctions bite, and the brain drain accelerates.

The last thing NATO wants is for Putin to back down now. He’s caught himself in a Chinese finger trap and everybody knows it - including Winnie The Pooh, hence the bland non-support he’s providing Putin with.

Ukraine is going to kill Russia.

tommolb

I'd like to think that the US are behind the scenes sending a very clear warning to Putin - drop a nuke, you get full WW3 with NATO. All this vague "consequences" crap ain't gonna deter this lunatic. Dropping a nuke in Europe, with the inevitable radiation cloud spreading across other countries should be seen as an act of war.

I'd also like to think this sabre rattling by Putin will result in all Western countries announcing even more and bigger shipments of arms and weapons to Ukraine.

Ukraine have a couple of months to make more gains, then winter sets in and stalemated descends. The spring campaign will show the course of the war and determine how this ultimately ends.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'd like to think that the US are behind the scenes sending a very clear warning to Putin - drop a nuke, you get full WW3 with NATO. All this vague "consequences" crap ain't gonna deter this lunatic. Dropping a nuke in Europe, with the inevitable radiation cloud spreading across other countries should be seen as an act of war.

That’s exactly what they’ve told him. Hence why all his previous threats came to nothing. Back channels are a thing for a reason.

Vladimir Putin cares about Vladimir Putin more than anything else. He’s dead if he tries to go nuclear. He knows it.

It's good to see the Russian people finally standing up against Putin, but for months these cowards did nothing, because it didn't affect them.
Only now, after conscription, do they get some courage to protest against Putin's war.

I am happy, but also only after they were "forced" they are trying to go against Putler. They will need to push further, even maybe create a resistance there for this to work.

E-Cat

There were protests back in February.

They, too, only lasted a day.

Ironbunny

Israel reportedly permitting anti-UAV system transfer to Ukraine

Just about the time Iranian drones supplied to Russia began appearing in the skies over Ukraine last week, press reports surfaced purporting a company in Israel is moving to step around the nation’s formal refusal to take sides in the conflict by ushering anti-UAV defense systems to Kyiv using Poland as an intermediary.

In July, Israel began directly funding civil organizations in Ukraine working to deal with effects of the war. Should the reports be accurate of the government being complicit in – even in a passive manner – Israeli anti-UAV systems being transferred to Ukraine, the development could pave the way for wider support of Kyiv’s defensive efforts....

https://dronedj.com/2022/09/19/israel-reportedly-permitting-anti-uav-system-transfer-to-ukraine/

winjer

Gold Member
There were protests back in February.

They, too, only lasted a day.

But with a few differences.
The people that were against war were a small minority. The protests from today are much bigger.
Those who are protesting now, are doing it because they don't want to be sent to war and die. So they have a much bigger reason.

E-Cat

But with a few differences.
The people that were against war were a small minority. The protests from today are much bigger.
Those who are protesting now, are doing it because they don't want to be sent to war and die. So they have a much bigger reason.
1,000 detained so far doesn't sound much bigger to me, it's of the same order of magnitude as the Feb protests. The protesters are apparently being given draft orders. Since their motivation is out of self-interest and not concern for the holocaust of the Ukrainian people, the protests will probably die down soon.

Tams

Israel reportedly permitting anti-UAV system transfer to Ukraine

Just about the time Iranian drones supplied to Russia began appearing in the skies over Ukraine last week, press reports surfaced purporting a company in Israel is moving to step around the nation’s formal refusal to take sides in the conflict by ushering anti-UAV defense systems to Kyiv using Poland as an intermediary.

In July, Israel began directly funding civil organizations in Ukraine working to deal with effects of the war. Should the reports be accurate of the government being complicit in – even in a passive manner – Israeli anti-UAV systems being transferred to Ukraine, the development could pave the way for wider support of Kyiv’s defensive efforts....

https://dronedj.com/2022/09/19/israel-reportedly-permitting-anti-uav-system-transfer-to-ukraine/
Great for Ukraine, and that's all that matters.

But it is clear that now that Iran are involved, of course Israel want in. They're going to get lots of juicy telemetry from the Ukrainians.

Nikodemos

The utter shantytown of Russia's Airforce:

Look up 55°34'15.2"N 38°08'45.7"E on Google Maps, and check out the plane in the lower right, closest to the hangars.

Reactions: Gp1

Gp1

The utter shantytown of Russia's Airforce:

Look up 55°34'15.2"N 38°08'45.7"E on Google Maps, and check out the plane in the lower right, closest to the hangars.

There is a bunch of cool designs there. A Mig 1.44, a Concordiski, etc.

winjer

Gold Member
1,000 detained so far doesn't sound much bigger to me, it's of the same order of magnitude as the Feb protests. The protesters are apparently being given draft orders. Since their motivation is out of self-interest and not concern for the holocaust of the Ukrainian people, the protests will probably die down soon.

No. When the war started, there were no protest this big.

Now the Russians have to decided whether to act like cowards, as they did in the last months. Or to finally face Putin and demand peace.
It's surprising how Iranian women have more courage and integrity, than Russian man, when facing up to a ruthless dictatorship.

Last edited:
i'm an idiot but what does it mean by mobilization? i see that there is conscription. is that what it means? or is Putin sending in more trained army and conscriptions? i am confused.

and i see he is throwing about the nuclear threat again. i'm worried that if Ukraine do keep kicking his ass that he will be backed into a corner and use them. i don't see him backing down. he'll either be killed or captured. hopefully he can be captured but if he thinks he is about to die then he might fire a nuke.

if he does use them before then is it likely one will be fired as a warning shot instead of inside ukraine? i read some shit that he might fire one into the north sea between UK and denmark.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member

Last edited:
Top Bottom