• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

So?

Time to find another thread to shit up, ok.

Nah no thanks. I'll just stay here lurking tyvm. I'll make sure to chime every once and a while though, just to watch all the slava ukraini NPCs cry and seethe.

Looks like Ukraine has quite a few [insert ethnic slur further reinforce point here] to clean up :(

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
And a reminder.

191.jpg

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

(I'm sorry I had to)

Last edited:

"What's your super power?" "I'm Ukrainian!"... good in the trench video.

I've seen some alleged videos of retreating from shelters in Bakhamut. Hard to confirm it, but pressure is growing on that region. I suspect it will trade lines for awhile.

In the end it's not much ground for Russia considering all their losses for this region. Hope Ukrainians hold - need to get up their gear to help more during this trench battle.

My only concern is that Russia has gained the high ground in this region and Ukraine is apparently struggling with Logistics due to the infrstructure attacks. Also Russia is planning another major infrastructure blitz in the next few days just as Ukraine is starting to get their power grid back online. They've been flying practice sorties with their fighters and their naval fleet has been reloaded with cruise missiles.

Also there's rumors of them ammassing a large army near the border of Kharkiv for another attack to try and cutoff the troops in Svatove.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
My only concern is that Russia has gained the high ground in this region and Ukraine is apparently struggling with Logistics. Also Russia is planning another major infrastructure attack in the next few days just as Ukraine is starting to get their power grid back online. They've been flying practice sorties with their fighters and their naval fleet has been reloaded with cruise missiles.

Also there's rumors of them ammassing a large army near the border of Kharkiv for another attack to try and cutoff the troops in Svatove.

It's probably true... But they can't really break through in the same ways that Ukraine can. While Ukraine may struggle supplying it's furthest out lines, there's a literal nation of supplies behind it at this point. And Ukraine only has to hold out for a few months - and it's easier to hold than push - so feels like all gains are at risk with whatever Russia does in this weather (and Bhakmut isn't that vital of a position). Feels like a pyrrhic victory if it comes.

Tams

Nah no thanks. I'll just stay here lurking tyvm. I'll make sure to chime every once and a while though, just to watch all the slava ukraini NPCs cry and seethe.

Looks like Ukraine has quite a few [insert ethnic slur further reinforce point here] to clean up :(

You accuse others of grotesque voyeurism, which is a fair criticism.

But then you use language around that mocks and denigrates people who are defending their people and land from invasion, and don't do so for the invaders.

Then to top it off, you fall right off your high horse and post your own grotesque voyeurism. And to what end? We know Ukraine troops are getting injured and killed too.

You lack morality and should just leave.

You accuse others of grotesque voyeurism, which is a fair criticism.

But then you use language around that mocks and denigrates people who are defending their people and land from invasion, and don't do so for the invaders.

Then to top it off, you fall right off your high horse and post your own grotesque voyeurism. And to what end? We know Ukraine troops are getting injured and killed too.

You lack morality and should just leave.

I have not used language that mocks and denigrates people for defending their homeland at all though

In fact, I specifically self-censored from calling Ukrainians slurs in my post which was obviously meant to mock akimbo's grotesque voyeurism (a point which obviously wasn't lost on you)

Orc self censoring itself, your mother must be proud

I'll admit my own mother isn't as proud of me as yours seems to be.

Also I'm not a Russian, I'm from the US lmao. See this is exactly the type of poor critical thinking skills and brain rot I was talking about though. Dullards who think that everyone that doesn't toe the line must be Kremlin Bot

Tams

Also I'm not a Russian, I'm from the US lmao. See this is exactly the type of poor critical thinking skills and brain rot I was talking about though. Dullards who think that everyone that doesn't toe the line must be Kremlin Bot.
Other than the voyeurism, which we have covered, lay out your points then.

If we can successfully dispute them, or perhaps agree, then we will have demonstrated critical thinking. But if you're going to just list baseless assumptions, rumours, or worst - conspiracies, then fuck off.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Also I'm not a Russian, I'm from the US lmao. See this is exactly the type of poor critical thinking skills and brain rot I was talking about though. Dullards who think that everyone that doesn't toe the line must be Kremlin Bot

He's been banned for some other bullshit, but important to point out that people like this always fall to pieces when confronted with a scenario that is plainly black and white. The whataboutism they fall into, because they know they can't just come out with actual support for the Russians, is made utterly transparent by the situation unfolding in front of us. You can't gaslight a war.

Tams

This guy struck in some ways as very naïve and to think a bit highly of himself (humble bragging), but well meaning. Definitely something a bit odd to him. Glad he's still alive though, and no matter what he did do, he's been on the right side.

I'm not sure how much to take of what he says as fact, but it is an interesting tale and the major points do add up.

Artoris

Gold Member
This guy struck in some ways as very naïve and to think a bit highly of himself (humble bragging), but well meaning. Definitely something a bit odd to him. Glad he's still alive though, and no matter what he did do, he's been on the right side.

I'm not sure how much to take of what he says as fact, but it is an interesting tale and the major points do add up.

The real killer since the Napoleonic wars has been artillery

Ozriel

M$FT
I can read the room until my face I'm blue in the face. I'd still reach the same conclusions about the braindead nationalist rhetoric. I don't give a shit about anyone feeling sympathy for Russians, notice how I've said nothing about the people who are simply happy about Ukraine's military success and Russia's failures/losses.

I stand by my point though, which is that you look like a bloodthirsty idiot and dumbass bigot whenever you call all Russians "orcs", literally no different than Russians who call all Ukrainians "holol" and "nazis" and no different than the Americans who used to call Vietnamese "g**ks" and Arabs savages and [insert ethnic slurs here]. Personally I don't care if anyone gets upset having that pointed out to them.

Nobody is calling all Russians orcs. Stop lying. People are calling Russian soldiers that. They are armed invaders, deliberately destroying a sovereign country and killing innocents. ‘Orc’ is a remarkably mild term to call these armed invaders.

murmulis

But It was fine when Iranians were supplying missiles and sending instructors over to Crimea, eh?

After being rendered a complete nonentity by Putin, this puppet is reduced to spewing increasingly unhinged threats.
Someone should tell him that the good cop and the bad cop should be played by different people.

TwinB242

Support for the war in Russia continues to plummet. A leaked poll only visible to Kremlin officials shows that only 1 in 4 Russians want the war to continue

And this is before the rumored 2nd wave of mobilization, which apparently might happen in January/February. Putin just continues to dig himself into a deeper and deeper hole.....

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
But fuck India of they do. Already in the dog house.

If Modi insists on playing both sides like a bitch, then that should be an invitation for sanctions upon India.

Those bastards were already emboldened when Congress decided not to punish India for the importation of S400 missile systems back then.

Last edited:

mxbison

Support for the war in Russia continues to plummet. A leaked poll only visible to Kremlin officials shows that only 1 in 4 Russians want the war to continue

And this is before the rumored 2nd wave of mobilization, which apparently might happen in January/February. Putin just continues to dig himself into a deeper and deeper hole.....

*now that Russia is obviously failing.

That should always be added to these news. Plenty of support when everyone still thought Russia would steam roll Ukraine.

RAÏSanÏa

The people of the West have already signalled they're willing to look the other way to China taking Eastern Russia. If India supports Russia...well...India? Don't know her.

Last edited:

Nikodemos

The people of the West have already signalled they're willing to look the other way to China taking Eastern Russia. If India supports Russia...well...India? Don't know her.
It's genuinely stupid how much Modi and his party are willing to stan for a useless cunt like Poots. I know Hindu Nationalism (the doctrine of Modi's party) is very similar in general outlook to whatever shit Poots is peddling, but he's proven himself to be a thoroughly unreliable partner. And I don't mean him invading Ukraine, Modi doesn't give a shit about it (that much is clear); I'm talking about straight-up comandeering Indian tanks, built in India, that were sent to Russia for upgrades, and using them for the Russian war effort.

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
It's genuinely stupid how much Modi and his party are willing to stan for a useless cunt like Poots. I know Hindu Nationalism (the doctrine of Modi's party) is very similar in general outlook to whatever shit Poots is peddling, but he's proven himself to be a thoroughly unreliable partner. And I don't mean him invading Ukraine, Modi doesn't give a shit about it (that much is clear); I'm talking about straight-up comandeering Indian tanks, built in India, that were sent to Russia for upgrades, and using them for the Russian war effort.

When it comes to playing both sides of the fence, India is right up there with the French.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Nobody is calling all Russians orcs. Stop lying. People are calling Russian soldiers that. They are armed invaders, deliberately destroying a sovereign country and killing innocents. ‘Orc’ is a remarkably mild term to call these armed invaders.
yeah the soldiers are Orcs, the Russian people on the other hand are simply braindead fucking zombie cunts.. its real easy

Top Bottom