• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Russian soldiers eat all zoo animals during occupation of Yampol in Donetsk region​

en.socportal.info/en/new...

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Hope they got some weird and lethal disease for doing that

Nuking Vienna was part of the 'Seven Days To The Rhine' Warsaw Pact invasion plan as a warning to non-NATO countries to not get involved. It fits in the general Russian mindset that all of Europe are weaklings who will submit once hit hard enough. A center of history and culture is supposed to serve as an example.

In Denmark, the first nuclear targets were Roskilde and Esbjerg. Roskilde, while having no military significance, is the second-largest city on Zealand and located close to the Danish capital Copenhagen (the distance from central Copenhagen to Roskilde is only 35 km or 22 mi). It would also be targeted for its cultural and historical significance to break the morale of the Danish population and army.

Tams

Gold Member
Nuking Vienna was part of the 'Seven Days To The Rhine' Warsaw Pact invasion plan as a warning to non-NATO countries to not get involved. It fits in the general Russian mindset that all of Europe are weaklings who will submit once hit hard enough. A center of history and culture is supposed to serve as an example.

That just shows how moronic their thinking was and is.

"Let's destroy your culture and make it clear we may even try and remove you from existence" is a sure-fire way to get a people to fight you as hard as they can.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Reuters report that the Ukrainian embassy in Spain is now closed after six letter-bombs have been sent to Ukraine's and US's embassies, the PM's office, department of defense, a Spanish military base and a weapons manufacturer.

The orc terrorist tactics are expanding in Europe. Well, fuck ruZZia.

Last edited:

TwinB242

Russia really is desperate. They're now creating a false narrative about how Ukraine is going to invade Russian territory. They really want to trick Russians into thinking the motherland is in danger so they can justify the inevitable 2nd wave of mobilization.

Tams

Gold Member
They tried to conscript Alexander Litvinenko's son, lol.

Macron just can't stop saying stupid shit

He's such a fucking wet blanket. Here's a security guarantee for Putin: Don't invade your neighbours and they won't feel the need to collectively act against you.

TheGrat1

Macron just can't stop saying stupid shit

Someone get Macron a map. Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and Poland already border Russia. And would you look at that, it happened with no "security guarantees." Finland is joining and yup, you guessed it, they border Russia. NATO is already at Russia's door, has been for nearly 2 decades and somehow someway the invasion has never come. No war waged no attacks launched. In fact, the only conflicts Russia has gotten into are with it's neighbors like Georgia and Ukraine as well as in it's own borders with Chechnya. It is almost as if the countries near Russia want to get into NATO so they can avoid the same bullshit South Ossetia Georgia went through and what Ukraine is going through right now.

This cry for "security guarantees" as NATO "encroaches east" is the classic Putin "boy who cried wolf routine" negotiation tactic he employs to try and get something for nothing. The "West" owes him nothing, has no real incentive to give him anything and he knows that. This tactic will only work if soft-headed and soft-hearted fools like Macron hold major office in the "West" and apparently Emmanuel can not see that.

I think I understand international relations better than Macron, can I be France's president please? I will settle for minister of tourism inspection.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Someone get Macron a map. Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and Poland already border Russia. And would you look at that, it happened with no "security guarantees." Finland is joining and yup, you guessed it, they border Russia. NATO is already at Russia's door, has been for nearly 2 decades and somehow someway the invasion has never come. No war waged no attacks launched. In fact, the only conflicts Russia has gotten into are with it's neighbors like Georgia and Ukraine as well as in it's own borders with Chechnya. It is almost as if the countries near Russia was to get into NATO so they can avoid the same bullshit South Ossetia Georgia went through and what Ukraine is going through right now.

This cry for "security guarantees" as NATO "encroaches east" is the classic Putin "boy who cried wolf routine" negotiation tactic he employs to try and get something for nothing. The "West" owes him nothing, has no real incentive to give him anything and he knows that. This tactic will only work if soft-headed and soft-hearted fools like Macron hold major office in the "West" and apparently Emmanuel can not see that.

I think I understand international relations better than Macron, can I be France's president please? I will settle for minister of tourism inspection.

Yep.

Putin knows well NATO does not represent a threat of invasion, his problem is that NATO country means a country he cannot bully.

Macron is a babblering idiot.

Last edited:

MikeM

Someone get Macron a map. Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and Poland already border Russia. And would you look at that, it happened with no "security guarantees." Finland is joining and yup, you guessed it, they border Russia. NATO is already at Russia's door, has been for nearly 2 decades and somehow someway the invasion has never come. No war waged no attacks launched. In fact, the only conflicts Russia has gotten into are with it's neighbors like Georgia and Ukraine as well as in it's own borders with Chechnya. It is almost as if the countries near Russia was to get into NATO so they can avoid the same bullshit South Ossetia Georgia went through and what Ukraine is going through right now.

Russia gave Ukraine security guarantees. We all know how that went.
Yep.

Putin knows well NATO does not represent a threat of invasion, his problem is that NATO country means a country he cannot bully.

Macron is a babblering idiot.
This 100%. Takes away Russia’s ability to bully its smaller neighbours. A good thing for the world.

Top Bottom