• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

FeralEcho

Painting an entire country with one convenient, lazy brush is grossly unfair.

There were Russians condemning this war from day one. Many of them have friends and family in Ukraine and don't want to be sent over there to kill people on their own land, but are being made to. Have a fucking heart.
You hear that...what is that in the distance....could that be?! Oh it's the world's smallest violin playing for all the poor russian people being sent into a needless war to die a needless death for a meaningless egocentric maniac that they left in power for over 20 years and didnt do shit about it.Sure not all Russian are to blame for this but it seems that Russia must pat the consequences as a people for the sins of the ones they so willingly ignored for a year so I'm sorry but my sympathy is geared towards the entire nation that's victim to the barbarism of an invading nation not the innocent few of said nation.

Painting an entire country with one convenient, lazy brush is grossly unfair.

There were Russians condemning this war from day one. Many of them have friends and family in Ukraine and don't want to be sent over there to kill people on their own land, but are being made to. Have a fucking heart.

They had 20 years to leave the country while Putin was in power. 14 years when Georgia and Chechnya was invaded and innocent people were killed and tortured to leave the country. 8 years when they annexed Crimea to leave the country. And now 7 months while their soldiers bombed hospitals, schools, parks, raped woman, tortured innocent people to leave.

But now that they have to go fight the war they themselves did nothing to stop they expect the same country they destroyed to just open their houses to them all the while continuing to say that they have a great country.

Sorry if I don’t feel bad for them but I don’t. Actually I’m not even sorry about it.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
They had 20 years to leave the country while Putin was in power. 14 years when Georgia and Chechnya was invaded and innocent people were killed and tortured to leave the country. 8 years when they annexed Crimea to leave the country. And now 7 months while their soldiers bombed hospitals, schools, parks, raped woman, tortured innocent people to leave.

But now that they have to go fight the war they themselves did nothing to stop they expect the same country they destroyed to just open their houses to them all the while continuing to say that they have a great country.

Sorry if I don’t feel bad for them but I don’t. Actually I’m not even sorry about it.

Pretty much spitting facts here. Other than appeal to my humanity I see no reason to sympathize for them.

Someone, please, find me a reason. I'll wear a tag, but give me a reason why anyone from Russia deserves my sympathy at this point despite decades/years of opportunity to flee.

akimbo009

Gold Member
NSFW, life, etc. I have avoided posting these, and asked others to refrain as well, under the intent to keep our sanity cause we all agree Russia are fuckers. And you don't need to post shit like that unless you are looking to be convinced in ways reason cannot. Well... Since we seem to be getting folks who are desensitization to the news or just generally are too intellectual for their own good..

Be careful. There are more.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
NSFW, life, etc. I have avoided posting these, and asked others to refrain as well, under the intent to keep our sanity cause we all agree Russia are fuckers. And you don't need to post shit like that unless you are looking to be convinced in ways reason cannot. Well... Since we seem to be getting folks who are desensitization to the news or just generally are too intellectual for their own good..

Be careful. There are more.

Fucking scum...

DJ12

Europe already made the decision to cut Russia off their energy suppliers. Russia's decision to shut down the pipeline is irrelevant in this situation and framing it as a Russian decision is an information goal by the Russians.

Don't spread their propaganda.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=Russia+turns+off+nord+stream&page=1

Didn't know the bbc were spreaders of Russia propaganda.

Europe had plans for life without Russian gas, but it was still getting copious amounts of it before Russia turned it off.

And let's be clear not everyone who doesn't drink your coolaid is spreading Russian propaganda. Facts are facts.

Drunk Russian conscript waking up the next day in Ukraine:

IMG-20220926-082646.jpg

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yeah, I think this thread is becoming a bit too extreme for me.

I think it's important to remember the context under which comments like that are made.

We are seeing the most hideous, largest scale war atrocities committed on civilians since the second world war, by a Russian army that seems to revel in these kinds of actions, pushed by a political and social system that seems just as content with this level of hate. Russia is clearly a broken, decaying, poisonous country.

No one seriously wishes to see every Russian dead - but it shouldn't be too hard to understand the hyperbole, given what we're witnessing.

Not every comment celebrating the death of these bastards necessarily needs a counter comment for 'balance'. Nobody is genuinely advocating that all Russians die. But we do advocate for all Russians in Ukraine to either die or leave.

Maybe "Abramovich", knows he will have an accident soon, and decided to commit suicide? (This is his last fuck you to Putler)
Probably too big to fall like that.

But he might go through a humiliation of sorts, his things in Russia are Putin's if Putin wants them.

Everything he has can be seized in a wartime scenario.

No one seriously wishes to see every Russian dead - but it shouldn't be too hard to understand the hyperbole, given what we're witnessing.

Not every comment celebrating the death of these bastards necessarily needs a counter comment for 'balance'. Nobody is genuinely advocating that all Russians die. But we do advocate for all Russians in Ukraine to either die or leave.
Before this forced militarization I understand they were either sending people that enlisted for the military, never wanted to go to war but got unlucky, people who were doing the mandatory recruit and were unlucky (these people are usually not from cities, people with studies and the like though, those used to have ease in being exempted) and people who actually wanted to go to war from both Belarus, Russia, Iran and Chechnya. Also mercenaries.

Even then, in the beginning they sent their most rookie troops in their oldest serving equipment, and told them lies like how there would be no resistance basically using them as decoys for Ukrainians to dump their ammunition before the main dish arrived (proper troops with better equipment). These young soldiers didn't deserve to die and most, most likely didn't honestly want to go to war. Some even fled, but you can't fled in russia or belarus direction, you have to have an opportunity to surrender, or flee to the Ukranian territory where you might be shot because you're russian.

And the guys they're sending now that they left the special operation story behind also don't deserve to die in this stupid war. They might not be able to leave the frontlines even if they wanted though, they will be basically russian prisioners fighting in the war. They are sending a lot of guys who are against Putin in after all, they are not sending them unsupervised, they're sending them to die on a mission they're against.

I'm not saying Russia is a normal country, a lot of these soldiers behave as sociopaths/psychopaths with no regard for the other people's life's, others are clearly brainwashed, but there are also normal people and from now on we'll have increasingly more normal people. Scared people at that.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Before this forced militarization I understand they were either sending people that enlisted for the military, never wanted to go to war but got unlucky, people who were doing the mandatory recruit and were unlucky (these people are usually not from cities, people with studies and the like though, those used to have ease in being exempted) and people who actually wanted to go to war from both Belarus, Russia, Iran and Chechnya. Also mercenaries.

Even then, in the beginning they sent their most rookie troops in their oldest serving equipment, and told them lies like how there would be no resistance basically using them as decoys for Ukrainians to dump their ammunition before the main dish arrived (proper troops with better equipment). These young soldiers didn't deserve to die and most, most likely didn't honestly want to go to war. Some even fled, but you can't fled in russia or belarus direction, you have to have an opportunity to surrender, or flee to the Ukranian territory where you might be shot because you're russian.

And the guys they're sending now that they left the special operation story behind also don't deserve to die in this stupid war. They might not be able to leave the frontlines even if they wanted though, they will be basically russian prisioners fighting in the war. They are sending a lot of guys who are against Putin in after all, they are not sending them unsupervised, they're sending them to die on a mission they're against.

I'm not saying Russia is a normal country, a lot of these soldiers behave as sociopaths/psychopaths with no regard for the other people's life's, others are clearly brainwashed, but there are also normal people and from now on we'll have increasingly more normal people. Scared people at that.

None of this squares with the evidence coming out of Ukraine. At all.

We have repeated eye witness accounts of Russian soldier barbarity. We have mass graves of thousands of people. We have endless reports of theft, looting, robbery, burglary. We have evidence of repeated, large scale targeting of civilian sites. We have reports of what is left behind once the Russian soldiers are forced out of Ukrainian towns and cities.

You speak as if these are poor innocents, thrust into a war they didn't want. How does that square in any way with what they are actually doing on the ground?

You sound like someone who doesn't want to believe the evidence. Doesn't want to believe that the Russian army are every bit as bad as the Nazis - who committed similar war crimes.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Ok, fair enough, you enjoy violence. I do not, that’s fine.

For the sake of clarity - no one ‘enjoys’ the violence. But a lot of us see it as necessary, correct and proper in order to stop the Russians from continuing to butcher Ukrainians.

Any opinion that basically begins from a position of ‘all violence is bad’ is at best naive, and at worst pro-Russian.

I would cheer louder and harder than anyone else to see the violence end - because that would mean Russia have left Ukraine completely.

Last edited:

Aure

Banned
Yeah, I think this thread is becoming a bit too extreme for me.
Who cares? They supported this, and they actively continue to do so, now more than ever in those rallies.
And now they threaten to use nukes? I say, fuck them and their nukes!

Last edited:
None of this squares with the evidence coming out of Ukraine. At all.

We have repeated eye witness accounts of Russian soldier barbarity. We have mass graves of thousands of people. We have endless reports of theft, looting, robbery, burglary. We have evidence of repeated, large scale targeting of civilian sites. We have reports of what is left behind once the Russian soldiers are forced out of Ukrainian towns and cities.

You speak as if these are poor innocents, thrust into a war they didn't want. How does that square in any way with what they are actually doing on the ground?

You sound like someone who doesn't want to believe the evidence. Doesn't want to believe that the Russian army are every bit as bad as the Nazis - who committed similar war crimes.
Those guys exist. That wasn't my point.

Mokus

A school shooting occured in Russia just now by a guy "wearing swastika symbols". How long until they'll blame ukraine?
Like how they did with the Chechen wars, when the FSB faked terrorist attacks on Russians to convince the population to support the military intervention which until then was very unpopular.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I think it's important to remember the context under which comments like that are made.

We are seeing the most hideous, largest scale war atrocities committed on civilians since the second world war, by a Russian army that seems to revel in these kinds of actions, pushed by a political and social system that seems just as content with this level of hate. Russia is clearly a broken, decaying, poisonous country.

I see some becoming the very animal they are bent on seeing destroyed.

akimbo009

Gold Member
So apparently they have nazi's defending, with their lives, the only Jewish president in the world outside of Israel.

No, I'm saying.the opposite. My sarcasm is being a little lost. There's no way that Ukraine is a facist Nazi state - your point is correct and and the implications others were stating was crazy.

Tams

Gold Member

But they are stewing in their own mess. This is what can happen (pretty much the worst case scenario) if you don't at least somewhat engage in the p-word.

This should be a lesson to us all; if we let pur countries be taken by the wolves too much, we too could end up on a battlefield we have no will or desire to be on.

Now they have to live with that, and all the choices they have left are unsavoury and personally risky. Perhaps it's better to risk dying with honour and integrity by, say taking out your commanding officer? I mean, the alternative is probably getting killed by the Ukrainians.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Don’t think this was posted yet, good thread on the possibility of nukes:

tl;dr is nukes won’t accomplish much on their own and the conventional response the US and NATO could unleash would be far more devastating. Putz most likely won’t use them unless it’s out of spite.

Also I don’t think I’d seen that missile return to sender video before. Would be kinda hilarious if they nuked themselves.

Last edited:
Don’t think this was posted yet, good thread on the possibility of nukes:

tl;dr is nukes won’t accomplish much on their own and the conventional response the US and NATO could unleash would be far more devastating. Putz most likely won’t use them unless it’s out of spite.

Ruzzian military is aware that if they use nukes, "they are finished", and the whole country too. There will be damage to NATO and possibly the USA, but not as much as Russia. China will just turn back on Russia and say: We were partners, but nothing more, they deserve it. No one will defend Ruzzia if they use them.

Top Bottom