• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Doczu

Well, things are goong to escalate further now with the annexation. UA wants to join NATO, Russia/Putin will call for an immediate removal of "foreign" forces from their land otherwise full mobilisation and war.
Well... Should it happen: nice knowing you guys, feels like my country will be fucked once again 😐

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Well, things are goong to escalate further now with the annexation. UA wants to join NATO, Russia/Putin will call for an immediate removal of "foreign" forces from their land otherwise full mobilisation and war.
Well... Should it happen: nice knowing you guys, feels like my country will be fucked once again 😐
Why is that my Polish brother?

Fuat on Twitter: Important statement by NATO expected later tonight.​

renderTimingPixel.png

twitter.com/lilygr...

Now We Wait GIF by Fargo

At this point, I can see the full war.... no training, tampons, no medicine, no know-how to handle weapons. The call for a full mobilization, which will make everyone in Ruzzia pissed off, I bet it will work wonders there. This has become the biggest shit show I ever saw.

We'll be fine brother.

We can not give in to this madman's demands.

Doczu

At this point, I can see the full war.... no training, tampons, no medicine, no know-how to handle weapons. The call for a full mobilization, which will make everyone in Ruzzia pissed off, I bet it will work wonders there. This has become the biggest shit show I ever saw.
Not the first time Russia sents a whole army to die. They literally did the same during WW2 and the Polish-Soviet war. No training, no gear, no food. Just move.forward or get shot.
Why is that my Polish brother?
Oh i don't know. It's like i feel that's Polands destiny to get slapped around the continent for good measure. I know this conflict will escalate further and with a full on war i might get drafted. Pro army is one thing, but the reserves will also get to play their share.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Not the first time Russia sents a whole army to die. They literally did the same during WW2 and the Polish-Soviet war. No training, no gear, no food. Just move.forward or get shot.

Oh i don't know. It's like i feel that's Polands destiny to get slapped around the continent for good measure. I know this conflict will escalate further and with a full on war i might get drafted. Pro army is one thing, but the reserves will also get to play their share.

America has a bigger dick than Russia, and we won't let y'all get slapped around.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

I don't think that NATO country would draft reservist or even someone who were on mandatory draft, NATO has it's own soldiers to use.

Also:

And more than enough to deal with these orcs.

Very interesting. I can't imagine what they'll say when you got the likes of Turkey who still likes to lick Russian ass when it suits them in Nato, meaning they can't declare war or Russia as a terrorist state without their approval I guess. Even worse with Hungary.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Oh not from NATO of course. Putler? That's a different story. They add UA to NATO and that's it.
I don’t think they will .. but if they do , Russia has not officially approved annexation.. I read it needs to go through the parlement on Monday. it could get interesting. Annexation for a NATO member would mean war …

Last edited:
Very interesting. I can't imagine what they'll say when you got the likes of Turkey who still likes to lick Russian ass when it suits them in Nato, meaning they can't declare war or Russia as a terrorist state without their approval I guess. Even worse with Hungary.

Maybe an official declaration that Ukraine is under NATO's protection and any usage of WMD triggers Article 5 (but only in that case)?

FunkMiller

I see the whiners, far leftists, tankies, far rightists, and west hating idiots are all loving the idea of Ukraine joining NATO.

I’m sure the press conference that happening in response to Putin’s bullshit announcement will delight them too…

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Seems the hyped NATO announcement was just like the ones before. Strongly condemn the annexation, will provide support to Ukraine. Thx bye

Gp1

i just saw ukraine has applied for NATO membership. surely it won't be granted? if it does then wouldn't that mean that the rest of NATO (UK, US, France, Germany, etc) would all be required to go fight in Ukraine? That would be a huge escalation and basically be WW3?

i just saw ukraine has applied for NATO membership. surely it won't be granted? if it does then wouldn't that mean that the rest of NATO (UK, US, France, Germany, etc) would all be required to go fight in Ukraine? That would be a huge escalation and basically be WW3?

It wasn't granted. The application is symbolic to take the wind from Putin's sails today.

Liljagare

Wonder if this how people felt before WW2, watching Hitler and that maniac delivering his speeches..

Though, there is no comparison really, despite the utter evilness and hatred, and greed, being the same, Putin is just a fucking ugly toad in comparison. And, that's insulting toads.

I hope hell is real so Putin and Hitler are both made to make sweet manlove with pineapples made of glass showed up there arses. If not, I'd settle for Valhalla and having Putin spitroasted every day for lunch.

TwinB242

The NATO application was just a middle finger to Putin to try and overshadow his announcement of the annexations. Ukraine isn't going to be let in anytime soon.

Anyway I think a big concern right now is that we're going to start seeing more attacks on Civlians and civilian infrastructure (just look at what happened in Zaphorizia). Putin has his political win for the time being so he is going to want a ceasefire as soon as possible to stop UAF in their tracks. And I think the only way to achieve that is through killing as many civilians as possible to get Zelensky to eventually cave (as unlikely as that may be).

Dark times ahead.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The NATO application was just a middle finger to Putin to try and overshadow his announcement of the annexations. Ukraine isn't going to be let in anytime soon.

Anyway I think a big concern right now is that we're going to start seeing more attacks on Civlians and civilian infrastructure (just look at what happened in Zaphorizia). Putin has his political win for the time being so he is going to want a ceasefire as soon as possible to stop UAF in their tracks. And I think the only way to achieve that is through killing as many civilians as possible to get Zelensky to eventually cave (as unlikely as that may be).

Dark times ahead.

Shipments of anti missile defense systems have increased.

Top Bottom