• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Intermarium 24
@intermarium24

"In Chernihiv Oblast, Ukrainians entered a liberated village and there lay a murdered mother, to whom the russians tied a crying baby with tape. Our soldier cut the tape to take the child away and a grenade exploded between the child and the mother".

…That’s a new one AFAIK. I don’t even think the cartels or even ISIS came up with that one yet. It’s smart in it’s sick sort of way, but hopefully, if the UA forces see similar circumstances again they know what’s up….and of course whoever pulled this shit be turned into red mist.

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
…That’s a new one AFAIK. I don’t even think the cartels or even ISIS came up with that one yet. It’s smart in it’s sick sort of way, but hopefully, if the UA forces see similar circumstances again they know what’s up….and of course whoever pulled this shit be turned into red mist.
vietcong pulled stuff like this,

vietcong pulled stuff like this,
Vietnam had it’s own fucked up shit …but anybody with a conscience would have taken the bait like they laid it out here and as far as I know like this (assuming it’s true), this specifically, I haven‘t ever run into it. I‘ve heard of massacres but live mining a baby to an executed mother, it has to be done in a very specific timeframe and by exiting troops that were already leaving. It’s hard to process the mentality behind the tactic other than just straight up hatred.

Last edited:

sinnergy

So a bunch of Wagner scum, carrying their injured commander into the ruins of a destroyed building and then promptly begin to chop him to pieces with axes...is not something I'd have ever expected to watch.

You just can't make this stuff up.
I won’t watch this shit … but it’s time to cancel Russia.

winjer

Gold Member
So a bunch of Wagner scum, carrying their injured commander into the ruins of a destroyed building and then promptly begin to chop him to pieces with axes...is not something I'd have ever expected to watch.

I just hope they continue to turn on each other.
This just makes it easier for the Ukrainians.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Vietnam had it’s own fucked up shit …but anybody with a conscience would have taken the bait like they laid it out here and as far as I know like this (assuming it’s true), this specifically, I haven‘t ever run into it. I‘ve heard of massacres but live mining a baby to an executed mother, it has to be done in a very specific timeframe and by exiting troops that were already leaving. It’s hard to process the mentality behind the tactic other than just straight up hatred.
This just sounds too evil imo, i wouldn't put it past specific "people" within the Wagner org, prob some psychopaths they've conscripted but deliberately murdering a baby like that is a whole other realm of fucked up that i don't think the ordinary Russian orcs would do

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I think there is a high chance Russia as a nation are finished. There is a good chance Russia will split into smaller nations once this war is over.
If there is a vacuum in power it will be filled. I doubt there will be a split. I think the current geography of Russia is pre cold war geography currently. If anything I think Russia will have to return Crimea to Ukraine.

Lunarorbit

What?Theres video of this?I only heard rumors.
I read that he was a commander who was injured and they axed him to death. It looks like they used the axe head instead of the blade.

Luckily it's filmed far away so it's not "graphic". That Russian guy running from his tanks on fire though.... Then the tank drives over a mine and blows up. Guy on fire is still running.

Just horrific ways to die in Ukraine are everywhere online.

Valedix

Thats the most Russian thing I've read holy shit

Tams

Why would they do that? Why not just shoot him?
If that is what happened (and it seems so to me), then likely because they are criminals who have been led to the slaughter.

Who knows what they were serving time for, and then they get sent to almost certain death. Yeah, I'm not a criminal either and I'd take out my commanding officer if it were me. And I'd make sure he suffered, slowly.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Oh that’s an easy one.
Money. They are now the main supplier.
And second: no chance for Putin to use his Gas as leverage.

Okay. That's a logical theory. I'll give you that. However, what about the risk factor? What would the ramifications be if this was confirmed?

For that reason I cannot believe the US would do such a thing.

Trunx81

Okay. That's a logical theory. I'll give you that. However, what about the risk factor? What would the ramifications be if this was confirmed?

For that reason I cannot believe the US would do such a thing.
Read the article, it explains it quite well.

But honestly, I HOPE that it is not true. The consequences could be fatal, for the whole world.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I read it and he shows 0 proof, no document nothing. From his narration it seems she’s got a single source, or is decided to write it that way.

The other problem is that it’s on substack - the thing with investigative journalism is that the paper stakes its reputation and the team vets the whole thing before publishing so there’s some kind of process.

Substack is essentially a blog, no paper reputation at stake and no one to go over the whole thing.

Of course it doesn’t mean it can’t be right.

Top Bottom