• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian-funded Facebook ads backed Stein, Sanders and Trump

Actually, he is right, this has been a major complaint Democrats had with 3rd parties since Al Gore lost. Most of the posts during the elections that Jill Stein was mentioned in were shitting on her mainly due to her running and shitting on her supporters for voting her.

You can speak for yourself, but that is what I seen of most post regarding her during the election, that and her bits of anti-science beliefs (wifi signals, anti-vaxxors like you mentioned, etc.)
There was that unexplained Kremlin dinner. She spouted the Anti-Hillary propaganda that Russia was using verbatim. She was also anti-science and a diet racist. Russia loves to prop up racist, anti-intellectual candidates. Her challenging the election results in some states seemed to have no benefit to her other than sowing distrust in our democracy. Her actions were very suspicious.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You cut out the part of my post where I called her a shitty candidate.

And no, you don't get to guilt trip voters for voting for her. I don't personally know anyone who voted for her. I know a few Trump voters, mainly my family in the South, and a few friends who either voted Hillary or didn't vote at all.

You wanna guilt trip folks, aim it at those who sat it out.

But yes, her odd dealings with Russia are eyebrow raising, but it's an odd conflation to guilt voters over Russian dealings and voting for a preferred candidate. Or perhaps we can get risky and blame them for being "low information voters."

Sorry, but no. If you couldn't bring yourself to vote stand against Trump then that's on you. France managed to unite against their Nazi candidate and vote for the other option, an option that now has like 5% approval. They managed to get behind someone no one liked just to make sure the Nazi didn't win, the fact we couldn't do that is disgusting.

At the end of the day it's your choice. If you recognize the threat you don't get to blame anyone else for your vote. You gonna vote to stop the Nazi or not?

legacyzero

Banned
Yeah, Jill should answer for this. She's been oddly quiet since the recount thing.

If you aided a white supremacist by not doing everything you could to make sure he didn't take office, you need to take responsibility for it.
Isn't that a bit... much? I mean sure, are they to blame for their vote, sure. But to be blamed for what turned out to be a fascist, authoritarian, white supremacist douchebag? That's a stretch.

Remember: literally EVERYONE knew Hillary would win. Even Stein voters, for what's it's worth
Sorry, but no. If you couldn't bring yourself to vote stand against Trump then that's on you. France managed to unite against their Nazi candidate and vote for the other option, an option that now has like 5% approval. They managed to get behind someone no one liked just to make sure the Nazi didn't win, the fact we couldn't do that is disgusting.

At the end of the day it's your choice. If you recognize the threat you don't get to blame anyone else for your vote. You gonna vote to stop the Nazi or not?
You're right. It's shameful for our country. I'd also argue that France actuall learned from us. Didn't wanna do the same shit we did.

But instead of vote-shaming, let's try something radical?

Win them back. Give em a candidate they can all get behind.

"you don't get to guilt trip voters for voting for her" LOL right

ill guilt whoever the fuck i want who helped put trump in the white house, thank you very much. take your fragility-born persecution complex back to your bubble

oh wait we're back to "come on it's easy, just be nice and have a conversation." full circle as always. anyone have the groundhogs day gif

kirblar

Isn't that a bit... much? I mean sure, are they to blame for their vote, sure. But to be blamed for what turned out to be a fascist, authoritarian, white supremacist douchebag? That's a stretch.

Remember: literally EVERYONE knew Hillary would win. Even Stein voters, for what's it's worth
No it is not. Complacency and Apathy towards white supremacy are the problem!

He was obviously a fascist white supremacist the whole time!

TarNaru33

Banned
There was that unexplained Kremlin dinner. She spouted the Anti-Hillary propaganda that Russia was using verbatim. She was also anti-science and a diet racist. Russia loves to prop up racist, anti-intellectual candidates. Her challenging the election results in some states seemed to have no benefit to her other than sowing distrust in our democracy. Her actions were very suspicious.

The distrust in our Democracy is and was always there and would be there without her. Of course she is anti-Hillary, the Green Party dislikes both the Republican and Democratic party as they see them both as corporate shills who do not care about the people, while ignoring their own faults.

Dems being rightfully annoyed at 3rd party voters has nothing to do with Jill Stein being absolutely awful.

Stop making the issue the Dems and make it the person who's spouting Russian talking points.

No, all I am saying is Democrats needs to stop trying to blame 3rd party for our election woes. I don't disagree that Jill is awful, just people are going crazy with their "complicit" and "investigate her too" statements.

legacyzero

Banned
No it is not. Complacency and Apathy towards white supremacy are the problem!

He was obviously a fascist white supremacist the whole time!

"you don't get to guilt trip voters for voting for her" LOL right

ill guilt whoever the fuck i want who helped put trump in the white house, thank you very much. take your fragility-born persecution complex back to your bubble

oh wait we're back to "come on it's easy, just be nice and have a conversation." full circle as always. anyone have the groundhogs day gif
Ummm. I didn't didn't vote for Stein dude lol. Hillary easily got my vote. Not sure what you're on about. "Persecution complex"? What?

I'm just saying. Why can't we be back in the mindset of WINNING ELECTIONS with voters. That includes swing/indie voters? Be mad at them all you want, but in 2018/2020, you need them. Not sure why that's a difficult concept

Im not trying to derail, so my PM is open. Especially to kirblar. As always :)

eerik9000

Everything is straight out of the 1997 geopolitical playbook, Foundations of Geopolitics, for ex Soviet KGB based rule:

"Estonia should be given to Germany's sphere of influence.[1]"

giphy.gif

Too bad Germany has little interest in Estonia, and uncle Vova would never just "let us go".

Nafai1123

Banned
No, all I am saying is Democrats needs to stop trying to blame 3rd party for our election woes. I don't disagree that Jill is awful, just people are going crazy with their "complicit" and "investigate her too" statements.

Why was Stein at a dinner in Russia, sitting at a table with Putin and Flynn? Why was she parroting Russian talking points verbatim during the election? Why was she siding with Trump over Hillary as the so-called "Green Party" candidate?

Regardless of whether or not she was willing, intentionally complicit, she WAS complicit. She absolutely deserves to be investigated, and claiming it's just "Dems blaming 3rd parties for election woes" is straight up disingenuous.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Why is up to people who tried to defeat Trump to get along with people so blinded by intellectual pride that they had other priorities?

Top Bottom