• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
serious question

if this turns out to be successful...would this guy be responsible for the greatest medical breakthrough of all time?
It's quite a feat, yes. But I think curing more widespread diseases like cancer, or even the underlying disease that makes this poor fella even need a head transplant, would be much more significant.

tumblr_mhdkq01OzW1rsh5ygo1_400.gif

The head transplant sounds fake.

Now, if he was planning to create the first autonomous Futurama-style head-in-a-jar, I would have doubts.

so is this doctor that is going to do this head transplant..

is he like some fringe "outside the mainstream thought"

or is he some once in a lifetime genius that came up with this revolutionary idea that might be successful

Soulflarz

Banned
So kicking off conspiracy theories part 2
Sergio Canavero is part of the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group

Someone look into this guy for my amusement? No seriously, I cannot find said group he is associated with, except in reference to his one article.

edit: and yes i know he did a ted talk :V
edit: who the hell doesnt have a webpage -_-

Rapstah

Someone look into this guy for my amusement? No seriously, I cannot find said group he is associated with, except in reference to his one article.

TANG, huh?

Doczu

Ok, let's say that this is true. What about the poor russian dude. What is his part in this. He has to mean something too, right?

lmao HEAVEN's in all caps too, just like my Japanese animes!

MGS4 Spoilers

Isn't Big Boss' body reconstructed from parts of Solidus and Liquid at that point too?

Dawg

Ok, let's say that this is true. What about the poor russian dude. What is his part in this. He has to mean something too, right?

What do you mean? You think the "human head transplant" is just viral marketing for the game?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is INSANE hahah Kojima you freakin genius.

News sites all around the world on tv and www report on this.

BEST MARKETING EVER!

Soulflarz

Banned
TANG, huh?
I guess. I cant find a single damn link. Not even contact info. Every single thing I've found links back to this guy with absolutely nothing about his organization, other than the fact he's the director, which means I should be able to find out about the others from the organization.

Doczu

edit: and yes i know he did a ted talk :V
edit: who the hell doesnt have a webpage -_-

Found something. Nothing more sadly
https://books.google.pl/books?id=pWOx5aU6v3YC&pg=PA27&lpg=PA27&dq=Turin+Advanced+Neuromodulation+Group&source=bl&ots=W0angwbriK&sig=tVy6x3iRKGJQwAMqCvE6U5NyhLc&hl=pl&sa=X&ei=65IyVaOMIYWlsgGMtIFg&ved=0CEkQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=Turin%20Advanced%20Neuromodulation%20Group&f=false

TANG, huh?

What do you mean? You think the "human head transplant" is just viral marketing for the game?

As i have written: if it is.

"KOJIMAAAAAA! Your viral bullshit got on international news again! People are going to find out, and we can't handle that kind of popularity! You're a loose cannon, Kojima, and we're letting you go!"

Dawg

Uhm, wait... do people think the entire head transplant thing is viral marketing for MGSV? A Kojima troll?

Valery Spiridonov is a real person. You think he's just part of MGS V marketing? The neurosurgeon has also done a TED talk and many interviews. This is too big to be part of a promotional campaign for a videogame.

I just thought Kojima might have based the appearance of the doctor on this guy. Beyond that, it's crazy talk.

"KOJIMAAAAAA! Your viral bullshit got on international news again! People are going to find out, and we can't handle that kind of popularity! You're a loose cannon, Kojima, and we're letting you go!"

I would approve of this motive. If this is all from some sort of hoax, he's gone too far.

Soulflarz

Banned

Just came across this, yeah. So thats a thing. I'm moreso confused why a guy from an organization that I cannot find anything notable on (like as a group) looks like someone from a Hideo Kojima game.

Rapstah

Snake, you won't believe what we found out about this Canavero guy - he's a member of the Gruppo Avanzato di Neuromodulazione di Torino, GANT for short.

Just came across this, yeah. So thats a thing. I'm moreso confused why a guy from an organization that I cannot find anything notable on (like as a group) looks like someone from a Hideo Kojima game.

Guessing the organization is fake, in the "I'm a crackpot doctor and what I'm doing isn't safe" manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom