• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehPete

Banned
http://www.ygiapolyclinic.com/ - I'm getting a distinctly 'Hanso Foundation' vibe from this site; anyone tried going for specific page ID's using key numbers from the series? http://www.ygiapolyclinic.com/index.php?pageid=

There's also an advert for a blood drive that took place on Thursday 23rd May 2013, 14:00 > 17:00, not sure if it matches up with any MGSV promotional / trailer releases but it's odd that an active hospital would be advertising a drive from so long ago.

Edit - almost certainly barking up the wrong tree here, but hey, it's fun and I've got time to kill before work :)

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.ygiapolyclinic.com/ - I'm getting a distinctly 'Hanso Foundation' vibe from this site; anyone tried going for specific page ID's using key numbers from the series? http://www.ygiapolyclinic.com/index.php?pageid=

There's also an advert for a blood drive that took place on Thursday 23rd May 2013, 14:00 > 17:00, not sure if it matches up with any MGSV promotional / trailer releases but it's odd that an active hospital would be advertising a drive from so long ago.

Edit - almost certainly barking up the wrong tree here, but hey, it's fun and I've got time to kill before work :)
Well, Google Maps confirms it actually is a hospital:
z8TluVT.jpg

SappYoda

Back when Kojima reveled that Phantom Pain = MGSV:TPP, Kojima said in his podcast that they modeled the doctor's face from a western actor who is working in Japan named Ian Moore

CC7VU2bVIAEdBH1.png:orig

CC7URZZVIAA55nG.jpg

Well someone has to do the acting for Dr Canavero. And that just confirms that Ian is the one playing as him.

Ian Moore is the actor playing as Dr Canavero.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, thought so. On a side note, what's going on with your third tab there? lol :)

You know...

Stuff.

Although I do agree that the site reminded me of the Hanso foundation at first. But I guess that's because sites like the Hanso foundation were tailored to parody sites like the one we're talking about.

tehPete

Banned
You know...

Stuff.

Although I do agree that the site reminded me of the Hanso foundation at first. But I guess that's because sites like the Hanso foundation were tailored to parody sites like the one we're talking about.

hahaha :) I'm glad I wasn't the only one that picked up the HF vibe; those were good times :)

filly

I have watched the whole ted talk now and I'm convinced it is a troll. I've played all the metal gears but not so hot on the lore. But this works in metal gears universe.

Here is what his ted talk claims/what we learn:
1. You can transplant a head
2. You can clone yourself in the future
3. You can attach yourself to a cybernetic body in the future
4. The project is called heaven
5. Also it's clear that the doctor has a complete likeness to the doctor in ttp
6. Attaching a old head to a young body rejuvenated the old brain. Extending your life.

Big boss could of decided that at some point in order to continue is legacy he sets up a facility to clone himself and have these clones ready for transplantation in the future. Some of these clones turn out to be liquid, solid an solidus. But there could be more. This also explains why the clones had escalated age, so that transplantation could be done quicker (I think that is part of the plot).
Big boss in fact could of had many of these transplants over the years keeping him alive to present day, and Konami may even use it as a way to bring snake back in the future.
This is all too tidy for it not to be a prank.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Big boss could of decided that at some point in order to continue is legacy he sets up a facility to clone himself and have these clones ready for transplantation in the future. Some of these clones turn out to be liquid, solid an solidus. But there could be more. This also explains why the clones had escalated age, so that transplantation could be done quicker (I think that is part of the plot).

But the clones weren't commissioned by Big Boss and their age was a safety measure (Just like them not having genitalia in earlier revisions.)

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Les_Enfants_Terribles

Would be a very big retcon.

Mr. RHC

Guys..Guys.Guys..Guys:GUYS!!!

There is so much to all of this, this has been going on for so much longer, you wouldn't even believe.. I'm starting to see the whole picture.. OMG...

Moby Dick Studio.. Joakim Mogren.. heads.. Two Phantoms.. everything is flashing before my eyes.. that Russian Head Transplant Doctor... what is CG.. what is real.. what is XOF?

All of this has been foreshadowed:

You surely remember the trailers with Ishmael and the doctor and everything..

Carcrash.jpg

!!

So Ishmael had his head transplanted on a new body because Snake needed a new body after Ground Zeroes.. however it left Ishmael terribly wounded.. and thus two Phantoms were born.

mask.jpg

They both feel it.. Snake and Ishmael feel the Phantom Pain.

So Kojima was studying head transplantation stuff and the scientist who is obviously real and fake at the same time is part of the entire illusion.

So in fact, Ishmael's body was used to safe Snake but it does not end there. Snake is actually using two bodies now. When they planted Ishmael's head on a new body they simulated Snake's memories and experiences and projected it on Ishmael's body while retaining Ishmael's original personality.

Now you see, Ishmael is real and fake at the same time, like the doctor. I don't understand the mechanism just yet but we will figure it out soon enough.

468px-Untitled-2.jpg

Did you never realize how in some scenes of the Moby Dick reveal trailer Ishmael is no where to be seen, while in other scenes he is obviously supporting Snake like he knew his every needs?

FfQWlC3.png

That's the reason why there is a shrapnel in Snake's head, it is used to send information to Ishmael's body, keeping him intact.

You see, this demonstrates how one body can control and navigate another body. Sutherland becomes Snake, Snake becomes Sutherland.

Now let's put things into perspective.

In 1998 Sanitarium was released, an adventure game with striking parallels to MGSV.
Here is the cover, notice the text and the bandage, very similar to Ishmael.

1263919677_sanitarium.png

"Demons from the past can torment you.. or set you free"

Notice the bolded words.. "DEMONS TORMENT YOU"

"Kaz.. I'm already a demon" Snake is also tormented by demons of the past.

What does it mean? Who is the demon. Is it Snake's old body? Where is Snake's old body? Or is something else, something related to him missing the Boss.. the demon of killing is former beloved mentor??

Now you see.. I haven't played this Sanitarium game yet, I will need more time for further research but some things are very obvious. I think I have heard of this game for the first time reading some IGN comments.

See the following screenshots of the car crash in Sanitarium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v41sXqDFkfU

ZCNDJaU.jpg

As you can see, the main character of Sanitarium is also suffering from amnesia and seemingly wants to escape.

The doctor Morgan(Mogren) seems to be into anatomical diagrams.
9YACN71.png

Now this is a sensational find. The quote " A record. The ballad of Captain Dick".
fFHR9Ns.png

I think it is a well known fact that Ahab character from Moby Dick also lost a limb, one of his legs. Obvious Phantom Pain connection. Here an illustration.

BArUtrBCYAApRLE.png:large

https://twitter.com/oegremagazine
ÖGRE(Demon) Magazine courtesy from Twitter.

It is clear as day that this game from 1998 is a marketing scheme as well. 17 years in the making putting Boyhood to shame.

You might wonder what the russian doctor has to do with anything of all this. Well, I can assure you that it is perfectly connected and soon will also make sense to all of you.

tl;dr: Everything is a CG reality.

Constellation: Gemini

Remember how Canavero said he'd speak again in June? The month of June falls within the constellation of Gemini. And get this, the actors birthday (Monday, June 15th) is just three days after Canaveros speech (Friday, June 12th). In the year MGSV takes place, 1984, these dates fall in the same week.

Edit: Well done Mr RHC, the Web is untangling before our very eyes.

GorillaJu

Back when Kojima reveled that Phantom Pain = MGSV:TPP, Kojima said in his podcast that they modeled the doctor's face from a western actor who is working in Japan named Ian Moore

CC7VU2bVIAEdBH1.png:orig

CC7URZZVIAA55nG.jpg

Oh I've met this guy before, and he's a friend of a friend. I spoke to him on the train. He's super famous in Japan for being the mascot of a GPS company called "Navitime"

Raonak

Banned
HfFB48m.png

Kojima: Yes, it's done.
Kojima: Yes, the surgery should be completed soon... right on schedule.
Kojima: Yes, sir. I've recovered all of the FOX engine source code. ....No, sir, my cover is intact. Nobody knows who I really am. Yes, Shinkawa knew my identity, but he's been disposed of.
Kojima: They eventually put the clues together after all. ...That's right. Until the very end, GAF thought it was all a coincidence. What should I do about Despera?
Kojima: Yes sir, I'll keep them under surveillance.
Kojima: Of course. Thank you. Good-bye,
Mr. Hayter.

holy shit XD
Haven't laughed that much in a long time.

HfFB48m.png

Kojima: Yes, it's done.
Kojima: Yes, the surgery should be completed soon... right on schedule.
Kojima: Yes, sir. I've recovered all of the FOX engine source code. ....No, sir, my cover is intact. Nobody knows who I really am. Yes, Shinkawa knew my identity, but he's been disposed of.
Kojima: They eventually put the clues together after all. ...That's right. Until the very end, GAF thought it was all a coincidence. What should I do about Despera?
Kojima: Yes sir, I'll keep them under surveillance.
Kojima: Of course. Thank you. Good-bye,
Mr. Hayter.

This is amazing.

#TeamReal

KZObsessed

So, the insane story about a head transplant that has been covered across the world is just viral marketing for MGSV? I thought the whole head transplant thing was nonsense but I never really read the articles or listened to the talks.

I dont even. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Is there anyone a bigger genius than Kojima at hyping up a game?

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
So, the insane story about a head transplant that has been covered across the world is just viral marketing for MGSV? I thought the whole head transplant thing was nonsense but I never really read the articles or listened to the talks.

I dont even.

Is there anyone a bigger genius than Kojima at hyping up a game?
Would be kind of sad if it was the case, to be honest. Because the fella whose life is at stake in the operation is almost certainly real and not terminally ill due to a marketing campaign. What's more likely is that Kojima stumbled upon this very eccentric doctor and his unorthodox views on consciousness and the human brain as part of his research on the subject of phantom pain (a topic Dr. Canevaro has published several articles about) and then used him as inspiration.

Dawg

There is so much to all of this, this has been going on for so much longer, you wouldn't even believe.. I'm starting to see the whole picture.. OMG...

Moby Dick Studio.. Joakim Mogren.. heads.. Two Phantoms.. everything is flashing before my eyes.. that Russian Head Transplant Doctor... what is CG.. what is real.. what is XOF?

Carcrash.jpg

!!

So Ishmael had his head transplanted on a new body because Snake needed a new body after Ground Zeroes.. however it left Ishmael terribly wounded.. and thus two Phantoms were born.

mask.jpg

So Kojima was studying head transplantation stuff and the scientist who is obviously real and fake at the same time is part of the entire illusion.

So in fact, Ishmael's body was used to safe Snake but it does not end there. Snake is actually using two bodies now. When they planted Ishmael's head on a new body they simulated Snake's memories and experiences and projected it on Ishmael's body while retaining Ishmael's original personality.

Now you see, Ishmael is real and fake at the same time, like the doctor. I don't understand the mechanism just yet but we will figure it out soon enough.

468px-Untitled-2.jpg

Did you never realize how in some scenes of the Moby Dick reveal trailer Ishmael is no where to be seen, while in other scenes he is obviously supporting Snake like he knew his every needs?

FfQWlC3.png

That's the reason why there is a shrapnel in Snake's head, it is used to send information to Ishmael's body, keeping him intact.

You see, this demonstrates how one body can control and navigate another body. Sutherland becomes Snake, Snake becomes Sutherland.

In 1998 Sanitarium was released, an adventure game with striking parallels to MGSV.

1263919677_sanitarium.png

"Demons from the past can torment you.. or set you free"

What does it mean? Who is the demon. Is it Snake's old body? Where is Snake's old body? Or is something else, something related to him missing the Boss.. the demon of killing is former beloved mentor??

Now you see.. I haven't played this Sanitarium game yet, I will need more time for further research but some things are very obvious. I think I have heard of this game for the first time reading some IGN comments.

ZCNDJaU.jpg

As you can see, the main character of Sanitarium is also suffering from amnesia and seemingly wants to escape.

9YACN71.png

Now this is a sensational find. The quote " A record. The ballad of Captain Dick".
fFHR9Ns.png

I think it is a well known fact that Ahab character from Moby Dick also lost a limb, one of his legs. Obvious Phantom Pain connection. Here an illustration.

BArUtrBCYAApRLE.png:large

https://twitter.com/oegremagazine
ÖGRE(Demon) Magazine courtesy from Twitter.

It is clear as day that this game from 1998 is a marketing scheme as well. 17 years in the making putting Boyhood to shame.

You might wonder what the russian doctor has to do with anything of all this. Well, I can assure you that it is perfectly connected and soon will also make sense to all of you.

Or, you know, Ishmael is an illusion created by Psycho Mantis who is also seen at the hospital. An illusion to guide Big Boss outta there.

Brilliant. This is scholarly research if I've ever seen it. I'm sold. Kojima is Herman Melville, via a century and a half worth of secret head transplants and facial reconstruction.

Edit: Goddammit Dawg! You'd believe this if you would finally go play Peace Walker!
;)

SteveTR

Now I really don't know what's right and wrong anymore.

Something just occured to me, though. When Konami started erasing every mention of Kojima, it was very noticeable. Everybody knew that Kojima was involved with those games. Even though his name was nowhere to be found, he was still present. Like a phantom.

!!

fFHR9Ns.png

I need this to be True! I want to believe...

Or, you know, Ishmael is an illusion created by Psycho Mantis who is also seen at the hospital. An illusion to guide Big Boss outta there.

And perhaps Psycho Mantis was an earlier head transplant patient at the hospital, gaining his mental abilities via the HEAVEN procedure (Canavero postulates that head transplants might unlock higher abilities).

Dawg

This doesn't make any sense.

You're telling me they purposely put Big Boss' head on a body without a left arm? Ehm... what?

Meanwhile, Ishmael still has both arms.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
The thing I'm most worried about is how disappointing the actual game will be if this all tirns out not to be related to The Phantom Pain.

I mean, our theories are so wild and awesome right now that the actual plot might look tame in comparison :(

Jingo

I dont know who is more genious, kojima or metal gear fans with the most crazy out of shit theories,
Head transplants, quiet is chico, big boss is gray fox, phantom pain releasing 5/5/2015, etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom