• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KZObsessed

Would be kind of sad if it was the case, to be honest. Because the fella whose life is at stake in the operation is almost certainly real and not terminally ill due to a marketing campaign. What's more likely is that Kojima stumbled upon this very eccentric doctor and his unorthodox views on consciousness and the human brain as part of his research on the subject of phantom pain (a topic Dr. Canevaro has published several articles about) and then used him as inspiration.

True, that makes more sense. It would be sad if there's no hope for a cure for the man, but at the same time if it was real and he was going to go through with it, he will most likely either die or be left mostly/entirely paralysed. I would love for it to work, if real, it would be one of the most incredible advances in science but it just seems nonsense. I'm reading the Dr's book now and he just seems completely mad.

I'm certainly going to follow the story if true, it's incredibly interesting but I dont know what to believe anymore. Kojima gonna Kojima.

Rapstah

Ian Moore is an anagram of "Am I One, Or". Sorry if this massive piece of the puzzle was revealed between page 22 and now, I'm still reading the thread.

I dig the theory that MGS V is inspired by Sanitarium and honestly it was the first thing that came to my mind after seeing the Phantom Pain trailer at the VGAs.

TCRS

Banned
CIW2P3e.jpg

what the fug

Philippo

Wether it's true or not, thanks to this i got the chance to read up a bit about this doctor and man, he's crazy as fuck, like comic-books level of crazy scientist, and i fucking adore it.
My new hero.

Raonak

Banned
This doesn't make any sense.

You're telling me they purposely put Big Boss' head on a body without a left arm? Ehm... what?

Meanwhile, Ishmael still has both arms.
You've got it backwards. Ishmael has the real big boss's head.

Venom Snake is actually big boss's fucked up body with the donor's head (GRAY FOX?) who believes he is actually big boss.
When he looks in the mirror he sees big boss. The shard embedded in his head, the cuts, they're all artifacts of donor's face. It's the phantom pain. Big Boss's body is still "feeling" the amputated body part.... the amputated head.

From FOX two phantoms were born. Neither are the original.

CloudWolf

This thread cracks me up.

Though I really hope most of the posters aren't serious about this, because there's no way this is all elaborate marketing for a game.

Philippo

Though I really hope most of the posters aren't serious about this, because there's no way this is all elaborate marketing for a game.

Myabe Kojima simply met the guy during his researches for MGSV and got his inspirations for the plot from his works, and decided to put him in the game.
And then they just decided to make some sort of cross marketing campaign to troll the fans.

It actually seems relatively plausible to me.

Chinner

Banned
you guys must really think badly of kojima if you think he would just steal this guys identity and use the idea of transplanting heads for the main plot line.

Axass

Yeah, that's exactly what Kojima wants you to think.

AHaahahahahaaaaahahahahahahaahhaa....

o_O

Roarer

HfFB48m.png

Kojima: Yes, it's done.
Kojima: Yes, the surgery should be completed soon... right on schedule.
Kojima: Yes, sir. I've recovered all of the FOX engine source code. ....No, sir, my cover is intact. Nobody knows who I really am. Yes, Shinkawa knew my identity, but he's been disposed of.
Kojima: They eventually put the clues together after all. ...That's right. Until the very end, GAF thought it was all a coincidence. What should I do about Despera?
Kojima: Yes sir, I'll keep them under surveillance.
Kojima: Of course. Thank you. Good-bye,
Mr. Hayter.

I love this thread so much.

Stuff dreams are made of.

This whole thread reminds me so much of the one about the 70's Japanese SF magazine cover and that point & click Lighthouse game and the crazy similarities to Bioshock.

But guys. GUYS!

We're all looking at it the wrong way. I searched for the name on google images and found this guy, Ian Moore, an Australian architect.

We've been fooled from the start! Ian Moore and... Ian Moore, they're the cloned heads of Dr. Sergio Canavero! From "Fox," two Phantoms were Born. "Ian Moore" is just a codename, like Solid Snake.

Metal Gear Ian

HIR0

If this is indeed an elaborate marketing campaign there's one question that remains to be answered Gaf...

Did yu rike it?

This whole thread reminds me so much of the one about the 70's Japanese SF magazine cover and that point & click Lighthouse game and the crazy similarities to Bioshock.

But guys. GUYS!

We're all looking at it the wrong way. I searched for the name on google images and found this guy, Ian Moore, an Australian architect.

We've been fooled from the start! Ian Moore and... Ian Moore, they're the cloned heads of Dr. Sergio Canavero! From "Fox," two Phantoms were Born. "Ian Moore" is just a codename, like Solid Snake.

Metal Gear Ian

Just when things couldn't get any weirder.

tensuke

Guys..Guys.Guys..Guys:GUYS!!!

There is so much to all of this, this has been going on for so much longer, you wouldn't even believe.. I'm starting to see the whole picture.. OMG...

Moby Dick Studio.. Joakim Mogren.. heads.. Two Phantoms.. everything is flashing before my eyes.. that Russian Head Transplant Doctor... what is CG.. what is real.. what is XOF?

All of this has been foreshadowed:

You surely remember the trailers with Ishmael and the doctor and everything..

Carcrash.jpg

!!

So Ishmael had his head transplanted on a new body because Snake needed a new body after Ground Zeroes.. however it left Ishmael terribly wounded.. and thus two Phantoms were born.

mask.jpg

They both feel it.. Snake and Ishmael feel the Phantom Pain.

So Kojima was studying head transplantation stuff and the scientist who is obviously real and fake at the same time is part of the entire illusion.

So in fact, Ishmael's body was used to safe Snake but it does not end there. Snake is actually using two bodies now. When they planted Ishmael's head on a new body they simulated Snake's memories and experiences and projected it on Ishmael's body while retaining Ishmael's original personality.

Now you see, Ishmael is real and fake at the same time, like the doctor. I don't understand the mechanism just yet but we will figure it out soon enough.

468px-Untitled-2.jpg

Did you never realize how in some scenes of the Moby Dick reveal trailer Ishmael is no where to be seen, while in other scenes he is obviously supporting Snake like he knew his every needs?

FfQWlC3.png

That's the reason why there is a shrapnel in Snake's head, it is used to send information to Ishmael's body, keeping him intact.

You see, this demonstrates how one body can control and navigate another body. Sutherland becomes Snake, Snake becomes Sutherland.

Now let's put things into perspective.

In 1998 Sanitarium was released, an adventure game with striking parallels to MGSV.
Here is the cover, notice the text and the bandage, very similar to Ishmael.

1263919677_sanitarium.png

"Demons from the past can torment you.. or set you free"

Notice the bolded words.. "DEMONS TORMENT YOU"

"Kaz.. I'm already a demon" Snake is also tormented by demons of the past.

What does it mean? Who is the demon. Is it Snake's old body? Where is Snake's old body? Or is something else, something related to him missing the Boss.. the demon of killing is former beloved mentor??

Now you see.. I haven't played this Sanitarium game yet, I will need more time for further research but some things are very obvious. I think I have heard of this game for the first time reading some IGN comments.

See the following screenshots of the car crash in Sanitarium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v41sXqDFkfU

ZCNDJaU.jpg

As you can see, the main character of Sanitarium is also suffering from amnesia and seemingly wants to escape.

The doctor Morgan(Mogren) seems to be into anatomical diagrams.
9YACN71.png

Now this is a sensational find. The quote " A record. The ballad of Captain Dick".
fFHR9Ns.png

I think it is a well known fact that Ahab character from Moby Dick also lost a limb, one of his legs. Obvious Phantom Pain connection. Here an illustration.

BArUtrBCYAApRLE.png:large

https://twitter.com/oegremagazine
ÖGRE(Demon) Magazine courtesy from Twitter.

It is clear as day that this game from 1998 is a marketing scheme as well. 17 years in the making putting Boyhood to shame.

You might wonder what the russian doctor has to do with anything of all this. Well, I can assure you that it is perfectly connected and soon will also make sense to all of you.

tl;dr: Everything is a CG reality.
XCAOX5o.gif

Houndi101

Hillarious topic guys, I've just registered to join discussion.

What I found on my own:
During the conference seen on youtube video someone posted earlier Canavero used "eye opener" phrase several times.

That what I found in VGA phantom pain trailer:
RS9j4NZ

I also found phone number when I was searching for doctor Canavero:
+39 349 4717819

Maybe somebody will give it a try?

So you registered today and got activated right away? Posting phone numbers and new intel... WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

What I found on my own:
During the conference seen on youtube video someone posted earlier Canavero used "eye opener" phrase several times.

RS9j4NZ.jpg

+39 349 4717819

You registered today and got activated instantly? Whats going on here. ¬_¬

Uiki

What I found on my own:

RS9j4NZ.jpg

+39 349 4717819

It's an italian cellphone number.

I can call it.. but what the fuck do I say?

"Hi sir, I call on behalf of the carnival. Are you for real?"

kurahador

What I found on my own:

RS9j4NZ.jpg

+39 349 4717819

Modbot is self aware now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom