• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despera

Banned
mmaqnf.gif
/dead

Rapstah

You know what, based on how the GANT seems to be secretly organised out of someone's basement, it wouldn't surprise me if its "official" phone number is just the cell phone number of someone who works there, if not Canavero himself.

magenta

This thread provided more entertainment than some AAA games these days. Kojima may not have had a direct hand in creating this latest madness (or did he?) but his games certainly did create the foundation. Hopefully he gets another shot at games development. Unbelievable coincidences.

Simini

Banned
Idea from reddit:

"Yup, at best Kojima has used Canavero's likeness after following him in his research phase for The Phantom Pain.

But the timing of the media release is an odd coincidence as well. And the fact that the future patient is involved in designing video games and his name begins with V [has come to] is some coincidence as well! Amongst many other things pointed out here and on Neogaf. Very freaky.

Last week I think when this news-story broke about the head transplant I read the article linked on Twitter by Russia Today (regular International media group) and watched his TED talks presentation and had a chat about it with my friends and family. I giggled at the mention of clones and other MG-related stuff but thought NOTHING of it. Then I logged on to this subreddit today.. lol
"

Cryxo93

Banned
"No return a head?" And coincidentally you also have a "head" as your avatar.

I see more plants are slowly starting to invade this thread.

We are not safe in this thread anymore guys they have eyes everywhere.

I wish that were the case but that's one step too far GAF!

Some points I think are worth bringing up:

Dr. Canavero's TEDx talk was done in Limassol, Cyprus, where MGS V and Phantom Pain are allegedly set: http://www.tedxlimassol.com/lineup/dr-serio-canavero/

His email address is sercan@inwind.it, Sercan is a Turkish name, and for those who don't know northern Cyprus is controlled by Turkey.

The first Turkish invasion of Cyprus took place in 1974, and was known as the 'the 1974 Peace Operation' in the north. In the MGS universe, the 'Peace Walker Incident' was a series of skirmishes fought between the CIA Peace Sentinel and the Militaires Sans Frontières mercenary group also in1974.

Xpliskin

Wait, does activation take long? I got approved the same day as well iirc.

1 week for me.
Some waited several weeks and more.

Mine took 3+ months and it's showing my original registeration date, not activation

Wow...seriously?? Took me 6 months to get approved. :/

Slightly OT:
Same day registration + activation?
Either the method changed, or you won the lottery. Welcome btw.

Shengar

Dr. Canavero's TEDx talk was done in Limassol, Cyprus, where MGS V and Phantom Pain are allegedly set: http://www.tedxlimassol.com/lineup/dr-serio-canavero/

His email address is sercan@inwind.it, Sercan is a Turkish name, and for those who don't know northern Cyprus is controlled by Turkey.

The first Turkish invasion of Cyprus took place in 1974, and was known as the 'the 1974 Peace Operation' in the north. In the MGS universe, the 'Peace Walker Incident' was a series of skirmishes fought between the CIA Peace Sentinel and the Militaires Sans Frontières mercenary group also in1974.
Wellthereitis.gif

I ask this again. Isn't every character in MGSV and Ground Zeroes motion captured ? So if he is the doctor, Kojima must've been in contact with him directly, not just take his likeness.

Can I say please stop calling this man? All the diggings and finding evidence are fine, but disturbing one's life should not be acceptable, whatever this is a ruse or not. If it is a ruse, you probably cannot get anything from him. If it is not, then you are being a stalker.

Just send him a link of this thread. He can determine what to do next.

tensuke

gaf...you're slaying me

Kimosabae

Banned
I think at this point, you're just being daft if you don't at least feel this is worth looking into.

There's coincidences and then there's this shit.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Slightly OT:
Same day registration + activation?
Either the method changed, or you won the lottery. Welcome btw.
I misremembered, sorry. I just looked at the old emails from around half a year ago. It took 4 days to approve my account. I didn't remember any uncomfortable waiting period because it wasn't as excessive as others have posted and I lurked for a few months after registration anyways.

Bringing this back to topic: The guy that posted the phone number def. seems weird now :V

Mr. RHC

Can I say please stop calling this man? All the diggings and finding evidence are fine, but disturbing one's life should not be acceptable, whatever this is a ruse or not. If it is a ruse, you probably cannot get anything from him. If it is not, then you are being a stalker.

Just send him a link of this thread. He can determine what to do next.

Good idea! Someone send him something!

tumblr_lbulpdQnqi1qc4o5qo1_500.gif

Simini

Banned
Maybe somebody from Italy can call that Turin hospital secretary and confirm if he works there - that would be the easiest way.

jaypah

Oh God, what a difference a day makes. Please don't get weird GAF. I mean, GAF weird is ok but don't go full on deep-Web weird.

Akiller

Hillarious topic guys, I've just registered to join discussion.

What I found on my own:
During the conference seen on youtube video someone posted earlier Canavero used "eye opener" phrase several times.

That what I found in VGA phantom pain trailer:
RS9j4NZ.jpg

I also found phone number when I was searching for doctor Canavero:
+39 349 4717819

Maybe somebody will give it a try?

MGSV post credit phone call confirmed.

Rapstah

It's really weird if NeoGAF is putting more pressure on this guy's organisation's phone line than the rest of the world when his head transplant story went viral over the last couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom