• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaufLive

Don't take this too seriously though, the spots on the left of the lips don't match, but I thought it was a nice coincidence :)

ZevaV8V.jpg

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
That's the real Val? There is no way he would have found the Fakeaccount by coincidence (remember: It was created not even a day ago)

Well, the account seems real. It's definitely populated with loads of tweets you'd expect from someone using Twitter normally, at least judging from the images -- don't speak Russian.

Rapstah

Well, the account seems real. It's definitely populated with loads of tweets you'd expect from someone using Twitter normally, at least judging from the images -- don't speak Russian.

It's his real Twitter and he's a real person. He might even have followed the account without knowing it's a parody account. I don't think Valerij is involved with this at all.

Simini

Banned
I think that doctor is real and Hideo conctacted him to be the medical consultant for the game and decided later to include him and his likeness in game.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
It's his real Twitter and he's a real person. He might even have followed the account without knowing it's a parody account. I don't think Valerij is involved with this at all.

I know he's a real bloke and even more unlikely that he's in on this than the doctor. I'd feel bad if he followed it thinking it's the real doctor ;_;

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You guys can say whatever you want but that project is called "HEAVEN". From X other words they chose to call it "HEAVEN"?? yeah no this is so MGSV and Kojima behind this.

This can't be coincidence.

Again, what are the chances Val randomly decided to search for Canavero on Twitter in the last 24 hours? It could be of course, but damn...

ilium

He has to be involved in this. No way around it really.

"What about the surgery that was supposed to save my life?"
"Sorry son, it was all marketing."

Nope.

I'm confused, are people saying that the real head surgeon is a hoax?

Heard him talk on Coast to Coast not too long ago, and I doubt Coast would have been in on it.

He sounds like a legit mad scientist.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Again, what are the chances Val randomly decided to search for Canavero on Twitter in the last 24 hours? It could be of course, but damn...

I'm not sure how Twitter's "You may know these folks" suggestion feature works. Maybe it picked up on Canavero and him being mentioned together across the web all the time?

Rapstah

He wouldn't have to search, Twitter would show him when people mention him and the doctor in the same tweet, and this would increase the chances that it would suggest the fake doctor account for him to follow.

He wouldn't have to search, Twitter would show him when people mention him and the doctor in the same tweet, and this would increase the chances that it would suggest the fake doctor account for him to follow.

Good point. At this point I don't even have an opinion anymore if this whole thing is staged or just coincidence...

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
All -- there are articles and books (actually, hardcover books) published by this doctor from 8 years ago. He is real.

Here's the Google books image from the copyright 2011 book -- https://books.google.com/books?id=G...elucidation of genesis and treatment.&f=false

We know. It's on the first couple of pages. He even has a book on "brainfucking" women.

Edit:
Guys wait a second.

https://www.google.it/search?q=Sergio+Canavero&es_sm=93&biw=944&bih=991&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A01%2F01%2F1900%2Ccd_max%3A31%2F12%2F2005&tbm=

This is a real doctor... there are way too many references about him on the internet. He even wrote this book.... in 2005 http://www.edizioniclandestine.com/schede/donnescoperte.htm
Edit: NSFW because butt
Exploiting some techniques 'brainfucking', we will learn to manage the brain (or the mind, if you want) and the woman's body for sexual purposes.
(Quiet's backstory.)

Kalor

This whole thing has been really weird. Personally, I don't think this has any relevance to MGSV and it is a few coincidences and then people just grasping a straws.

Of course there is the unlikely scenario where this is some kind of strange marketing stunt but I really don't see it and at this point it is going to a strange place since people are trying to contact him now.

Kev Kev

Having to go to work in 20 minutes is killing me! Now, for the next eleven hours, I'll be looking at everything I do, just searching for conspiracies.

Also, don't know if it's been posted or if it's even relevant at all, but this Q&A article with Canavero mentions cyborgs.

"There are now 7 billion people, well, 8 billion people in 2040 or so, who are not going to die. There is what we are going to do with clones, and then there are others who will have transplanted their brains into cyborgs. " - http://motherboard.vice.com/read/a-qa-with-the-first-human-head-transplant-surgeon

Seems pretty useless to me, but later on in the paragraph, Canavero calls himself a banana master... so at least we still have that.

DMiz

All -- there are articles and books (actually, hardcover books) published by this doctor from 8 years ago. He is real.

Here's the Google books image from the copyright 2011 book -- https://books.google.com/books?id=G...elucidation of genesis and treatment.&f=false

I'd like to add on to this.

If you search using PubMed, which is one of the most well respected online literature databases available, for his name via the HEAVEN procedure publication, you will see he has published quite a few times and can paper trail his work:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Canavero%20S[Author]&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=24244881

He is very likely a real person. I do not believe that PubMed, which is run by the NIH (National Institutes of Health), would be so crass as to participate in something as banal as a video game viral marketing campaign.
Please do not disturb him further.

Mexen

The lyrics to the songs used in the trailers read differently now.

Your agony is your triumph

You seem kind of phony... Everything's a lie.

And I'm hoping for a miracle... What a mess we made when it all went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom