• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Stop calling the guy, folks.

It's not "just a phone call". If lots of random numbers started calling me without motive I would be frightened and would call the police.

That's stalking, and it's idiotic.

Berlin

Neo Member
fFNuf6E.png

Beloved

It's not "just a phone call". If lots of random numbers started calling me without motive I would be frightened and would call the police.

Well, calling a readily available number isn't stalking. And it seems like most people just got voicemail.

But I do agree that trying to contact him that way is silly and pointless, and potentially annoying for the guy.

Rapstah

It's not his phone number, it's the Torino Advanced Neuroscience Group's phone number. If those are the same, then it's unfortunate and he's getting bombarded right now.

Houndi101

I'd like to think Kojima, Val, Canavero and the marketers are having a panic meeting via skype right about now: "They're on to us already".

Rapstah

It's his cellphone...

Yeah, you're right, it looks like he decided to put his personal number instead of the organisation's number (i.e. the organisation doesn't have a phone number) at the end of a press release. Don't call the number then.

It would be nice just to explain to him what's happening, I'm sure he will find it funny to be pretty similar looking to that mgs doc.

He'll find it funny that like a million people have confused him for a video game

I think we jumped the amputated head a while ago

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
It would be nice just to explain to him what's happening, I'm sure he will find it funny to be pretty similar looking to that mgs doc.

I understand that you have good intentions. But if you were the only one calling him would be one thing, but now he might be getting a lot of strange calls and yours it's just another one.

I would try to "warn" him sending an email, I don't know.

And even then I would be scared. Because we have lots of people going insane over a video game to the point of bothering random clueless individuals.

It's by far the most complex Troll Kojima tried to pull, if it really is. Things to note:

On the wikipedia article, Sergio Canavero is a link that loops back to that same article.

his book, Head Transplantation and the quest for immortality, seems to be real, but it's self published through Createspace and is just 112 pages long, which for an undertaking that massive, seems to be on the really light side. Also, when you want to be taken seriously, you don't start your medical centered book with a quote from Frankenstein. That's just weird.

So yeah...I'm leaning toward the most complex troll he pulled.

edit:

Also, I can't find anything else than this story on Canavero himself. This is starting to unravel slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom