• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
pillswnudu.jpg

Now it's possible "central pain" and "phantom pain" are automatically associated by Amazon's recommendation engine......

Actually, central pain and phantom pain are basically the exact same thing, medically speaking.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
From Metal Gear Informer.

Notice that Big Boss' head is the only distinguishable part of his body that has skin eyes and even his beard while the rest of the body is in x-ray.

MGS5_E3_2013_poster.jpg

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
and if he's real, yeah calling his personal phone number is probably not a great idea.
The man is real, there's no doubt about that.

The amount of coincidence's are pretty freaky but there's no way this is all a brilliantly disturbing plan by Kojima. It might be they've had contact with each other to give both projects even more publicity, seeing as he wanted to tackle "taboo's", but I seriously doubt it. It's a lot more plausible Kojima read something about the man during research-phase.
And now I feel like a buzzkill.

I want to believe, and for a couple of page's I almost did, but let's stay grounded here, guy's. And for the love of lemonjuice, stop calling the man.

EDIT: Or, well, there it is.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
The man is real, there's no doubt about that.

The amount of coincidence's are pretty freaky but there's no way this is all a brilliantly disturbing plan by Kojima. It might be they've had contact with each other to give both projects even more publicity, seeing as he wanted to tackle "taboo's", but I seriously doubt it. It's a lot more plausible Kojima read something about the man during research-phase.
And now I feel like a buzzkill.

I want to believe, and for a couple of page's I almost did, but let's stay grounded here, guy's. And for the love of lemonjuice, stop calling the man.

EDIT: Or, well, there it is.
As pointed out many times in the thread, it could just be that Kojima based the doctor on him because he's quite an eccentric guy and considering his research relevant to the subject of phantom pain. He's a published author with very unorthodox views and his wacky beliefs fit right into the universe. I'm not sure about Kojima's personal MO, but it's normal for writers to do a hell of a lot of research.

Of course the "marketing ruse" theory was bullshit all along. It'd be hella macabre to get the very real and very terminally ill Spiridonov on board knowingly or unknowingly.

Jesus, people are calling some person's number now? Speculating and creating crazy conspiracy theories about a video game due to some questionable connection someone made is one thing, but actually calling a private individual just to carry on this stupid discussion is something a supposed "respectable" forum like NeoGAF shouldn't have entertained.

Revven

Welp, the circus is no longer in town. Shame, I was enjoying the madness until the Ian Moore thing basically shuts this all down.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
As pointed out many times in the thread, it could just be that Kojima based the doctor on him because he's quite an eccentric guy and considering his research relevant to the subject of phantom pain. He's a published author with very unorthodox views and his wacky beliefs fit right into the universe. I'm not sure about Kojima's personal MO, but it's normal for writers to do a hell of a lot of research.

Of course the "marketing ruse" theory was bullshit all along. It'd be hella macabre to get the very real and very terminally ill Spiridonov on board knowingly or unknowingly.
That's pretty much what I tried to say, but you're a lot better with words then I am. :p

DevilFox

Jesus, people are calling some person's number now? Speculating and creating crazy conspiracy theories about a video game due to some questionable connection someone made is one thing, but actually calling a private individual just to carry on this stupid discussion is something a supposed "respectable" forum like NeoGAF shouldn't have entertained.

I agree. I thought we were just having fun yesterday but nope, this thing is going on with support and praise to Kojima. Typical MGS fan madness.

Rapstah

Keep in mind that he put his personal phone number at the end of a press release about the head transplant procedure. That's a really popular news story right now. He should be set up to answer press questions about that procedure. It's not like NeoGAF hacked his Facebook account to find his hidden number inside a locked box.

Holy shit I just read this entire thread instead of studying, even watched the entire ted talk... Jesus

I keep smirking like an idiot and giggling out loud in the library, people probably think I'm nuts.

Thank you GAF, you never fail to deliver.

HeelPower

I think that settles it.

This looks a LOT more like the actor Ian Moore than Dr.Canavero.

Though Canavero could've definitely served as inspiration for the character,he ultimately has no direct relation to MGSV.

:/

Holy shit I just read this entire thread instead of studying, even watched the entire ted talk... Jesus

I keep smirking like an idiot and giggling out loud in the library, people probably think I'm nuts.

The exact same thing is happening to me RIGHT NOW OMG...Word for word.

Javier23

Banned
Keep in mind that he put his personal phone number at the end of a press release about the head transplant procedure. That's a really popular news story right now. He should be set up to answer press questions about that procedure.
See the part I highlighted? Exactly. Being bombarded with calls by absolutely deranged, creepy and idiotic fans of a videogame with nothing better to do on a Sunday has little to do with it. What do you gain by stalking anyone this way? I'm out of here.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I think that settles it.

This looks a LOT more like the actor Ian Moore than Dr.Canavero.

Though Canavero could've definitely served as inspiration for the character,he ultimately has no direct relation to MGSV.

:/

The exact same thing is happening to me RIGHT NOW OMG...Word for word.

Yeah, it's not that far off to think Canavero was the inspiration and Moore the actor they used because he's in Japan and they can get him in for facial scanning, mocap and the like.

Varvor

So an average gaffer like rest of us?

HeelPower

Yeah, it's not that far off to think Canavero was the inspiration and Moore the actor they used because he's in Japan and they can get him in for facial scanning, mocap and the like.

Voila.

That's pretty much it.

I wished there was more to it and I LOVE this thread

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Voila.

That's pretty much it.

I wished there was more to it and I LOVE this thread
I enjoyed the shit out of it because it's nuts to consider this :V

But at the same time I'd still say it would be very macabre with Spiridonov involved, considering he's real and terminally ill. Doesn't feel like a healthy marketing push to pretend someone is going to die if your invented coo-coo doc doesn't transplant his head onto a healthy body.

Edit: and I already feel bad about Spiridonov following the fake Canavero Twitter account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom