• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a better number to call guys:

mental-health-line.png

Houndi101

I think you people can stop panicking (and get off your high horse) about the calling aspect of this whole thing right about now, there was a brief window of like 10 minutes couple of pages ago when people thought it was a good idea.
Now it's just cringeworthy you still delving in it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Kojima received the memo and is browsing this thread as we speak, thinking to himself "jesus fuck i cannot wait to leave this company".

HeelPower

I enjoyed the shit out of it because it's nuts to consider this :V

But at the same time I'd still say it would be very macabre with Spiridonov involved, considering he's real and terminally ill. Doesn't feel like a healthy marketing push to pretend someone is going to die if your invented coo-coo doc doesn't transplant his head onto a healthy body.

Yeah,you bring up a very good point.

Actually thinking about the fucked up operation Canavero wants to do and the sick patient involved and the donor body etc,makes me realize it would be deeply unethical to exploit this as some marketing tactic.

If this operation does happen, we can guess the outcome is likely very dark. I wouldn't really want Kojima to be involved in this.
well my dark side wants it to be true,lol

fastmower

I think you people can stop panicking (and get off your high horse) about the calling aspect of this whole thing right about now, there was a brief window of like 10 minutes couple of pages ago when people thought it was a good idea.
Now it's just cringeworthy you still delving in it.

Agreed.

Some points I think are worth bringing up:

Dr. Canavero's TEDx talk was done in Limassol, Cyprus, where MGS V and Phantom Pain are allegedly set: http://www.tedxlimassol.com/lineup/dr-serio-canavero/

His email address is sercan@inwind.it, Sercan is a Turkish name, and for those who don't know northern Cyprus is controlled by Turkey.

The first Turkish invasion of Cyprus took place in 1974, and was known as the 'the 1974 Peace Operation' in the north. In the MGS universe, the 'Peace Walker Incident' was a series of skirmishes fought between the CIA Peace Sentinel and the Militaires Sans Frontières mercenary group also in1974.

Description of Canavero from his TEDx page is also worth bringing up:

Dr Canavero believes that impossible is only a way of the mind. By changing perspective, everything becomes attainable.
He proved so when in three months at age 27 worked out the mechanism of one of the most intractable medical mysteries ever, central pain syndrome.

Against accepted neurological lore, he restored partial consciousness in patients in the persistent vegetative state and introduced motor cortex stimulation for the treatment of movement disorders and stroke rehabilitation.
In 2013, he made worldwide news with his project of cerebrosomatic anastomosis (Head Transplant) and again in 2014 with his cortical stimulation proposal for the treatment of psychopaths.

He authored several books and more than 100 scientific papers. He directs the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group, a Think Tank for the advancement of neuromodulation.

Dr Canavero believes that the brain does not generate consciousness, but only filters it. His goal is to open the filter and see what lies beyond.

novenD

What on Earth did you people do while I was asleep

I thought I was creeping with that whois lookup, but jeez. Not cool guys, seriously.

Simini

Banned
I think thera are two possibilities

1. It's just a coincidence. Doctors looks similar and thats all. Maybe Kojima was inspired by works of Canavero.
2. It's just a big hoax, Canavero and Spiridonov are in with Kojima and it's one of the biggest viral campaign in modern entertaiment business.

Rapstah

See the part I highlighted? Exactly. Being bombarded with calls by absolutely deranged, creepy and idiotic fans of a videogame with nothing better to do on a Sunday has little to do with it. What do you gain by stalking anyone this way? I'm out of here.

NeoGAF isn't organising calls to him. It was two people ten pages ago, and neither got through to the guy. It's okay.

DMiz

Now it's possible "central pain" and "phantom pain" are automatically associated by Amazon's recommendation engine......

Actually, central pain and phantom pain are basically the exact same thing, medically speaking.

Eh, yes and no.

Central pain refers to any pain that is due to nociceptive disruption. i.e. Your nervous system is not perceiving tissue pain but is still firing.

Phantom limb pain refers to the sensation that resides after someone loses a limb in a traumatic or iatrogenic (i.e. medical) event. It is still central, since the pain is not due to any perceived pain on the part of the missing limb, but not all central pain is necessarily phantom limb pain.

For example, migraines are central pain but is certainly not phantom limb pain.

I think that settles it.

This looks a LOT more like the actor Ian Moore than Dr.Canavero.

Though Canavero could've definitely served as inspiration for the character,he ultimately has no direct relation to MGSV.

:/

The exact same thing is happening to me RIGHT NOW OMG...Word for word.

Coincidence.. or perhaps we all have been subtlety indoctrinated to subconsciously react in a certain way as soon as somebody got close to uncover the truth, and you know maybe this whole head transplant operation is just symbolic for what Kojima has planned to do with all of our minds. And judging by how many people have literally lost their proper judgment and sanity in this thread.....

keikaku.jpg

Arttemis

Team believe, it seems. I don't believe for a single second that a head transplant is possible.

The "doctor"'s response to the question of its possibility was this:
"No problem. Come to Vladimir,Russia. I will tie you up to Valery's wheelchair,you will poo and pee the way he does,you will sleep the way he does,for 24 hours,OK? After 24 hours,I will ask you 'do you still believe that this is going to be a crazy project?' and I can bet you 100 to one that it is possible he will change his mind," he told Reuters in his studio in the northern Italian city of Turin.

"Valery is an incredible human being as I said many times over. Valery will go down in history as the 24th century's Yuri Gagarin because he will open up a new frontier and new scenarios which right now we couldn't even begin to fathom," said Canavero,referring to Russia's first man on the moon.

Such a hoax. This article isn't even accurate, as Gagarin never went to the moon.

tehPete

Banned
NeoGAF isn't organising calls to him. It was two people ten pages ago, and neither got through to the guy. It's okay.

It's still suspect how quickly the account that posted the number got approved, but regardless the calling isn't as big of an issue as some are making out. No-one likes nuisance calls, but harassment is clearly not the intent here; give it a couple of days, & my money's on all parties having a good chuckle about it. I have to believe that any scientist that uses science fiction quotes in their publications on the topic of head transplants HAS to have a sense of humour ;)

Uiki

Team believe, it seems. I don't believe for a single second that a head transplant is possible.

Such a hoax. This article isn't even accurate, as Gagarin never went to the moon.

DUNDUNDUN

HeelPower

Phantom limb pain refers to the sensation that resides after someone loses a limb in a traumatic or iatrogenic (i.e. medical) event. It is still central, since the pain is not due to any perceived pain on the part of the missing limb, but not all central pain is necessarily phantom limb pain.

but sometimes phatom pain can be due to ectopic firing in the neuroma right ? (i.e not central)

HeelPower

Coincidence.. or perhaps we all have been subtlety indoctrinated to subconsciously react in a certain way as soon as somebody got close to uncover the truth, and you know maybe this whole head transplant operation is just symbolic for what Kojima has planned to do with all of our minds. And judging by how many people have literally lost their proper judgment and sanity in this thread.....

homer-simpson-crazy.gif

I know, it's crazy. Everyone knows comrade Laika was there first.

baterism

It's seriously scary. I don't know who is using who now. Kojima might using Canavero likeness and idea (with or without actual permission) to rustle the community and make the game more gripping, or Canavero using MGS connection to sell his idea (I read he tried to crowdsource the operation?).
Or a win/win between the two, which I think a bold move from Kojima's side because if Canavero idea end up in disaster, he will get some shit form that. In other side, if the head transplant indeed successful, Kojima will be remembered forever as part of human 2.0.

Because seriously, head transplantation? Immortality? Cloning? And based on actual research from actual (mad) scientist with actual patient?
What the hell. It's on a whole different scale compared to video game. The reason Konami distancing itself from Kojima might be related.
Or, Konami enter biotech. Kojima part of it. Konami fitness center is a big data collection platform.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is what Konami thinks doesn't matter, that isn't worth it.

This is what some feel the video game world can afford to miss out on in lieu of the film industry.

These are actual opinions.

Rapstah

Are people posting things from Reddit, which are then sourced from this thread ten pages ago? That would explain why things keep getting posted again and again without quotes like it's the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom