• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loakum

Banned
I wonder does "The Big Chill" serve as a sly reference to cryogenics? (which is a procedure when they remove the head and freezes it)

Houndi101

And people defending this pretty much a mad scientist like he's a personal friend?! A person who wrote a study about "brainfucking women"...
What are you some sort of Kojima secret police?

True Fire

Kojima has always been a mad genius, but a 2 year viral marketing long con that has fooled the science community and the mainstream media? That's borderline unethical.

My head hurts.

get a new one.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Houndi101

How does this mean he's not fired? I have no clue how people have jumped to this conclusion because the doctor maybe being a cameo in the game.

Well it doesn't mean it for sure but atleast that gives some chance that this is all some sort of Kojima style ruse, but like it's been mentioned not sure if the investors would appreciate.

astuka

Neo Member
I'm not going to just claim that this is some viral marketing campaign, and I do understand that this could be just a few coincidences and nothing else that relates to MGSV ... but does anyone else think this operation is sketchy as fuck?

This doctor, who has no other fame/operations to his name, is going to do something no one else has ever done before and transplant a fucking HEAD to another person. Most of the time when people do something like this, they have a strong backing, lots of experience, and know what they're doing. This guy just came out of the blue, his science for how he's going to do the transplant is incredibly sketchy, and yet he's being given TEN MILLION DOLLARS to perform it.

If you were some government/medical place or whatever, would you give THIS guy $10 million? Also, 150 nurses and assistants? For a guy who hasn't even existed until 2008, and only claim to fame is 1) planning to do this and 2) some shoddy novel? And why Cyprus? Why is his big "announcement" at some off brand TED talk? Shouldn't it be a big deal?

Like I said, I don't believe there's enough viable proof to claim this relates to MGSV, but something fishy is going on here.

fantomena

I'm not going to just claim that this is some viral marketing campaign, and I do understand that this could be just a few coincidences and nothing else that relates to MGSV ... but does anyone else think this operation is sketchy as fuck?

This doctor, who has no other fame/operations to his name, is going to do something no one else has ever done before and transplant a fucking HEAD to another person. Most of the time when people do something like this, they have a strong backing, lots of experience, and know what they're doing. This guy just came out of the blue, his science for how he's going to do the transplant is incredibly sketchy, and yet he's being given TEN MILLION DOLLARS to perform it.

If you were some government/medical place or whatever, would you give THIS guy $10 million? Also, 150 nurses and assistants? For a guy who hasn't even existed until 2008, and only claim to fame is 1) planning to do this and 2) some shoddy novel? And why Cyprus? Why is his big "announcement" at some off brand TED talk? Shouldn't it be a big deal?

Like I said, I don't believe there's enough viable proof to claim this relates to MGSV, but something fishy is going on here.

I would absolutely trust a doctor whos in a pic like this:

Ce-savant-promet-une-greffe-de-tete-dans-deux-ans_article_landscape_pm_v8.jpg

Oh I'm pretty sure at that point nobody's taking the guy really seriously. Whether he's a real doctor or not, he's definitely a joke.

So people think this whole thing is viral marketing campaign? Seriously? I'm not sure there is any comparison to this at all, ever.

Somehow Kojima has been given a reputation as a cryptic viral marketing guru, despite;
A: Only ever teasing things within the sphere of videogames & vg media.
B: Never managing to keep the thing secret for more than 24 hours after the viral begins.
I don't think Raiden even counts as it's basically a big plot twist and lots of people try to keep their plot twists secret.

haystax

Neo Member
Can someone give me a TLDR of the events that unfolded within this thread?

Please and thank you.

Sure.
Some very elaborate PR stunt has been discovered, the crazies did their thing deconstructing it and filling in the blanks with more crazy, then to distance themselves from the crazies the normal "sane" ppl here have decided to believe in human head transplants being a real thing.

It stopped being funny when people started calling the doctor to ask dumb questions.

You act like this is some kind of major thing that's gone too far, a person gets a weird annoying phone call. THE HORROR.

Edit: Also it actually doesn't matter now if this was a viral marketing stunt because hilariously Neogaf has now made it one.

at this point i'm one more MGSV stupid conspiracy thread away from honestly hoping that the game comes out and it's a completely straightforward revenge story with some silly "oooh hallucinations" stuff in it but no real major twists of any kind

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
All I'm going to say is... Spoilsport warning...

I'm pretty sure the head transplant isn't fake, if it was, making false claims in the medical community, especially with so many talks, public attention, for a video game PR, would probably get them sued seven ways from Sunday. The science fields are really uptight about false claims and people trying to do something for personal gain on false pretense.

There may be a fun twist here somewhere, though.

Soulflarz

Banned
at this point i'm one more MGSV stupid conspiracy thread away from honestly hoping that the game comes out and it's a completely straightforward revenge story with some silly "oooh hallucinations" stuff in it but no real major twists of any kind

B-but that wouldnt be any fun!

Somehow Kojima has been given a reputation as a cryptic viral marketing guru, despite;
A: Only ever teasing things within the sphere of videogames & vg media.
B: Never managing to keep the thing secret for more than 24 hours after the viral begins.
I don't think Raiden even counts as it's basically a big plot twist and lots of people try to keep their plot twists secret.

Raiden counts. Raiden definitely counts. And yeah, people would be basically arguing he went beyond A.

You act like this is some kind of major thing that's gone too far, a person gets a weird annoying phone call. THE HORROR.

Well it all depends on how many calls he received. if it's just one or two, that's not insane.

If half of the people in this thread tried this afternoon, That's another story entirely, :p

When you think about it though, maybe that'll just help him get more publicity for his crazy schemes.

I don't think MGS V will be a simple revenge story at least as a whole.i mean i don't think it will reach MGS 2 levels of crazy, but i think Kojima is going to be showing alot of themes and taboos in TPP that are not seen alot in gaming

i think TPP will be one of the most controversial games to come out, i think their will be media attention (not just gaming)...

but i do think the core storyline, i agree will be simplistic

I'm pretty sure the head transplant isn't fake, if it was, making false claims in the medical community, especially with so many talks, public attention, for a video game PR, would probably get them sued seven ways from Sunday. The science fields are really uptight about false claims and people trying to do something for personal gain on false pretense.

Holy shit! why are you putting it in spoiler tags? :lol

Veitsev

Yeah I can't imagine Kojima pulling something like that. Would probably get him fired.

..wait fuck

I wouldn't let the stupid conspiracy threads sway your judgement. But personally I think the hallucination theories hold as much weight as the ones about time travelling Solid Snake in MGS3.

HeelPower

But that would be a ruse and a twist in and of itself!!! Yohohohoho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom