• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuthenicCookie who broke news of Sony not going to E3 says PS5 is a Monster (Details inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitbydeath

PS experience returning, Most devs already have dev kits for ps5 ( Spoiler: It’s a monster), Sony prepping hard for ps5 and one of the reason for no e3 next year because they blew all their load this year and got nothing new to show next year (They want to show new stuff at psx)

4K/60 stable and at the same time kinda monster

Small reveal mid 2019, Big one at psx, Plans might change though

Only thing i can tell right now for specs is Ryzen 8 core, Price is 500$
PS VR 2 on the other hand will have no breaker box this time around it’ll be inside the console

VR
No Breaker Box
Has a Camera (DS5 is going to have that too)
New Ps move controllers
They are also testing some gloves to go with the vr

Asked about potential launch games:
Tlou 2, Death Stranding, That samurai game and off course the main event

Release date:
It’s either March or November, Not confirmed which one it’ll be

No 1.5-2 years from now, It’s coming out in 2020. They want March 2020 but might get pushed to November 2020

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
I genuinely believe this is a controlled leak by Sony to throw Microsoft off their trail. We’re getting a lot of “leaks” with different and conflicting information and I don’t think that’s a coincidence. Just my 2 cents.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
4K/60 stable and at the same time kinda monster
PS4 Pro is already there. This kind of claim is completely dependent on how developers choose to utilize graphic assets. Everyone with a gaming PC knows this.

ramuh

PS4 Pro is already there. This kind of claim is completely dependent on how developers choose to utilize graphic assets. Everyone with a gaming PC knows this.

True But are we talking about checkerboard 4k or true 4k?

Dice

True But are we talking about checkerboard 4k or true 4k?
Depends on what you want to do with the graphic assets. That is how it will always be. Forever. It's kind of like corporate profits vs ethics in capitalism, lol.

Dice

A $500 console with a GTX 2080 TI. Yeah, right.
Xbox One X has already done it with Forza 7. If the machine has the horsepower and frame buffer for the resolution and framerate itself, the rest is just a matter of burden against that load eating into your overhead. It's all decisions of scale within scope of options.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'd take the games on PS4. Sony should fund Bloodborne 2 or a high profile title from FromSoftware

I can also live without the bells and whistles. Just sell me a console and a controller.

Noctis114

Neo Member
Wasn't pricing one of the main reasons why Sony beat Microsoft at E3 2013 and early on into 2014, in terms of sales?

$499 sounds okay but bad for Sony if Microsoft releases the Xbox scarlett at a lower price point around the same release window.

Last edited:

Jubenhimer

A 2020 release for PS5 seems all but locked at this point. But yikes at $500 though. I hope Sony doesn't pull a PS3 and expect us to work two jobs just to afford it.

I think a $500 price point could be devastating for Sony if MS somehow pulls off a cheaper system with somewhat comparable results. Everyone is talking like Microsoft is going to try and make the strongest most powerful console ever, but for all we know, maybe they go for something simpler a la the 360.

Last edited:

chinoXL

Hmm TLOU2 as a launch title???? If that's the case I'll gladly drop 5 hundo, the last of us is my sh!t..I highly doubtful this tho but I love the rumor mill heatin up

ITS A MONSTER!
378065.jpg

kfeN0He.png

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
It's Sony's turn to lay and egg so I'm really curious if they can buck the trend. Next gen should be a really fun and contentious one. Best part, is we will all reap the benefits.

OverIt

Xbox One X has already done it with Forza 7. If the machine has the horsepower and frame buffer for the resolution and framerate itself, the rest is just a matter of burden against that load eating into your overhead. It's all decisions of scale within scope of options.

The Ryzen is this year so we are looking at Vega 64 levels. It can do 4k/60fps. Little disappointing to be honest. I probably dont need to upgrade my PC for next gen(already have a Vega 64).

Leonidas

Good about 8-Core Ryzen if true.

Really curious to see how Navi turns out, wonder if it will like Polaris and come to PC mid-range first before coming to comsole.

But if Osiris specs in the other thread with the low GPU clock speed is true I just can't see it being huge difference compared to the X in terms of graphics.

vpance

Price they're aiming for.
It was said that PS4 was aiming for $399 long before the specs were finalised.

I guess, maybe. I don't remember if that was actually the case with PS4. I know they were thinking of $399 or $449 up until E3 reveal.

Wasn't pricing one of the main reasons why Sony beat Microsoft at E3 2013 and early on into 2014, in terms of sales?

$499 sounds okay but bad for Sony if Microsoft releases the Xbox scarlett at a lower price point around the same release window.

What did in MS in 2013 was being more expensive and weaker.

I can see way more people being receptive of $499 these days. The average gaming demographic gets older every gen and has more disposable income.

Last edited:
TLOU 2 is hopefully coming to PS4 and as a launch PS5 title. I would rather it just come to PS5 but you'd be severely limiting its sales in that case.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
TLOU 2 is hopefully coming to PS4 and as a launch PS5 title. I would rather it just come to PS5 but you'd be severely limiting its sales in that case.
It will. They are not going to pass up on that giant install base with a game this big.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

A $500 console with a GTX 2080 TI. Yeah, right.
Don't forget games for consoles are optimized, the right combination of hardware (although on paper might look like it can't do 4K/60) is possible to get that performance. You only need to look at the specs of the Pro and X to know what optimization is capable of.

TacosNSalsa

4k/60fps is already doable with the X and the Pro but...
NKYHGmq.jpg

They'd rather render this NPC's pubic hair so that if you happen to knock her over at the right angle and be looking in the right spot people will take to twitter at just how detailed the game is ...

Last edited:
Might hit on some of this. Might hit on none. Might hit on all. All i know is my body is ready.

Saying same stuff about vr2 as those slides showed last week or two ago. So Maybe its true or maybe the person saw those slides and included the info to make it seem legit.

JordanN

Banned
I'm going to be honest.

What good is $500 and monster specs, if next gen games start coming like this?

reIL8DE.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I want technology to evolve. But I also want to actually own my games.

With a new console generation, I feel like Publishers are going to keep pushing the "always online stuff" more, and use the excuse "but but the graphics cost more money! We have to ship the disc with nothing on it!".

Last edited:

OverIt

If Vega 64 is what the PS5 has with VR, it gives MS the opportunity to either got AR or free DXR at the same price released at the same time.

bitbydeath

Lol none of that sounds legit in the least.

RuethnicCookie was right about Sony announcing they will drop E3 in 2019.

Which isn’t something you can just lucky guess considering he even said the day they would announce it.

It lends a lot of credibility to his name.

Airbus Jr

Banned
They better not be crazy to think a 499 price tag is gonna be well received.

People aren't that broke

If they can spend $900 every two years for smartphone then $500 for a console that last for 7-8 year is a piece of cake

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom