• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan McCaffrey: Xbox Exclusive Game Drought is Officially Over

Alebrije

It was over since they got Bethesda

The real question is : Does that new exclusive IPs can compete vs Sony's ones?

We will see but no Megatons on E3 from Microsoft leaves a bittersweet feel.

soulbait

The level of hate against Xbox on this website is next level. Seems any positive sentiments or news toward Xbox enrages so many users and gets drowned out in a sea of salty tears. Why?

When a console out sells the other at such a wide margin, it is safe to assume there are more fanboys for that console. Sony has sold 2.3 times as many PS4s versus Xbox (114.93 million compared to 65.3 million). Odds would be there would be more fanboys in the Sony camp, it is just how the numbers go.

I am not one who believes that a success of a platform is all about being the number one in sales, but when looking for why it seems one voice is louder than the other, it seems like a good metric to look at.

I myself, I would not classify myself as a fanboy, but I do most of my gaming on Xbox, while still playing the big exclusives from both on Sony and Nintendo. I think giving overt praise to one corporation or overt hate to another is just silly. Each have their own strength and weaknesses, and will appeal to different people.

Interfectum

The level of hate against Xbox on this website is next level. Seems any positive sentiments or news toward Xbox enrages so many users and gets drowned out in a sea of salty tears. Why?
It's not really salt, it's just the shit Xbox influencers and shills spout on Twitter doesn't align with reality.

The Xbox drought still exists. While Sony is releasing game after game after game you have influencers online hyping up the next acquisition. 23 studios and the next big AAA games coming are Forza and Halo which doesn't even have a solid date yet.

I have a Series X, I enjoy the system and have Game Pass through 2023 but coming off E3 it feels like just more of this:
EzBerJhXMAEAx9W

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How is it any different from Sony fans crying about how the press is all bought by MS
It's not, that's the point. Two wings belonging to the same bird, and both wings think they're different than the other as they go flapping in the wind.

Six 1st party games in 6 months.

I'm glad we're at the point now where both sides of this great geek war, now agree that first party is very important for the identity of the brand.

Praise the sun!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What is it with game journalists and they're insistance on using "officially" in healines to make them sound more important? Who officiates over game droughts and how do companies get official rulings on when they're over? Do they have a certificate now? A badge?
Come on Ryan, tell us all how does this stuff works?
The only thing official is IGN's review scale which is 5-10, with most stuff getting a 7-8.

All Reviews - IGN

Last edited:

Megatron

Not being funny but were gonna be saying that about Playstation games released now, that they are just timed exclusives on Playstation.

PC is an XBOX platform, you play on Windows your already in that eco system if you buy their games on GP or Steam
Not really though right? On Xbox MS gets a cut for every game sold. They get nothing for pc games sold. Sure you have to have a MS OS but PC is already the dominant market. It would be like if Apple didn’t get a cut of app sales we would t really say users are in their eco system. I mean maybe semantically and on a technicality but not In the way that matters.

Interfectum

That is exactly what I was thinking. How is the game drought "officially over" without a game being released?
I'm really questioning Microsoft's ability to manage all of these studios. Insomniac rolls out the gate with three games and we haven't seen a single substantial release from Microsoft yet. They can't even get Halo out the door. A game that has been made and re-made ten times over. Sorry I'm not into giving trillion dollar companies a pass simply because it seems like Uncle Phil is trying so hard to please us. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Loope

It's not, that's the point. Two wings belonging to the same bird, and both wings think they're different than the other as they go flapping in the wind.

I'm glad we're at the point now where both sides of this great geek war, now agree that first party is very important for the identity of the brand.

Praise the sun!
Well, i don't. I recognize the importance for a brand like Sony and Nintendo, for what MS is going for i think it's not that important

Loope

I'm really questioning Microsoft's ability to manage all of these studios. Insomniac rolls out the gate with three games and we haven't seen a single substantial release from Microsoft yet. They can't even get Halo out the door. A game that has been made and re-made ten times over. Sorry I'm not into giving trillion dollar companies a pass simply because it seems like Uncle Phil is trying so hard to please us. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's not like it's because they are under Sony now. Insomniac just seems to have a really well maintained business independent of who is paying them.

MadPanda

Banned
Psyconauts 2 is in August, followed by forza horizon, then halo for this year plus flight simulator and some smaller games like the ascent, 12 minutes etc.
Then next year starts with Stalker, followed by Redfall, Forza Motorsport and ending with Starfield. In between will be some other smaller games and maybe something bigger.

It's not the best ever, but it's a solid lineup and miles better than the previous five or so years.

DeaDPo0L84

Imagine thinking because they have a bunch of games releasing in the future that immediately the current game situation is solved. This guy probably also thinks if he has a large debt that he owes all he has to do is get a job and the same day it magically goes away cause as soon as he gets a job the debt disappears, nah bitch you have to work and it takes time.

GymWolf

Reading this topic one would think that people with a ps5 can't have a pc with gamepass at home...

There is some secret rule that i'm unaware of?!

oagboghi2

I've counted potentially 17 games dropping on Game Pass before Forza Horizon 5.
It's not like facts matter.

84XWzdt.jpg
And again, is this list suppose to be impressive?

This is what Xbox people don’t seem to understand. I don’t care about a list, I care about the quality of the games. Am I supposed to be excited for among us? Hades? Yakuza?

It’s about quality releases. Not growing a backlog of games I will never play.

Reading this topic one would think that people with a ps5 can't have a pc with gamepass at home...

There is some secret rule that i'm unaware of?!
When you point this out, people get mad.

Last edited:

GymWolf

This is what Xbox people don’t seem to understand. I don’t care about a list, I care about the quality of the games. Am I supposed to be excited for among us? Hades? Yakuza?

Dude, hades and yakuza series are some top tier shit, just saying.

elliot5

Hades and Yakuza supposed to be shit games now???

reksveks

- 6 first party drops in 6 months.
- New Indies that rival the most anticipated ones on other competing platforms
- Great recently released games dropping into gamepass

If you don't like those games, then your issue is with the genre of games, not the number or the quality of games (assuming those indies hold up)

Greggy

You not caring about Hades does not change the fact that it won tons of GOTY awards and that a lot of people want to play it. On the Switch it was 50 bucks and on xbox, they won't have to buy the game.
You don't define quality and every game deserves its day in the hands of the players. We'll see if the Ascent, Scorn and 12 Minutes are quality games. My guess is if they were coming exclusively on PS5, they would get the benefit of the doubt more. On Xbox, some like yourself have already decided that they would never play it, without even knowing what they are.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

You not caring about Hades does not change the fact that it won tons of GOTY awards and that a lot of people want to play it. On the Switch it was 50 bucks and on xbox, they won't have to buy the game.
You don't define quality and every game deserves its day in the hands of the players. We'll see if the Ascent, Scorn and 12 Minutes are quality games. My guess is if they were coming exclusively on PS5, they would get the benefit of the doubt more. On Xbox, some like yourself have already decided that they would never play it, without even knowing what they are.
I know Hades has won a ton of awards. I actually own Hades, unlike the many people who didn’t give a shit about the game before, but now give a shit because it’s on gamepass. Their preferred service.

Yeah dude, they’re on Xbox now. That’s literally all that matters. Xbox bad, ps good!!!!!!!!!!!!
But when they were on ps and switch, Xbox fans didn’t give them the time of day.
Dude, hades and yakuza series are some top tier shit, just saying.

Which is why I have already bought Hades and many Yakuza. Why should I be excited for old games I already played?

GymWolf

I know Hades has won a ton of awards. I actually own Hades, unlike the many people who didn’t give a shit about the game before, but now give a shit because it’s on gamepass. Their preferred service.

But when they were on ps and switch, Xbox fans didn’t give them the time of day.

Which is why I have already bought Hades and many Yakuza. Why should I be excited for old games I already played?
Oh sorry, i didn't followed the entire discussion, my bad.

Last edited:

Greggy

I never deny facts and therefore I never could have denied that it won many awards.
I also admit that I would not have paid full price for it (unfortunately Nintendo prices do not depreciate) . On GP however, I will sure as hell find some time for it.

Papacheeks

Banned
I never deny facts and therefore I never could have denied that it won many awards.
I also admit that I would not have paid full price for it (unfortunately Nintendo prices do not depreciate) . On GP however, I will sure as hell find some time for it.

Yakuza games have been cheap for years. They consistently go on sale on steam for $4.99 for Zero, Yakuza kiwami 1 and 2. Hell literally last year the Yakuza collection that was remastered 3,4 5 was $49.99 for all three. Thats super cheap and then 6 months later it could be had for like $30 or less.

These games are readily available for cheap on multiple platforms like PSN, STEAM. Xbox is making a big deal about it because they signed a deal with sega, and xbox is not big when it comes to Japanese market or Japanese software.

Top Bottom