• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan Penagos: Spider-Man releasing in 2017 on PS4 [Insomniac insists no timeframe]

STEaMkb

Ryan Penagos: And there's even more on the horizon for 2017 like Spider-Man coming to PS4 and Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite coming to Xbox One, PS4, windows PC... https://streamable.com/ub07s

KXe1MXr.gif

Edit: Amazing if true. If.

Edit 2: The video is a few months old.

As we've always said, no release timeframe has been announced

(Also that clip is not new at all - it's months old --- so don't connect it with a tweet about a meeting last week)

JB2448

That's not what he's saying? He's saying he "could see them following the same pattern."

Edit: Watched it. Okay, he's sure? The quote in your post is just different.

Cubas

For those of you that don't know, Ryan is "Vice President & Executive Editor at Marvel Digital Media."

If this indeed releases this year....Oh boy. The best PS4 year ever.

Order

The title of the thread and the quote are two wildly different statements

Edit: Ah okay I get it now

Hwoar

Hmm nope that doesn't really count as him claiming that or something. Also I don't know who he is.

That's not what he's saying? He's saying he "could see them following the same pattern."

The quote in the OP isn't the quote from in the video. The quote in the video is from a "Vice President & Executive Editor of Marvel's Digital Media Group" (got that from linkedin, that right?) saying that spiderman is coming to the PS4 in 2017.

The quote in the OP isn't the quote from in the video. The quote in the video is from a "Vice President & Executive Editor" (got that from linkedin, that right?) saying that spiderman is coming to the PS4 in 2017.

Vice President & Executive Editor, @Marvel Digital Media. I'm about gifs, #seeeekrits, cute animals, food. Let's be friends! Personal account!

from his twitter.

might be a throwaway comment but was Marvel vs capcom slated for this year as well?

8byte

Banned
Q4 2017 or Q1 2018 seem reasonable.

They'll probably try to release as near to Homecoming as they can, despite being two separate story lines, the name will and surrounding hype will help bolster sales.

Neoxon

from his twitter.

might be a throwaway comment but was Marvel vs capcom slated for this year as well?
MvCI has been slated for Late 2017 since its reveal. Though recent info from WonderCon indicates that we won't get anymore MvCI news until the next big gaming event (likely E3).

Raimond

2017 cannot be stopped! But after this crazy Q1, I wouldn't mind a bit of breathing room. Oh wait... Persona 5 is here now. It just keeps coming!

wapplew

Not convinced until I see gameplay demo. Spider-Man game is not easy task, even with talented studio like IG.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ya we know.

Insomniac on twitter said something like "We never said it's coming in 2018" after some guy complained why they showing a 2018 game so early. Can't remember the exact same words but they basically confirmed 2017.

Oh and there was a best buy ad thingy which said "2017".

BigEmil

Possible, Ratchet and Clank was done ages ago they delayed it to release more in line with the movie release and not all Insomniac employees worked on the Ratchet and Clank so they probably been working on this for some time

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've been kind of expecting it to. Insomniac doesn't have huge dev cycles and it would be perfect to release it in the same year as Homecoming.

I think the game has the potential to be massive, especially if bundled, and is one of the few thing Sony would probably feel safe releasing in the holiday season.

kevin1025

Banned
I knew it!

I think it'll be tied to around the movie, even though it isn't connected. July is fairly quiet at the moment outside of Final Fantasy XII!

Mathieran

Banned
I really want this to be good. We know so little about it but now that Horizon is out this my new game I'm gonna obsess over. I rewatched the E3 trailer the other day and it looked great.

I wasn't really expecting it to come out this year so I'd be happy it did, but I hope they're not rushing it.

I've been kind of expecting it to. Insomniac doesn't have huge dev cycles and it would be perfect to release it in the same year as Homecoming.

It wouldn't be surprising for it to be 2018, but 2017 isn't surprising too.

It basically boils down to "is this a 3+ years dev cycle game or a 4+ years dev cycle?"

By Oct/Nov, this game would be in development for 3.5 years, relatively the same amount of time it took for IG to ship Sunset Overdrive.

You could also easily see it go the other way round, where it takes more time, and ends up spilling till next year.

Neoxon

Not convinced until I see gameplay demo. Spider-Man game is not easy task, even with talented studio like IG.
Again, this is coming straight from Marvel. Unless a delay happens, it seems like a 2017 release is the current plan.

Top Bottom