• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse (Codename: Kingdoms) for 360 is a "cinematic" Kinect game

Already posted, but deserves its own thread, IMO. See the lower left:

KdhHj.png

As per our own miladesn, Ryse is trademarked by Crytek, so this pretty much has to be Kingdoms.

slider

If someone could define "cinematic" in this instance I'd be very grateful. Being a cynical ass all I'm getting is "on rails".

survivor

Banned
So Heavy Rains Kinect? I just don't see how you can have action packed Kinect game with full control of your movements.

Lakitu

st5fu
Annoyed that it's a Kinect title, this stinks of it being a standard controller game and then Microsoft telling Crytek to turn it into a Kinect-only title to please the core gamers.

Probably something like Infinity Blade then.

I have a feeling this is going to be Sony 2006 and Nintendo 2008 all over again.

It is going to be like last year. GAF hating... and end of 2011 MS will have sold a gazillion more 360s and everybody will cry.

Damn.

Back when it was announced I thought it was going to be a 3rd person action adventure title with heavy Xbox Live integration.

I got punked.

I knew they'd butcher this game if it was to be a Kinect experience. Well I guess it could still be decent, or different to how I imagine it turning out, but I have a feeling 'cinematic' means - hand holding, forcing you in one direction, jesture based gameplay.

As much good as Kinect is doing MS at the minute, it sure is messing core games up. Be thankful Gears 3 isn't 'Kinect Enabled'.

Rad-

Will it really be on rails? I have my doubts both MS and Crytek would make a bid budget on-rails game. Sounds really risky.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
It's a hardcore Kinect title from a very established developer, isn't that something most gamers wanted to see? I think it would be wise to wait and see how it actually plays before we make judgement.

Less than two hours away. :)

slider

Skiesofwonder said:
It's a hardcore Kinect title from a very established developer, isn't that something most gamers wanted to see? I think it would be wise to wait and see how it actually plays before we make judgement.

Yep, positivity! Not long to go now.

Rad- said:
Will it really be on rails? I have my doubts both MS and Crytek would make a bid budget on-rails game. Sounds really risky.

But to most non-harcore gamers it will look like a graphically amazing, cinematic action experience. They'll market it as being able to take part in your own medievil action movie. I'm certain it'll look impressive as a stage demo, but how fun will it be to play?

I'd like to add that I'm not against on the rails games, per say. Panzer Dragoon is one of my favourite game series of all time and Child of Eden for Kinect looks amazing - a game that could sell me the system. However a game such as Kingdoms, where it's hack and slash, seems very ill-suited for this genre. But I will reserve final judgement until I've heard some feedback from the press.

Dabanton

Skiesofwonder said:

But but but the rails man i'm outraged about this thing that i haven't seen yet.

On the flip side, with an on-rails experience they can push the graphics even if they're used to work on much more powerful hardware.

Skiesofwonder said:

That's not something I want to see, to be honest. I'd rather see a regular ol' 360 game from that same very established developer.

Marleyman

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:

You would think that would be the case with this crowd.

Dennis

Banned
VisanidethDM said:
On the flip side, with an on-rails experience they can push the graphics even if they're used to work on much more powerful hardware.
Who cares about the graphics, its all about the gameplay.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Is there anything that's not Halo and not Kinect that MS has coming up?

Top Bottom