• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: Son of Rome PC graphics settings detailed

-SD-

Banned
Nice move from Crytek. Info on how to tune the settings manually will be in the release notes.

Crytek - See how Ryse is embracing the power of PC

http://store.steampowered.com/app/302510/
http://www.rysegame.com

Release is Oct 10 (4 DLC packs included).

Can't wait for Ryse pics to hit the screenshots thread.

EDIT:

r_FullscreenWindow cvar will be enabled at launch so you can play in Borderless Windowed Mode.
How much VRAM is needed to very high textures at 1080p ?

1.0 GB VRAM : Low
1.5 GB VRAM : Medium
2.0 GB VRAM : High
3.0 GB VRAM : Very High
No plans for a benchmark tool, sorry.

Dr Dogg

Looking good. Though that's two Xbox One ports now that have an internal rendering resolution and a seperate display resolution with Dead Rising 3 being the same.

Edit: No ignor me I've just seen it mentioned why further down in the article.
Rendering Resolution: This option only comes into play when you have enabled Native Upscaling. It allows you to select what resolution the game is rendered at.

Durante

Looking good. Though that's two Xbox One ports now that have an internal rendering resolution and a seperate display resolution with Dead Rising 3 being the same.
That's a very good thing though. Ideally, the internal rendering resolution should be entirely arbitrary (both smaller or larger than display).

Vuze

Is this bad tho? I mean it's certainly a nice touch to have sharp UI for those who can't output native resolution graphics.

Settings look good, can't wait to see the game in person.

Since you're here, this:
What about borderless windowed fullscreen? It's easy enough to force using external tools, but an in-game option is always nicer. And it's like 5 lines of code.
I second this, it's an excellent option if you're streaming your gameplay on the same computer you're gaming on.

Dr Dogg

That's a very good thing though. Ideally, the internal rendering resolution should be entirely arbitrary (both smaller or larger than display).

Is this bad tho? I mean it's certainly a nice touch to have sharp UI for those who can't output native resolution graphics.

Settings look good, can't wait to see the game in person.

Yeah sorry I just twigged that. I was more over seeing this a common theme between two titles designed specifically for the Xbox One and was wondering if we might see it more common place in future ports.

Caayn

Can someone from Crytek confirm if Ryse supports more aspect ratios than just 16:9, like 21:9?
DR3 has a similar setup in which the internal render resolution can be different from the output resolution but DR3 gives you blackbars when outputting at a non-16:9 ratio (from what I've seen).

KKRT00

Since you're here, this:
What about borderless windowed fullscreen? It's easy enough to force using external tools, but an in-game option is always nicer. And it's like 5 lines of code.

There is a CryEngine command for that in Crysis 3 - r_FullscreenWindow = 1

drotahorror

Seems like settings I would expect. Supersampling is a nice touch though. Can't wait for this. Comes out at the perfect time for me too. Right between DriveClub and Evil Within.

Kezen

Banned
Well aren't the recommended specs 2GB Vram @ 1080p?
I would imagine that much or so.
It's possible they are talking about high settings for textures. System requirements are pretty vague and it's hard to extract much from them.
Given that the CryEngine has a very efficient streaming system in place I'm not worried, I was merely curious.

Com_Raven

How much VRAM is needed to very high textures at 1080p ?

This is the breakdown:

Release notes will include instructions to change it manually for adventurous gamers.

Since you're here, this:

I asked the team, and they will make sure that the r_FullscreenWindow cvar will be enabled at launch so you can play in Borderless Windowed Mode.

KKRT00

I asked the team, and they will make sure that the r_FullscreenWindow cvar will be enabled at launch so you can play in Borderless Windowed Mode.

Couldnt You ask them just to unlock all the commands in singleplayer? :p
I want t_scale so badly.
Enabling caustics would be nice too, which is easy with access to commands.

"Temporal Anti-Aliasing: You can enable TAA to fight temporal aliasing, a kind of flickering that can occur on fast-moving objects on-screen."

Didn't anyone on the graphics team check what they wrote on the site? That's just all kinds of wrong...

Seanspeed

Banned
Argh, well, that's a bummer for sure.
These often seem to be inaccurate from what I've seen if the purpose is to see what your in-game performance will actually be like. As a benchmark tool for comparisons, I suppose they are useful, though.

Ask them to unlock everything if you can, haha. Messing around with console variables is oddly satisfying, plus it allows for some of the best screenshots ever (free marketing yo!).

Kezen

Banned
This is the breakdown:

Release notes will include instructions to change it manually for adventurous gamers.

Thanks a lot for this. My 780 should be okay then.

Newline

I'm not liking this trend of 3GB+ required for max textures at 1080p.
My 2GB 770 weeps.

Most said in the PC thread that 2GB would be a non issue unless going beyond 1080p or SLI'ing...
Wow I regret not dishing out the £30 for the 4GB version. I know i'll be able to max all the other settings on that card with FXAA.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm definitely waiting to play this until I get my GTX 970.

Most said in the PC thread that 2GB would be a non issue unless going beyond 1080p or SLI'ing...
Wow I regret not dishing out the £30 for the 4GB version. I know i'll be able to max all the other settings on that card with FXAA.
Technically, I would still agree with that. Saying something 'will be fine' doesn't necessarily mean with every game having completely maxed out settings. Just in terms of general playability and *reasonable* settings, 2GB probably will be just fine.

KHlover

Banned
My 2GB 770 weeps.

Glad I went with a 4GB 770, but I could bite myself in the ass for upgrading juuust before NVIDIA announces a new generation. Oh well...

In 1080p and with low expectations regarding AA the 770 still should last a while, right?

knitoe

My 2GB 770 weeps.

Wondering, if, they are the same people that said 1GB, 1.5GB and etc. are fine at 1080p? I have always been telling people to get more, because running at Y resolution doesn't limit to X VRAM.

Wondering, if, they are the same people that said 1GB, 1.5GB and etc. are fine at 1080p? I have always been telling people to get more, because running at Y resolution doesn't limit to X VRAM.

people seem incapable of understanding that having 4GB is usefull over a 2GB even if the game is only using 2.1GB of vram.

PC Owners in for a bit of a treat, I actually really enjoyed the game. I beat it in one sitting, playing about 8-10 hours straight.

EDIT - 3GB for Very High? Just in time for the GTX 970 eh? :p

Freeman

Banned
I feel good that I ended up choosing a 3GB GPU.

It looks like Crytek is doing a good job porting the game, even if the game isn't very good it will at least serve as a good benchmark.

Begaria

Chalk me up to be in the "I need to upgrade from a 1GB Card". Eh, we'll see what kind of cards come out next fall.

Chalk me up to be in the "I need to upgrade from a 1GB Card". Eh, we'll see what kind of cards come out next fall.

If you have the money this is the perfect time to upgrade. The price to performance ratio on the new Nvidia cards are insane. What card do you have?

Top Bottom