• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: Son Of Rome |Reviews| It's going to be a bloodbath!

Classic case of graphics over gameplay, saw this coming since E3.

Though what I saw of the game on Polygon's stream last night did look kind of fun.

Martian

This annoys the hell out of me. Not because I was expecting this game to be good, but because we need some Roman-themed games. I want a game like God of War set during Roman times and a game like Rome total war but on a different scale. Imagine playing like Caesar, commanding a single army through different scenarios. Making sure your men have enough food, sending out scouts, replenishing your men.

But when a game like this gets low scores, chances are that no other studios will try to make another Roman themed game.

DrBo42

Oh man. I do not envy the Ryse team right now. Brutal. Can't say this beatdown is undeserved based on the footage and reviews though. Better start working on the gameplay overhaul for the sequel.

This annoys the hell out of me. Not because I was expecting this game to be good, but because we need some Roman-themed games. I want a game like God of War set during Roman times and a game like Rome total war but on a different scale. Imagine playing like Caesar, commanding a single army through different scenarios. Making sure your men have enough food, sending out scouts, replenishing your men.

But when a game like this gets low scores, chances are that no other studios will try to make another Roman themed game.

I think having no idea how to make a fun and successful action game is the issue rather than the time period.

phaze

Joystiq review said:
Luckily, however, you don't have to press X when enemies flash blue, or any button at all, as it's impossible to fail these moments. The execution goes off without a hitch whether you get it right or not, but pressing the correct button rewards you with more points toward your selected perk.

Scores are brutal.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
90% of GAF called it from day one.

image.php

I think I will still get this game. Hopefully it could end up like Knack where a lot of people end up enjoying it despite the bad reviews. Pretty disappointing reviews though :/

Al13n

Neo Member
Alright, cancelled my full setup from Amazon UK (console as well). Just in time, was preparing to be dispatched.

Damn - despite all the speculation, I still thought Crytek might pull it out of their hat.

Shame, this really could have been something.

Top Bottom