• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: Son Of Rome |Reviews| It's going to be a bloodbath!

Fergie

Banned
That keeping the embargo before launch day to drive hype cause it's going to get 9/10 consensus.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

I knew it would blow chunks as soon as I saw the first gameplay vids. it looks utterly boring.

oh well so much for the "great" launch titles for Xboned.

QaaQer

People shouldn't blame Crytek, btw. MS execs hired them to make a violent Roman Kinect game and then had them switch it to a controller game half way through development while still insisting on it being a launch game. Of course this was going to be terrible as far as gameplay goes.

Damn - despite all the speculation, I still thought Crytek might pull it out of their hat.

Shame, this really could have been something.

People shouldn't blame Crytek, btw. MS execs hired them to make a violent Roman Kinect game and then had them switch it to a controller game half way through development while still insisting on it being a launch game. Of course this was going to be terrible as far as gameplay goes.

It's Crytek. All they've ever done is make playable tech demos that you have to pay for.

A bunch of folk seem to be enjoying Knack. I wonder if the same will come through for Ryse.

Some people on here have already prepped themselves to love the game even if they have to play the game with their feet while yelling out kinect commands

I think he had a death in the family, so lets be nice and not jump on him.

Seriously? Oh man I am sorry then Ill edit, can you edit your quote.

xHunter

Cant wait for misterxmedias article about this
"They dient geht the dgpu ultra gameplay Upgrades Version of Ryse. Only selected reviewers got them. "

CloudWolf

the Colosseum is a kind of clockwork Holodeck
The Colosseum shouldn't even exist in the time period the game is set in. I know Crytek was never going for historical accuracy, but this is still pissing me off more than it should.

Liamario

Banned
I think polygon should be banned at this point to be honest. I don't hear/read any defence for them from even the most hardened fanboy. They're like a referee at a Manchester United match.

Volcane

Oh dear! Seems like it is a bit pants. Honestly thought it was going to be a good game, with 8-9 review scores.

Seems that there isn't a killer app for either Xb1 and ps4 at launch.

I'm surprised nobody has spoken about Microsoft cheap tactics. They most likely knew it would get bad reviews and put embargo up for Thursday. Too late to cancel now for me.

kiyomi

I actually thought this might do worse.

Seems like what most thought it would be; a tedious and monotonous slog that is visually very attractive but with a completely predictable 5-hour story. Seems totally average and nothing really to write home about. Like I say, I thought critics might actually be harsher on it.

Storm360

Was expecting this, was fun when I played it, but had the feeling it was the type of game that would get old very fast.

Top Bottom