• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: The Empire? (rumored sequel)

ArjanN

It was much better than that at its highest difficulty. It actually became a challenge juggling and changing combo boosts on the fly.

Also some of the best transitions from cutscenes to actual gameplay I've ever seen. Also enjoyed the story.

Yeah, playing on a higher difficulty helped, still, they'd need to flesh out the gameplay if there is a sequel.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I would do fucking anything for this sequel.

Ryse was criminally underrated and still stands toe to toe visually with anything this gen on console. A Scorpio patch to the first game would be fucking glorious.

giphy.gif

Seriously tho Ryse was one of the most forgettable games ever.

Hawk269

I would love a sequel. Ryse was a show piece of what the Xbox One can do and Crytek did an amazing job as to this day it is still one of the best looking console games. What they were able to do with the hardware was impressive. If this was true, which I don't think it is it could be leveraged as a showcase of the Scorpio, but again, not banking on this at all. Just wishful thinking!

I don't believe it for a second but I'd be all over a Ryse sequel. First one laid down a solid foundation and considering the shift from first-person 360 Kinect bullshit to a third person Xbone launch title I'm surprised it was as good as it turned out to be.

If they built and expanded upon the combat and enemy variety for a sequel you have the potential for a legit great game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Likely fake, but i think ryse could be expande to be legitimately great. All it would take ia t e miving the training wheels (color cided enemies), expanding combat and gameplay, and opening up levels for more than arena fuels. The core combat loop was pretty interesting, the game just needed more depth imo

Edit: fuck my phone and auto correct. Good luck making sense of this gibberish

Top Bottom